Singhs At Clubs And Bars

Guest MS

ok. how many of us eat out??? yeah alot of us. the places we go and eat out at serve meat and alcohol. do we stop going there? we should do but how many of us will do. talking about jhoot...we will eat at resturants...someone earlier may have had a meat pizza from there...isn't that jhoot singh_sandhu? im not saying its right or we should go to clubs and bars etc. but if we are talking about jhoot and whatever else then we should stop eating out. how much sucham is there in making ur pizza or whatever else??

ok. how many of us eat out??? yeah alot of us. the places we go and eat out at serve meat and alcohol. do we stop going there? we should do but how many of us will do. talking about jhoot...we will eat at resturants...someone earlier may have had a meat pizza from there...isn't that jhoot singh_sandhu? im not saying its right or we should go to clubs and bars etc. but if we are talking about jhoot and whatever else then we should stop eating out. how much sucham is there in making ur pizza or whatever else??

148930[/snapback]

each to their own

i thought the phrase was 'to each their own' tongue.gif

hehe..

but yes bhenji is right above... i don't think it is an issue with jooth... i think i's jus more the issue of the surrounding environment.. i.e... the smoke.. the drugs.. the alcohol... the whole negative vibe..

but yeh.... i guess it jus comes down to the person... personally i would say tha's not THE best environment for sum1 (especially a Sikh) to be in... as one of the other posts mentioned... we are representing Sikhi wherever we go... i guess jus be smart bout wherever ur going and think twice...

i haven't gone clubbing since i took amrit... but i HAVE been to parties where there was meat and alcohol being served.. i guess its sort of the same thing... the environment is sumwhat diff... but i's the same concept really (i think)... so yah... i guess to each their own..

148930[/snapback]

each to their own

148940[/snapback]

veer ji... a Khalsa should NOT be going to pubs or clubs. If you have a good enough reason like yeh, going to do parchaar or something thats positively productive, then fair enough, Maharaaj and yourself know ure true intentions.

But if its to go mingle, pull, get bladdered, dance n let ure hair down.. then Bani is against this and if you want i can provide quotes backing each one of them points up from Bani and rehatnama.

Why go to places like that? U wanna inhale peoples filthy smoke? Be around people who arent even control of their senses, intoxicated to the brim? People whos intentions may be to pull and lustly dance with members of opposite sex (depending on the bar ure in)?

There are people who make excuses to go to places like uni bars such as the Student Union - its wrong. Unfortunately, "Gursikhs" i know used to go to SU. Some still do. And theres no condoning it. They used to go chorhi chorhi but some people used to come to me n say "are amrit dhaaris allowed to go SU?" id say "nah, because of the drink, smoke, paagalpana that goes on there" n theyll be like "so why was so n so kaur there then?" -- how embarrassing is that.

End of the day - theres no need to go into places like that. Its all negative chi and you can do without it. Have pyaar for ure Guru. Devote ure free to time to his charan and His praises. That will be of use to u - not chillin in some pub or club somewhere.

Forgive my mistakes.

148930[/snapback]

penji with all due respect many of us don't eat out and are very careful about what and from whom we purchase our food.

Whats the need of going to restaurants...unless you assist in making the food??.....make your english or panjabi meals at home...and when you go Gurudwara Sahib Guru ji's wonderful langar has always been there....yummmy!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

well, why don't we take this question in the other direction?

instead of asking "Why shouldn't Sikhs go into places such as these?" we should be asking "Why would Sikhs go into places such as these?"

AND

now another thing...asking "Why shouldn't Sikhs go into places such as these?" is different than asking "Why shouldn't people go into places such as these?"

because being a sikh means you have made promises to our Guru ji.

and honestly, i sometimes laugh at things like this.

do you really think that our Guru jis would be happy if a sikh goes into a place such as these? what good things will you gain from going? would Guru ji like it if we go into places like these?

ask yourself questions about this kind of thing and you will get the answers. this isnt complicated stuff...its just wrong for a Gursikh to being do this.

and since you mentioned "SINGH" then of course its wrong.

but if you didn't have the saroop that Guru wants Sikhs to have, then it doesn't matter because you haven't sacrificed things and you haven't really made such big commitments that you would have while taking Amrit.

and when you take Amrit, you promise things to Guru ji and yourself.

so if you're gonna go do something wrong for Sikhs to do, what more can ome say?

where there are drugs and stuff....my God.............

Guru has told us to be with good sangat who KNOWS that what they're doing is correct. if they dont know then why bother?

BIN BHAAGAA(N) SAT SANGAT NA LABAI. BIN SANGAT MAL PAREEJAI JEE-OH

Without finding (being with) good sangat, youre full of dirt.

i that translation is wrong, please correct me.

the rest is up to you. dont follow these kinds of people. let them do whatever they want. they know theyre wrong so let them suffer in the end.

i hope that i didnt hurt anyone in any way.

peace...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.