Self Esteem

Guest S M

Sat Sri Akal:

self-esteem

n 1: a feeling of pride in yourself [syn: self-pride] 2: the quality of being worthy of esteem or respect; "it was beneath his dignity to cheat"; "showed his true dignity when under pressure" [syn: dignity, self-respect, self-regard

Sikh does not need self-esteem. Sikh needs Guru esteem. A Sikh keeps the discipline, the ideal and the focus on the path of Gurmat and lets that define his/her actions. The standards are much higher than any personal standard. In the mind of a Sikh, the question should always be, "Is what I am doing correct in the eyes of the Guru...am I betraying my history and traditions by my actions"? Thus, a Sikh dares not do anything which is bad in the eyes of the Guru. Self-esteem does not enter the equation for a Sikh, as the Sikh has surrendered the self along with his/her head to the Guru upon receiving Amrit. Therefore, without the head of the self, only the head of the Guru is left, which can only contemplate Gurmat, or the Guru's way. The manmat, or the way of the self, ceases to exist.

This is the ideal that a Sikh strives for. That is why Sikhi is not an instantaneous transformation for most (there are those rare souls that the Almighty has blessed), but rather an evolution to this step. It may take years or lifetimes, but that is the goal.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

we all need self esteem singh

u jus gta b careful that it dnt turn into hankar

2 keep ones dignity and self respect is a must, but dnt get it confused wid pride.

We need to have self-esteem for sure!

Ego has to be kept in check!

Must be pround because we are children of Guru Ji and belong only to Akaal!

This might get us ego sometimes but we need to control it!

Ego comes at the start when we truly get on the Path of Guru. We get ego but then slowly we learn to keep it in check as ego doesn't get us anything!

Self-esteem is a must!