Punjab Police Torture Brother Of Kcf (panjwar)

sarblohsingh2004

http://www.panthic.org/news/125/ARTICLE/2172/2006-01-15.html

Punjab Police Torture Brother of KCF (Panjwar)

Sunday 15th January, 2006

Panthic Weekly New Bureau

Taran Tarn, Punjab (KP) - Sarbjit Singh, the brother of Khalistan Commando Chief, Paramjit Singh Panjwar, was abducted and tortured by the Jhabal (Taran Tarn) Police on false charges last week.

While talking to reporters at his home, Sarbjit Singh, alleged that on January 9th, Police picked him up from his house initially on the pretext of taking him to the police station in connection with a passport inquiry, but upon arrival, the police immediately began to interrogate and torture him. The sixty-five year old Sarbjit Singh said he was tortured with electric shocks, heavy rollers and other inhumane methods.

According to Sarbjit Singh, the police wanted him to withdraw the cases filed in the Punjab High Court against them for the murder of his mother and brother. He stated that when he declined to retract those cases, the police began accusing him of printing counterfeit money, and receiving phone calls from his brother Paramjit Singh. He was then put through various methods of torture, including electric shocks, rolling heavy rollers on his legs, and being hung upside down, which resulted in the displacement of vertebrae. He also stated that the police also violated the sanctity of his Kesh (hair).

His son, Gurdev Singh, who was at home on military leave, also claimed that the police have been intimidating his father so he would retract the case filed in Punjab High court for murder of his mother and brother. The witness proceeding phase of the case is to begin on January 27th. The Khalsa Mission Committee chairman, Harmandip Singh charged this is all being done to intimidate witnesses who might testify against the police and to force Sarbjit Singh to withdraw his case.

Such heavy handed tactics of the police are not uncommon in Punjab. Amnesty International and other human rights groups have reported extensively on the gross human rights violations being committed by the police and armed forces in Punjab.

Editors can be reached at editors@panthic.org

post-1364-1137593462.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, where are the "moderates" now? What happended to "Punjab is a better place now". Same old story man. Even now, when there is no kharkoo(militant) activity in Punjab, 65 year old men like this are tortured like animals...this is so backwards man. I don't care how much IT(information technology) stuff india has these days, it is still the most backwards country in the world.

these tyrants just give us a khalistan wake-up call everyday. Everytime we get a little moderate these fools boil our blood. Eventually the boiling will simmer over.....

they were brought to america on ships from africa, their homeland is africa. Punjab is our homeland. it's convenient for you to be ignorant when you want to be. Blacks were being beaten in south africa when gandhi was there so what made indians want their own homeland? i bet the british said what you said to indians right?

you were pretty offended by people mocking the sikhs wearing a tilak on their heads but when your people are tortured your pretty understanding. typical.

Guest militant singh
wow, where are the "moderates" now?  What happended to "Punjab is a better place now".  Same old story man.  Even now, when there is no kharkoo(militant) activity in Punjab, 65 year old men like this are tortured like animals...this is so backwards man.  I don't care how much IT(information technology) stuff india has these days, it is still the most backwards country in the world.

these tyrants just give us a khalistan wake-up call everyday.  Everytime we get a little moderate these fools boil our blood.  Eventually the boiling will simmer over.....

147366[/snapback]

yh 'lost soul' and da ovas where u lot now dis is da state of panjab torture and hell i stand by all my remarks

they were brought to america on ships from africa, their homeland is africa.  Punjab is our homeland.  it's convenient for you to be ignorant when you want to be.  Blacks were being beaten in south africa when gandhi was there so what made indians want their own homeland?  i bet the british said what you said to indians right?

you were pretty offended by people mocking the sikhs wearing a tilak on their heads but when your people are tortured your pretty understanding.  typical.

147432[/snapback]

Punjab is the homeland of Hindus, Muslims, Christians as well as Sikhs. India was colonized by british Punjab was not. The need for Khalistan in not there simply because one man was tortured, that is a issue that should be taken to the courts, not a legitimate cause for secession. The only thing Im against is fanaticisim, which is the only thing that seems to come out of your mouth, typical.

wow, where are the "moderates" now?  What happended to "Punjab is a better place now".  Same old story man.  Even now, when there is no kharkoo(militant) activity in Punjab, 65 year old men like this are tortured like animals...this is so backwards man.  I don't care how much IT(information technology) stuff india has these days, it is still the most backwards country in the world.

these tyrants just give us a khalistan wake-up call everyday.  Everytime we get a little moderate these fools boil our blood.  Eventually the boiling will simmer over.....

147366[/snapback]

yh 'lost soul' and da ovas where u lot now dis is da state of panjab torture and hell i stand by all my remarks

147514[/snapback]

What??

"The need for Khalistan in not there simply because one man was tortured, that is a issue that should be taken to the courts, not a legitimate cause for secession."

one man! wow dude you live in a cave or something, try over 50,000 political prisoners still in jails without trilas from 1984, over 30,000 mass cremations, jaswant singh khalra proved over 5,000 just in amritsar district...the number is over 200,000. Man, why are you so blind to what is going on? Is it becuase you choose to be because it is more convenient for you?