Wireless Wifi Boardband In Home?

sikh supreme

I've never reached speeds with wireless that I have with a wired connection.

I'm on a cable connection.

A problem that you might face with wireless is a broken connection because of a cordless phone sharing the same frequency. If you have 2.4 GHz phones in the house, a phone call can potentially break your connection. What you can do is go into the router's control panel and fine-tune the frequency in order to eliminate the interference.

If wireless isn't absolutely necessary, and you're only looking into it for a little bit of convenience, maybe you could hold off for just a little bit while 802.11n is being developed. Pre-n is said to be able to work upon release, but your best bet would be to play it safe. If you have even more patience, you could wait while Wi-Max is being developed. haha

If you do end up going wireless, be sure to read your manual to ensure that you use (at least) a 64-bit password and disable SSID broadcasting.

Anyone using wireless broadband routers?

Whats your experiences do they work well?

What broadband speed do you currently have?

Is the connection reliable...experienced any problems?

I'm thinking of goin wireless need some views/opinions about it though.

Thanx

142858[/snapback]

Boss, I have connected the Mac through wireless router. The model of the wireless router is Netgear WG614 or something. It works beautifully and the Mac has better speeds internet speeds than the PC. It is a really useful device.

Though you could have some difficulty in setting it up, but once you are all set up it never fails. If there are some connectivity problems now and then, just unplug the wireless router for 10 secs and then connect it again. You'll be fine.