Christianity

Guest grandcannon

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fatehhh

christians believe in hell and heaven .. but what i found out .. is that for them hell is not the burning hell .. it is to be in the grave .. that's what ministries told me .. i thought it was something else ??.. also i would llike to know .. jews, muslims and christians share one book .. which is called oldtestament .. so christians follow the laws of moses .. and listen to what old testament says .. so why they kill jews ???? isn't that kind of wierd .. and jesus never said anything about adam and eve .. i mean nothing such saying from jesus in the new testament .. so christians consider moses as what .. they are listening to him also ?? and if a woman is born of man's rib .. i never get the answer of this .. if woman is born of man's rib .. then her body shouldn't be of "earth water, fire, sky and air" and if woman's body is made of man's rib .. then is it not possible that the man who is born of woman's also made of rib .. i mean .. what you expect from sin .. sin right ??? so what you expect from rib ... rib ?? right

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grandcannon

WJK WJKF

In Christianity, Heaven and Hell are not clearly defined. Are only descriptions of them are symbolic. all we know is that Hell is bad and Heaven is good. But I don't know how it is 'to be in the grave.' Christians both do and do not follow the law of Moses. The law of Moses stated that there would be a messiah that God would send. When he came, he would undo the current law and create a new 'testament' with God. According to the bible, Christians are really just true Jews. Does that make sense? The systematic murder of Jews was out of fear and racism, Jesus was a Jew and so where almost all of his major followers, so real christians, and most modern christians, are not in anyway anti-semitic. As to your question about women being made of 'earth, water, fire, sky, and air," I don't know exactly what you're talking about. Where is that quote from? I don't really understand your question about Adam's rib and sin. Can you please clarify?

Grandcannon

WJK WJKF

Hey everyone, when I looked at people response to Rajs statement and such, I kinda got the impression that some people have some questions about Christianity. I don't want to seem arrogant, but as I've said before I live in a very bible centered Christian family my whole life, and due to that I know alot about Christianity and such. I am new to sikhism, but am very excited about and am not considering going back to Christianity, but I think I could really help everybody if they had questions. So if anyone has any questions about Christianity, please respond to htis post and I'll do my best to answer your questions!

Grandcannon

149719[/snapback]

can i know waht's the rools of Bible's??? ...i mean commands

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

WJK WJKF

Yeah, that is kinda confusing. I think the answer to your question is: in the Jewish religion before Jesus, when a person sinned, they where declared "unclean." The way a person "cleaned" themselves was by making some sort of blood sacrifice to God. Every sin had a certain type of sacrifice which was required. When Jesus, who was God's very son, was allowed by God to be sacrificed on the cross, he was making the sacrifice for all future sins, so everyone didn't have to give blood for each of there sins, Jesus gave all the blood neccessary for everyone. One of the most "powerful" sacrifices was a lamb, and it came up quite often in Jewish mythology ( eg. Cain and Abel), so he was called "The Lamb of God," because it was as though God was making a sacrifice for everyone. Does that answer your question?

Grandcannon

Thanks for taking your time out to tell me this, its answered my question. :TH:

Superaju Here are the 10 commandments... (learnt them in skool but forgot them so i copied n pasted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandme...e_first_tablets

The ten statements

"I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt..." - This commandment is to believe in the existence of God.

"You shall have no other gods besides Me...Do not make a sculpted image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."

"You shall not swear falsely by the name of the Lord..." - This commandment is to never take the name of God in a vain oath. In Exodus, the text reads "in a vain oath" (לא תשא את שם ה' לשוא), while in Deuteronomy it reads "in a false oath" (לא תשא שם ה' לשקר).

"Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy" (the version in Deuteronomy mentions "Keep" rather than "Remember")

"Honor your father and your mother..." - This commandment is a development when compared to other laws of the Ancient East (for example, the Code of Hammurabi) that do not call for equal respect of the father and the mother.

"You shall not murder" - The Hebrew Bible makes a distinction between murdering and killing (see Jewish interpretation below).

"You shall not commit adultery"

"You shall not steal" (sometimes interpreted as kidnapping, since there are other injunctions against stealing property in the Bible).

"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"

"You shall not covet your neighbor's house..." (in Exodus, the text reads "... neighbor's house, ... neighbor's wife, nor his manservant..." etc. while in Deuteronomy, "thy neighbor's wife, ... thy neighbor's house, his field" etc.)

By the way this is Jewish interpretation... however the commandments are the same as the Christianitys.

Guest grandcannon

WJK WJKF

According to the bible, the Earth is about 6000 years old. If you add up the numbers as they are given in the bible, which they are, Jesus was born about 4,000 years after the creation of the Earth. And that means, for the mathematically challenged of you, that the earth is about 6000 years old from a Biblical standpoint. In the Bible, Eve, the first woman, was created from Adams rib. While this doesn't make her neccesarily 'inferior' to man, if you look at 1 timothy 2:12, you see that the bible clearly views women as inferior. As to the question about the Amazonian man in 0 bc, this is one of the most hotly debated topics in Christianity, with a large number of people on both side. Most people would probably say he would not go to Hell, but it would be very close. And WGJKWGJKF, the ten commandments, while still very important to christians, is in many ways undone by Jesus. For the best simple 'christian law,' read Matthew 5, the so called 'Sermon on the Mount.' That pretty much somes it up. But thanks for the compliments, I'm really glad to help!

Grandcannon

what i meant .. is i don't understand .. if a woman is made of man's rib .. then how it is possible for the woman's body to be made of those five elements [earth,fire,water,air and..] and if woman gives birth to man .. how is it possible for that baby to have those five element as well .. u know what i mean .. does bible really say that earth is flat ??

what i meant .. is i don't understand .. if a woman is made of man's rib .. then how it is possible for the woman's body to be made of those five elements [earth,fire,water,air and..] and if woman gives birth to man .. how is it possible for that baby to have those five element as well .. u know what i mean .. does bible really say that earth is flat ??

149838[/snapback]

Sevak ji,

How many elements is the rib made out of? If the body (including the rib) is made of 5 elements then anything that is made out of the rib is made out of 5 elements as well no?