Christianity

Guest grandcannon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

WJK WJKF

No problem WGKJWGJKF, glad to help! And, if anyone is wondering about the relationship between the flat-earth movement and the bible, I have another link here about that. WGJKWGJKF, you go to a Christian college? Does your relationship with Sikhism ever cause problems? If anyone has any other questions about christianity, I'ld love to answer them!

Grandcannon

Yup, i go to a Christian college, nope my relationship with Sikhism doesnt cause no problems, its quite the opposite, Sikhi makes me more tolerant of other faiths. Also it makes me a better Sikh as a the tenth prophet told us to read other Granths of other faiths to understand the people of them faiths more and that will avoid me prejudicing ppl of other faiths.

By the way my hair is cut- since i was born, but thats because my family arnt strict Sikhs (they do go to the Gurdwara etc but they just arnt baptised or anything like that), but God willing i really want to grow my hair and become baptised one day. But everyone knows im a Sikh in college though (but most of them thought i was a Muslim before i told them... lol i was getting questioned about Eid).

There are a number of Sikhs there, with turbans (well patka- to cover there long hair- since most of them are young and dont were turbins- since its a secondry skool aswell)

why does bible include old testament [which is written by either moses or his followers] .. if christians only follow jesus ???

Jesus Christ said that he hasnt came to destroy the law of the prophets but to fullfill them:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Guest grandcannon

WJK WJKF

Thanks WGJKWGJKF, your exactly right, Jesus and christianity are actually Jewish. Technically, all christians are Jews, because Jesus simply created a new testament with God, he did not abolish Judaism. Christians don't just follow Jesus, they follow all of what God told them to do! The verse you where talking about is Matthew 5:17, which you can look at here.

Grandcannon

Guest grandcannon

WJK WJKF

I'm sorry sevak, I totally forgot to answer your post!lol Well, you see, the parts of the Bible that where written after Jesus where all written by people who met and followed Jesus. They are either accounts of Jesus's life and travels, or elaboration and commentary on his teachings. As to the trinity, while some early Christians denied the trinity it is clearly stated in the Bible. Look at, for example John 4:30, which establishes the spirit as god, and John 10:30, which esatablishes Jesus as God. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask, I'll try not to ignore you!lol

Grandcannon

in this 21 centrury .. does women have started speaking in church .. ? cuz bible says not to speak .. ?

why christians don't do circusim [skin of infants] if they follow old testament as well ?

i didn't understand the part john 4:30 and john 10:30 is it denying or saying that there is trinity ?

you said ** Christians don't just follow Jesus, they follow all of what God told them to do**

you mean to say "all of what god told them to do" also include oldtestament ???

.. then why jews and muslims and christians fight ??

couple days ago a christian came to me at work .. catholic .. and she said to me that i have read all what to do and what not to do of christians , jews and muslims they are all same .. but they keep on fight .. well loll i didn't say but wanted to do .. that you just read what to do and what not do .. but have you read old testament it is all about killing and jelous god and old testament .. which tell to kill jews or curse them ..

Guest grandcannon

WJK WJKF

In some, in fact most christian groups, women are allowed to speak and be pastors, which is clearly prohibited by the Bible. As to circumcision, in 1 Corinthians 7:17-20, the rite of circumcision is removed. the conflict been the various Abrahamic faiths are mainly because they disagree on several issues: what prophets where truly spoken to by God, what versions of the scriptures are reliable, and what attitudes should be shown to believers and non-believers. And the bible never says anything about killing or cursing Jews or anyone.

Grandcannon

Guest grandcannon

WJK WJKF

I'm sorry ttookar, you're right, my verse's didn't make anysense. I gave the wrong verses by accident! John 1:1 says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." In this case, 'The Word' means Jesus. Titus 2:13 says, "Looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus." In John 8:58, Jesus says "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" Jesus answered their questions by saying “I am.” (Ego eimi in Greek.) Ego eimi is not a translation of YHWH, but it is similar to our translating YHWH into “I AM” in English. This choice of words was not lost on the Jewish audience He was talking to! They immediately wanted to kill Jesus for blasphemy. That is, the Jews believed that by comparing Himself to God in that way, that Jesus deserved death. They clearly understood the implication Jesus was making—that He was the same as God. In Acts 5:3-4 the Holy Spirit is called God, "But Peter said, 'Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit?...You have not lied to men, but to God.'" In 1 Corinthians 3:16, it says "Don’t you know you are God’s temple and that the Holy Spirit lives in you?" Sorry I gave the wrong verses!

Grandcannon

does these verses means that trinity is in new testament ??

so that verses of mathew that you posted here where it is said that jesus came to fullfill the laws not to abolish .. means that he also agrees with killing and cursing .. and everything in old testament ?

if he came to fulfil the law then y he abolish the cirucism??

and here is the verses agains jews

Christian Scriptures against Jews:

Jesus said to them [i.e., the "Jews"], "You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? He who is of God hears the words of God; the reason why you do not hear them is you are not of God." (John 8:44-47)

You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so do you. Which of the prophets did not your fathers persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered, you who received the law as delivered by angels and did not keep it. (Acts 7:51-53)

Behold, I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie -- behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet, and learn that I have loved you. (Revelation 2:9)....

"Over the course of time, Christians began to accept... that the Jewish people as a whole were responsible for killing Jesus. According to this interpretation, both the Jews present at Jesus’ death and the Jewish people collectively and for all time, have committed the sin of deicide, or God-killing. For 1900 years of Christian-Jewish history, the charge of deicide has led to hatred, violence against and murder of Jews in Europe and America."

Origin of the Yellow Star:

The Fourth Lateran Council in 1215 was the first to proclaim the requirement for Jews to wear something that distinguished them as Jews. It could be a colored piece of cloth in the shape of a star or circle or square, a hat (Judenhut), or a robe. In many localities, members of the medieval society wore badges to distinguish their social status. Some badges (such as guild members) were prestigious, while others ostracized outcasts such as lepers, reformed heretics and prostitutes....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Semitism...e_New_Testament

The Protestant opinion was no different. Martin Luther quotes:

Quote:

Therefore be on your guard against the Jews, knowing that wherever they have their synagogues, nothing is found but a den of devils in which sheer self­glory, conceit, lies, blasphemy, and defaming of God and men are practiced most maliciously and veheming his eyes on them....

...Christ and his word can hardly be recognized because of the great vermin of human ordinances. However, let this suffice for the time being on their lies against doctrine or faith....Alas, it cannot be anything but the terrible wrath of God which permits anyone to sink into such abysmal, devilish, hellish, insane baseness, envy, and arrogance. If I were to avenge myself on the devil himself I should be unable to wish him such evil and misfortune as God's wrath inflicts on the Jews...

...but then eject them forever from this country. For, as we have heard, God's anger with them is so intense that gentle mercy will only tend to make them worse and worse, while sharp mercy will reform them but little. Therefore, in any case, away with them!

However, we must avoid confirming them in their wanton lying, slandering, cursing, and defaming. Nor dare we make ourselves partners in their devilish ranting and raving by shielding and protecting them, by giving them food, drink, and shelter...

First to set fire to their synagogues or schools and to bury and cover with dirt whatever will not burn, so that no man will ever again see a stone or cinder of them. This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians, and do not condone or knowingly tolerate such public lying, cursing, and blaspheming of his Son and of his Christians...

First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss in sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire. That would demonstrate to God our serious resolve and be evidence to all the world that it was in ignorance that we tolerated such houses, in which the Jews have reviled God, our dear Creator and Father, and his Son most shamefully up till now but that we have now given them their due reward...

Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed. For they pursue in them the same aims as in their synagogues. Instead they might be lodged under a roof or in a barn, like the gypsies. This will bring home to them that they are not masters in our country, as they boast....

Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them...

From Luther's Works, Volume 47: The Christian in Society IV, (Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1971). pp 268­293

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsourc...er_on_Jews.html

and when you say that christians are real jews .. is that your way of thinking .. or christians do really think this way ??

Did Martin Luther King say that? I thought he was a peace activivist or something like that?!, i cant remember what he done, but i thought he was a good person, i think he was included in college assembly as a great Christian weeks ago (if ive remembered correctly).

Grandcannon ive got another question for you brother.

I know that Christians are ment to worship on the sabath on saturday, as per the Christian scriptures, but im curious to know how did the Christians started worshipping on a sundays instead?

Did Martin Luther King say that? I thought he was a peace activivist or something like that?!, i cant remember what he done, but i thought he was a good person, i think he was included in college assembly as a great Christian weeks ago (if ive remembered correctly).

That is not Martin Luther King the American civil rights leader - this is referring to Martin Luther, the German theologian who broke with the Catholic Church and helped to found the Protestant Christian faith.