Why Are These Sikhs Wearing Tiliks?

AussieSikh

vaheguru ji kaa khalsa

vaheguru ji kee fateh

ok no1 has answered the question what the tilak mean and in what way it gets you closer to maharaj.....if it doesnt then why waste your time argueing over it????

regardless of wheather the guru sahibs were adorned with a tilak....no1 has been able to name the tilaks benefits to a sikh?

personally it seems abit foolish that anyone representing sikhi would where a tilak....this is not in any way an attack on the ritual of the tilak whateva it mayb or on hindu culture....but its foolish because we as sikhs are finding it hard enough in this day and age to find our identity....in india we are still classed as part of the hindu faith....why make matters worse and confuse people even more by adopting rituals that are associated with the hindu faith....

im not debating that the gurus wore tilaks or not...although i do find it hard to beleve that they did, whoever wrote it....but unless someone can state its benefit....then it seems like, in my opinion those guys in the picture should not reali be allowed to represent sikhs as they are just making it harder for sikhs to establish an identity of our own outside the hindu faith....

bhul chuk maaf

vaheguru ji kaa khalsa

vaheguru ji kee fateh

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to those who think that hinduism is b**ls**t. what a small minded group of people ....... i feel sad for most of you who think that the hindus are out there to get you.

this is a youth forum, is this what you want to teach your youth? "shoot those who adopt stupid hindu rituals" is this what your gurus taught you?

i am a hindu brahmin, mu future husband to be is sikh. i love my religion and my fiance loves his. everynight and morning, we pray to the vaheguru (your gurus), and there is a certain peace and calm that comes over us. and yes my fiance comes to my temples takes part in the so called stupid hindu rituals.

we both love and respect both our religions.

but after reading this forum all i can say is that even though im not sikh by religion, i think respect sikhi more than some of you do.

hinduism, is one of the oldest religion in the world. it has no need to preach or get people involved to grow its numbers. if you guys so upset about why the tilak was applied why dont you try to get to the publisher of the photo, and found out why and where it happened. and why dont you write to them about your disgust?

at this day and age, people have bigger problems in the world, aids and poverty and heres the sikhi youth of the future debating over the STUPID hindu tilak as in their own words....

respect to the gurus who only preached love.

Guest militant singh
SADLy those dodgy nihangs like niddar singh uk lot have taken over the historical shirne and perform hindu rituals there along with ''sacarafices'' chopin of animals heads along with a lot of other B***<banned word filter activated>

what ?!?!?!?!?!?!

pls explain............

147218[/snapback]

i was reffering 2 hazoor sahib and the activities that go on there

Guest militant singh
to those who think that hinduism is b**ls**t. what a small minded group of people ....... i feel sad for most of you who think that the hindus are out there to get you.

this is a youth forum, is this what you want to teach your youth? "shoot those who adopt stupid hindu rituals" is this what your gurus taught you?

i am a hindu brahmin, mu future husband to be is sikh. i love my religion and my fiance loves his. everynight and morning, we pray to the vaheguru (your gurus), and there is a certain peace and calm that comes over us. and yes my fiance comes to my temples takes part in the so called stupid hindu rituals.

we both love and respect both our religions.

but after reading this forum all i can say is that  even though im not sikh by religion, i think respect sikhi more than some of you do.

hinduism, is one of the oldest religion in the world. it has no need to preach or get people involved to grow its numbers. if you guys so upset about why the tilak was applied why dont you try to get to the publisher of the photo, and found out why and where it happened. and why dont you write to them about your disgust?

at this day and age, people have bigger problems in the world, aids and poverty and heres the sikhi youth of the future debating over the STUPID hindu tilak as in their own words....

respect to the gurus who only preached love.

147224[/snapback]

if u read my post in detail u will c i did not call 'hinduism b**<banned word filter activated> i was refering 2 the activities taking palce dwn sachkand sri hazoor sahib

aval aleh noor oupaaeiaa kudharath kae sabh ba(n)dhae ||

eaek noor thae sabh jag oupajiaa koun bhalae ko ma(n)dhae ||1||

logaa bharam n bhoolahu bhaaee ||

khaalik khalak khalak mehi khaalik poor rehiou srab t(h)aa(n)ee ||1|| rehaao ||

maattee eaek anaek bhaa(n)th kar saajee saajanehaarai ||

naa kashh poch maattee kae bhaa(n)ddae naa kashh poch ku(n)bhaarai ||2||

sabh mehi sachaa eaeko soee this kaa keeaa sabh kashh hoee ||

hukam pashhaanai s eaeko jaanai ba(n)dhaa keheeai soee ||3||

alahu alakh n jaaee lakhiaa gur gurr dheenaa meet(h)aa ||

kehi kabeer maeree sa(n)kaa naasee sarab nira(n)jan ddeet(h)aa ||4||3||

Prabhaatee:

First, Allah created the Light; then, by His Creative Power, He made all mortal beings.

From the One Light, the entire universe welled up. So who is good, and who is bad? ||1||

O people, O Siblings of Destiny, do not wander deluded by doubt.

The Creation is in the Creator, and the Creator is in the Creation, totally pervading and permeating all places. ||1||Pause||

The clay is the same, but the Fashioner has fashioned it in various ways.

There is nothing wrong with the pot of clay - there is nothing wrong with the Potter. ||2||

The One True Lord abides in all; by His making, everything is made.

Whoever realizes the Hukam of His Command, knows the One Lord. He alone is said to be the Lord's slave. ||3||

The Lord Allah is Unseen; He cannot be seen. The Guru has blessed me with this sweet molasses.

Says Kabeer, my anxiety and fear have been taken away; I see the Immaculate Lord pervading everywhere. ||4||3||

Actually you did mock Hindusim and its rituals, which you have no right to. If a westerner were to see our practices without understanding them they may call us "crap". State of war? Really when did this happen? When was it that the Sikh faith was at war with the Hindus, I think you better call the Prime Minister of India and inform him, hes Sikh by the way. Militant Singh it is no right of yours in any way to call any body elses beliefs "crap", Im actually surprised at the moderators whom Im sure read this and allowed it to continue, I remember some members being put on moderation for this, however we let people like this come on a sikh forum and give us a bad name? I agree what if a Hindu (already has) came along and read this, I would leave my disclaimer stating that militant singh speaks for no one but himself.

Guest militant singh
Actually you did mock Hindusim and its rituals, which you have no right to. If a westerner were to see our practices without understanding them they may call us "crap". State of war? Really when did this happen? When was it that the Sikh faith was at war with the Hindus, I think you better call the Prime Minister of India and inform him, hes Sikh by the way. Militant Singh it is no right of yours in any way to call any body elses beliefs "crap", Im actually surprised at the moderators whom Im sure read this and allowed it to continue, I remember some members being put on moderation for this, however we let people like this come on a sikh forum and give us a bad name? I agree what if a Hindu (already has) came along and read this, I would leave my disclaimer stating that militant singh speaks for no one but himself.

147257[/snapback]

THE STATE OF WAR I REFER 2 IS THE WAR THAT WAS DECLARED AGIANST US IN 1984 ,we r @ war with the Indian state which is ruled by brahmnical forces bent on destroying sikhi,I dont see u questioning them and thier antiSIKh activities.........MANMOHAN SINGH - A SIKH- NICE JOKE unfortunatley it aint tru he is NOT a Sikh maybe Sikh by appearance and by legal documents but really he aint a tru sikh Would a tru Sikh of Guru Gobind Singh bow dwn 2 a hindu preist,idols,radhwswamis,wear tikkas,perform non sikh rituals whihc r agianst his beliefs NO HE wouldnt .FACT IS MANMOHAM ''SINGH'' IS jus a puppet of the Indian Govt Sikhs have got no better since he was in power Panjab is still in the same state of slavery it was in 1984........Im Defending the Faith which u lot have 4gotten 2 defend - jus cos u lot live in peaceful times in the west does not mean Panjab is ''paradise'' u 4got we were in a state of war ?????????????????????Where have u been 4 the past 22yrs???????????????????????Sikhs decalred their aim of Khalistan in 1987 through Sarbat Khalsa....................im not beeing racist sayin kil hindus amI?? im jus stating facts that rituals mean nothing and r worthless .......................this is what i believe and i stand by it any1 ants 2 challenge me do so im telling the truth and will continue 2 do so i dont care if a hindu or anybody else 4 that matter reads my posts Iam not inciting racial hatered or anything else 4 that matter ....jus statin the views of the Next Generation of Sikhs ,and the Sikhs who know how thier religion is beeing eaten up 4rm within ....2day they wear tilaks nex dey gonna be wering jinoos The blind 1's who still dont get me god help u Im all 4 peace but in Defence of Religion 2 ..................I tottaly stand by all my posts and will continue 2 express the truth ,those who do not wish or dont want 2 believe the truth thats up 2 u - truth hurts thats y the indian govt has given sikhs no freedom of speech but Hindus can do whateva they like 2 mock our Gurus when i speak the truth about thier rituals the 1's who disagree with me label me a moorkh this that - ''hes lost the plot'' well jus take 1 lok @ urselves We the Sikhs who shook the British Empire when challenged r now getinn sukced in by Hinduism and thats FACT cos no1 seems 2 want 2 know the truth and is hiding 4rm it We the sikhs who fought agianst the moguals r now Slaves in an all Hindu dominated India If the tru sikhs of The Khalsa where still about in large numbas 2day maybe we woudnt be in a state of war and slavery - i STATE TRUTH AND STAND BY IT AND WILL CONTINU 2 EXPRESS THE TRUTH WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KE FATHE

Would a true Sikh of the Guru advocate the murder of a man for wearing a mark on his forehead? You shouldnt throw stones in a glass house brother, before you go out pointing who is and who isnt a Sikh you should take look at yourself and see if your following the tenets of Sikhi in daily life. Excuse me but what state of slavery is Punjab in? Last time I went I saw no one chained, I saw our people eating and happy, I heard no bullets flying, and most importantly I heard no cries of War. Its your delusion that we are being shackled in Punjab, when actually we hold very high Govermental power, compose a large part of the army, and have many succesful businesses. I dont really need a useless argument here, my main point was not to be childish and call other faith rituals "crap", its that simple and not hard to comprehend. Also could you use letters to write your posts it gets a little hard to read.

Fateh