Christianity

Guest grandcannon

Guest grandcannon

WJK WJKF

Yes, the Trinity is in the New Testament. And yes, Jesus without a doubt agreed with the evil actions of the Judaic God. He never condemned God for those actions, and did not in anyway disagree with the Old Testament. Jesus did not abolish circumcision, Paul did. Jesus himself was circumcised. As to those verses against Judaism, I believe you misunderstand what they are saying. The Jews in those verses are the Jews who rejected Jesus, not all the Jews. Jesus was a Jew, and all the writers of the Bible where Jews. And no, Martin Luther King never said that, he meant Martin Luther, one of the most influential theologians in Christianity. Martin Luther King was named after him, and was a famous fighter for black rights in America in the 1960's. I didn't say Christians are the real Jews, I said Christians are really, as in actually, Jews. This is not just my way of thinking, most informed Christians also believe this, and it is clearly supported by the Bible. And WGJKWGJKF, Christians where told to meet on the first day of the week, not Saturday. Look at Acts 20:7, or 1 Corinthians 16:2. Also, according to the Bible, Jesus rose on Sunday, and the Early Christians all met on this day. Does that answer all your questions?

Grandcannon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i jus wonderinn bout one thing

one of the main cores of chrisitainty is tha jesus was the messaih tha was predicted to come

but he did not even match up witht he propecies of the messaih given

:)

i mean isnt tha y they call him CHRIST, there saviour and messaih

http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/jews-jesus/j...esus-index.html

so i dunt understand haha ifu cud answer

bhula chuka maf

grandcannon .. you said that they are those jews who rejected .. jesus .. but to my knowladge .. no jews take jesus as their messiah or father .. so to my knowladge .. every jews .. he is reffering too .. and also on the other hand of the coin .. if no one take jesus as messiah then he would say those harsh things to others ..

Guest grandcannon

WJK WJKF

Well you see Gupt Daasan Daas, Christians interpret those prophesies differently than Jews do. But you're right, a lot of the prophesies really were not fulfilled by Jesus. And tkkookar, Jews did accept Jesus. Before Jesus's death, pretty much all of Jesus's followers where Jewish. Christianity started out as a sect inside of Judaism, and technically still is. So when he spoke to the Jews there, he meants the Jews who where not part of his sect.

Grandcannon

Shall we focus on sikhi more than on other religions ? are we got more pakkay in sikhi that we decided to find more about other religion... Whether its the point of our general knowledge or whether its just us being curious about other religion, first of our main focus should be to pakay sikh bano pehalan fir doojeeyan deh history khaoojoo.. sorry if i offend anyone but having two or four topics on this is just too much?? isn't it ?

so bible is mix of some teachings of jesus and many different authors .. who wrote the bible after 100 years after the death of jesus .. how did they write i mean .. did they collect some teachings of jesus and added rest from their own mind .. or what .. ??

150053[/snapback]

correct me if i am wrong but ya like the authors wrote after Jesus died and if you read the bible you will find that their versions of events differ, like they had specific audiences they were targetting, like Luke wrote for Gentiles (non Jews) so he would write indicating Jesus was universal and stuff whereby Matthew was specifically targetting Jews i.e. to show Jesus was the long awaited Messiah and stuff so he would write specifically with Jews in mind also if you read Matthew at the beginning he links Jesus to Abraham to show Jesus was the son of David and in turn the son of Abraham. If you want further information I recommend reading the history behind the different gospel writers - its very interesting!

but i also think S1ingh is right in sayin "our main focus should be to pakay sikh bano pehalan fir doojeeyan deh history khaoojoo.. " blush.gif

Shall we focus on sikhi more than on other religions ? are we got more pakkay in sikhi that we decided to find more about other religion... Whether its the point of our general knowledge or whether its just us being curious about other religion, first of our main focus should be to pakay sikh bano pehalan fir doojeeyan deh history khaoojoo.. sorry if i offend anyone but having two or four topics on this is just too much?? isn't it ?

150635[/snapback]

Altough I agree with you, I still disagree with you :)

Guru Sahib did not tell us to learn things only from Gurdwarey or katha vachics.

I've got Jehava's witnesses knocking on my door to enlighten my about the greatness of God and jesus - which is great, because in that sense, I feel, I'm going Sangat and discussing the greatness of Akal, rather than just limiting myself to anything. This way it ensures that Daas actaully THINKS about what Guru Sahib is telling me. I've had some of them come and talk, and they tell me how merciful God is, when I question why God is revenging in Old testament, I can compare that to the greatness of SIKHI where Maharaj tells us, too mera pita too hai mera mata... I think we can learn a lot from Christians especially.. But yes I agree pellay Sikhi 'ch Pakkey hoye, in order to ensure that e're nto lured to believe what other say, blidnly and thus abandoning a diamond :@ But I still think as a parallel we shoudl still be reading what other people have to teach, as we are Sikhs of the Guru, but do not mind learning from others either <_<

Let's not - not study other scriptures - let's do both at the same time - in order to learn to tolerate each other as human beings we need to learn to understand what other people believe feel, and where they come from when they discuss. It is essential for world peace that we human beigns understand each other, and to do that we need to learn where we're coming From. Don't you agree S1ngh? Are you not the one stressing inter-faith events? :umm:

Bhull chukk maaf

Guest grandcannon

WJKK WJKF

Well s1ngh, I have to agree with Lion King. While I agree that everyone should have there main focus on Sikhi, I also think it is important for people and society in general to learn about other religions. It can be hard for a sikh be effective in defending there religion if they do not understand others. I also saw lots of people making incorect comments about christianity, and that is both detremental to those people and offensive to Christianity. I think that because we live in a world where such a large percent of people are christian, it is important to know what they believe.

And Anjaan, your right in that most of the parts of the New Testament where written to a specific audience, they didn't really contradict themselves and contain virtually the same materials.

Grandcannon