What Do I Do?

Guest Preetam Kaur

Guest Preetam Kaur

Does anyone watch the Yoga Programme 7-8 everyday on Aastha Television? Some Swami Ramdev?

Well since my mum found out about this channel from her gujerati friend my mums adicted to the Yoga Programme, but apparently he isn't a good man.

I don't like my mum watching this as she's kind of changed her views saying how the man is speaking the truth and now it's turned real bad to the extent that she wants to go and meet this so called Swami thing.

This is causing a little family problems too, and Sangat Ji I dont know what to do cause she thinks he can sort her Arthritis out. When me or my dad advice her just to see the local doctor she's not seeming to listen.

Before my mum wasnt like this she's not Amrit Dhari but is religious. Now I think she has lost all the spirituality that she has. She doesn't seem the same mum to me. Now she's missing Rehraas times to watch this programme, and i dont like it no.gif

Is there any way how I can stop all this? I have a feeling that her friend might be talking her into it.

Vaheguroooo. This is really sad to hear bhen. Youve got to some how present her with gurbani.....seee sikhi to the max and stuff and make her read what our Guru Sahib is saying. Gyan is needed.....educating about sikhi principles is needed.

Tell your mum to do paath if she can....sarb rog ka aukhad naamm....Gurbani is the true healer. Do Sukhamni Sahib da paath.

Aastha is doing a lot to turn attention of people away from sikhi....with all these so claled healers that come on.

www.SikhiToTheMax.com

www.searchsikhism.com

Goodluck.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Sister, you could put paath on in the morning before she wakes up, so the first thing she hears is Gurbani. And she wont think about the yoga thing.

Maybe you could put Gurbani lectures on.

Sister if you dont mind me asking, why does your mum think she will be healed, did the swami person, make a statemant like that?

The reason why im asking is because if she thinks that he will heal her because he's a yoga master then maybe she could go and meet Sikhs in LA who do yoga. This could maybe make her more into Gurbani and yet be still do yoga.

Like the sister above said that sarb rog ka aukhad naam, Gurbani can cure anything that is if God wills.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

EVERYONES MUMS ARE ADDICTED TO THAT.. your not on your own bhenjee!lol.. but i think your mum must be the worst.. if shes turning down her paat to go watch it... ive heard some peoples mums rush home from the gurudwara to watch it.. i was laughing at 1st.. when u watch this guy.. he says things like ''rub ur palms and u will never get cancer'' and '' cover your eyes and rub them you will never go blind'' hmm...

My parents watch that program as well.I dont think that guy preaches anything religious in particular, he just seeems to do yoga. Oh though the way he does that stomach curling, its quite cool and gruesome.

I think some people in india have good knowledge about old ways of curing illnesses. So there is no harm in learning about a particular cure however if a sikh believes that these guys will help him/her get closer to god then thats not true because if u follow sikhi cos only Guru ji can do that.

Finally, My parents watch it cos they like to see all these excercises and probably want to try them out in the living room. But i dont think they miss Rehras sahib from Harmandir sahib to see this program. Cos i believe that channel shows this kind of programs all day long.

One is about this yoga guy and another is about that woman who seems quite knowledgable.

finallly ppl use other alternatves to escape their fears and when there no solution to their problem in sight at the current time,they turn to ppl who say the things they want to hear and become pre-occupied with the voice ... without looking in to the source of that voice. So talk to ur mother and ask her wat she is worried about. Propose to her that if the local doctor cant fix her then she can try anything she wants.

Thankyou Ji for all the posts and advices. However I've tried putting Nitnem, in the mornings, no difference really. She's become lazy too.

Yes, there were loads of people there saying how they got cured with seeing him. Think mum has the illusion to she'll get cured from his advice..

It's getting to a point where everyone are getting fed up with her, all my brothers & sisters including my dad aswell.

Even I know this guy is stupid. We all even purposely do our paaht in front of her. But still unsuccessful, no.gif

The cure is Gurbani and naam simran.

Gurbani cures cancer.

Bhai Jagjit singh posted in link above how a Bhai Sahib started doing naam simran and changed his life.

Im not saying yoga is crape its got its place as an exercise but its NO miricle cure. This is the thing about this yogas taught by these guys. Panjabi women im sorry to say have this thing about belive anything some one claims and waht they see on Tv.

Its like chaita Chollai "sants" no different here. These pakandis have largest women following then get exposed for doing kaami stuff or illegal. like sai baba

who got exposed by BBC as a pedofile i belive rape, etc.

One thing I would say is improve your jeevan at same time this can have a madd effect on people around us. for example doing simran around your mum. doing paat alllowed. do ardaas for her. You never know when Guroo Sahib will do bakshis and your mum may realise what she is doing by look at you.

Keep strong and in chardi Kala. If i was your dad I would prob take the sky box out.

Gurooo Anng Sanng