Sukhmani Sahib And Mind

Guest Jaskaren

Guest Jaskaren

Dear SadhSangat

I wanted to know instead of doing sukhmani sahib could i just repeat these precious lines like doing a jaap of

"SUKHMANI SUKH AMRIT PRABH NAAM BHAGAT JANA KAI MAN VISRAM"

i have a very hard hard time concentrating on sukhmani sahib or any othere path

and how many times should i repeat them?

thaanku verymuch

for ur time generosity

d_oh.gif

My feeling is that you shoudl do whatever you need to do to facilitate your mind's progression to achieve a goal.

If you wish to read sukhmani sahib every day, but can't because of concentration, then yes, start off with maybe only doing one quarter with full concentration...

but then come back to it later, and complete it... we're humans, and it takes a long time to develop strong concentration. it only happens with kirpa.

PERSONALLY, and i'm sure people will disagree, but if repeating such tuks helps your mind focus in and create a connection with the baani, and ultimately leads you to having enough concentrationt o complete sukhmani sahib in one sitting, then do it

but at the same time, don't cheat guruji. don't just remember these tuks and only say these tuks if it's not a form of self-improvement to ultimately be able to gain concentration and mental strength.

of course do baani da abhiyaas whenever you can, but if reciting these tuks is an effort to gain mental strength to concentrate, then make sure you still work towards that goal.. just repeating these tuks for the next 15 years and never making progress may not end up being fruitful.

Concentrating is tricky, but I think you should still do the full baani. It's such a powerful baani that some Gursikhs would never even dream of skipping it as part of their daily nitnem.

It's not easy to concentrate, but just as if you were unable to concentrate during Nitnem, you would still complete it, similarly, you should still complete Sri Sukhmani Sahib. Concentration will come with Guru Sahib's kirpaa.

perhaps you should try singing the gurbani. I have found that Singing Gubani has greater effect on the mind than simply reading it. Also emphasising on certain words as you are singing creates a deeper involvement of the mind as when you emphasise on a certain word or lines the mind is forced to become focused.

so my advice, Sing the Sukhmani Sahib and be more emotionally expressive when you sing the words.

perhaps you should try singing the gurbani.  I have found that Singing Gubani has greater effect on the mind than simply reading it.  Also emphasising on certain words as you are singing creates a deeper involvement of the mind as when you emphasise on a certain word or lines the mind is forced to become focused. 

142301[/snapback]

ohmy.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

perhaps you should try singing the gurbani.  I have found that Singing Gubani has greater effect on the mind than simply reading it.  Also emphasising on certain words as you are singing creates a deeper involvement of the mind as when you emphasise on a certain word or lines the mind is forced to become focused. 

so my advice, Sing the Sukhmani Sahib and be more emotionally expressive when you sing the words.

142301[/snapback]

:@