Why Are These Sikhs Wearing Tiliks?

AussieSikh

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before any defends TILAKS... my benti would be please research the origin, meaning and significance of wearing the Tilak (i.e. red mark painting on the centre of the forehead).

If those people do that research, then they will release it has nothing to do with GURMAT (i.e. Guru Sahibs).

Sikhi believes:

Pooja Akaal Kee - Worshipping the Eternal God

Parchaa Shabad Ka - Understanding Gurbani

Deedar Khalse Da - Appreciating the Sikh Rehat

Sikhs DO NOT believe in "DEVTE DEVTIAN" and nor do Sikhs believe in rituals and practices associated to the reverence and worship of these mortals (who are claimed to be God).

Bhul chuk maaf.

We do not need to defend Tilak but anyone who changes our historical events should be challenged. There are so many Sikhs who are taking benefit from the emotions of Sikhs and try to show Sikhi in a islamic light. Sikhism is distinct from Islam as well as Hinduism. Baba Budha Ji, did use Tilak to appoint Sikh Gurus and there is no doubt in it.

Anyone who is denying our history, should look into it and see who brought this information.

Do you think following Sikh scholars were R.S.S agent?

Harbans Singh "The encyclopedia of Sikhism.

gurbilas Chhevin Patshahi. Patiala, 1970

Bhalla, Sarup Das, Mahima Prakash. Patiala, 1971

Padam, Piara Singh, and Gianl Garja Singh, eds.,Guru ban Sakhlari Patiala, 1986

These are the great scholars who brought history of this event. If we start denying all of history just because it doesn't suit our Sikhism in nutshell then our next generation will be in great confusion.

How are you going to describe to them that one should wear Kakkar?

How are you going to describe to them that we should do Nitnem?

How are you going to show them that Rehat Maryada is important part of Sikh life?

They will simply come to you and say that it is not written in Guru Granth Sahib, so he has right to deny it. All of your Gurbani references were quotes, out of context, which is great sin to do. Prove your point that in those paragraphs guru ji stating what you are trying to prove?

not wanting to spark a huge argument....but does the tilak represent the 3rd eye or the door to God...it is here we focus our attention...it must be something like that I guess.

The point is that number 1, we shouldnt be even thinking "death to them" because how do we know what they are like...they could be good honest Sikhs are we think ill of them...

If thats the case, why dont you feel like that for those who cut their beards and hair, surely thats a greater sin then sticking a little red stuff on your forehead.

And secondly, as I mentioned...if they are honest people, follow Sikhi and are Sikhi within and without, what does it matter if they wear any garb externaly...providing they follow the 5k's and follow Sikhi, there shoudnt be an issue.

It is our mind and maya that lead us to think like this sometimes...who cares about a little tilka and who cares that they are wearing it...

You ask yourself if you can confess to being and acting and following the Gurus ideals and teachings, and you ask yourself if you have NO KROHD (plus the other sins) in your life for anyone or anything...

If thats the case, you have nothing to wory about. If you have even one of the those vices in your life...then we should focus on changing OURSELVES and not worry about what other people (sikh or not-sikh) do in their lifes...thats for the Guru to decide.

Besides...and perhaps the key to this thread (and sorry if it makes the site dead!!)...

Where are the answers to life, the universe and everything????

Are they contained here? No, I dont think so. ALL you answers are within you, you just have to seek the teachings of the Gurus and you will find your answers.

The point....all your questions will ALWAYS be answered by the GuruJi and not by a forum or thread topic (but these forums do help!!!).

As "International Akali's" signature states:
Jab Lag Khalsa Rahe Niyara, Tab Lag Tej Diu Mein Sara,

Jab Eh Gahe Bipran Ki Reet, Mein Na Karo In Ki Parteet.

d_oh.gifVaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

146820[/snapback]

Those lines come from Sarb loh granth.

You may want to read discussion http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/discussion....33;OpenDocument

Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha, (the famous scholar who wrote the book "Hum Hindu Nahin") writes (see Mahan Kosh under the entry Sarabloh Granth)this about the authenticity of this book:(translation of original text in Punjabi)

"According to the researches of Pandit Tara Singh ji Sarabloh Granth is the composition of Bhai Sukha Singh who was the Granthi at Patna. He disclosed that he was given this Granth by an Avdhoot Udasi living in the bush in Jagannath and that he claimed it to be Guru Kalgidhar's composition.

We (Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha)however, are also not prepared to accept this to be the composition ot Dashmesh ji because it mentions within it a composition called "Roop Deep Bhasha Pingal". Roopdeep was composed in Sambat 1776 ( 1719 AD) and Guru Kalgidhar ji passed away in Sambat 1765 (1708 AD). And further if this Granth is from earlier than the Amrit Sanskar (1699 AD) then how could it mention the Prasang (narrative) of (cration of)Khalsa and that of passing Guruship to Granth and Panth. And if this Granth is from after the Amrit Sanskar then why (Guruji refer to himself as) Daas Gobind or Shah Gobind names?"

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

all penji's and bhaji's

I went to sachkand sri hazoor sahib last year and as far as this discussion on tilak goes - after the arti , they did do tilak on the sangat. Which means that there is nothing against wearing a tilak, in sikhism if guru ji did not want it happening (as evry1 knows guru ji is present there) it would have been stopped!

...IN NAWAN SHAHR (PUNJAB) THERE IS A GURUDWARA(TAHLI SAHIB) WHERE IS GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI AND GRANTHI DO THE ARTI OF HINDU...BECAUSE THAT GURUDWARA IS NAME OF GURU NANAK DEV JI'S SON(SRI CHAND JI)...

IF GURU GOBIND SINGH JI MAHARAJ HADNT WANT THIS TRADITION...MANY "SIKH" USE THIS PAKAHD, BUT THEY ARENT SIKH!!

4 ES. ONCE TIME BHAI TEJO SINGH HAVE DONE ARDAAS DEFRONT GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI THAT RAG MALA ISN'T GURUBANI OF GURU GRANTH SAHIB, IF THIS IS GURUBANI, I WANT THAT IN MY TANG KIRHE PEEN NAHITAAN KHALSA PANTH CANCEL THE RAGMALA IN GURUGRANTH SAHIB...

SO SANGAT JI RIGHT 8 DAY AGO HE HAD ACT(KORH) IN HIS TANG AND DIED FOR THIS...

GURUBANI DOESN'T SAY ABOUT TILK...AND OUR GURU: GURU GOBIND SINGH JI SAY WE DONT BELIEVE OF JAGAT REET...

TO BE A REHTI SIKH!!!

BHUL CHUK MAAF...

WJKK, WJKF!

Guest militant singh
THESE ''''''SIKHS'''''' SHOULD BE EXCOMMUNITCATED AND DEN EITHER SHOT OR GET BANGED UP KHALISTAN ZINDABADH DEATH2 TRAITORS AND INDIA FREEDOM 4 PANJAB NEVA 4GET 1984

146649[/snapback]

are you bloody insane mate?

you are quite a garam internet warrior wanna be khalistani! LOL.gifLOL.gif

146707[/snapback]

LOL JUS THE WAY IAM LOL KHALISTAN ZINDABADH take no crap

Guest militant singh
Its hilarious when these people are stumped they jump on the old blame it on the hindus wagon. Bro no one said anything about good luck your post was long but pointless, if someone wants me to wear it hey its not permanent washes off, its not going against my religion, its making them happy hell why not? haha go ahead turn it into your laws against sikhi thing, they keep piling up anyhow, tell me when you get to the its against sikhi to yawn to loud.

"THESE ''''''SIKHS'''''' SHOULD BE EXCOMMUNITCATED AND DEN EITHER SHOT OR GET BANGED UP KHALISTAN ZINDABADH DEATH2 TRAITORS AND INDIA FREEDOM 4 PANJAB NEVA 4GET 1984"

Your a moorakh

146708[/snapback]

Who u 2 judge me onli the almighty can do that ''ur a moorakh'' man @ least i stand up 4 da religion people like u jus use dialouge well dialouge hasnt wrked 4 21yrs since 1984 u wanna do call me that u do that but 1 day people like u wil c y people like me r like this,,,,,,dunno y u defending hindus and thier crappy rituals which r pointless im jus sayin whati think is right and what i think should be done 2 people like that the sikh quom is still asleep look slike it aint leanred 4rm what hindus have done 2 us and r contining 2 do OH WELL ul learn 1 day :T: :TH:

Guest militant singh
this one question to anyone :

What is the point of tilak??? what can it give and what you get from it???

146729[/snapback]

Tilak is a stupid hindu fing which should be tottal;y banned 4rm sikhism Anyway the GUrus prohibit stupid rituals like that dunno y sum idiotic sikhs still believe in stuff like that if they continue like this they r jus hindus believing in SIkhism much like da RSS hinduized dwn graded version of sikhi