3d Sikh Warriors

Udham

Sat Sri Akal ji!

First of all let me introduce myself ..i am a 3d Artist .24yr old. having a passion for animation . Apart from that i've got the spiritual values in inheritence. It was few days back when i saw Sahibzaade movie .. an Idea clicked my mind , why not to create a movie like that in 3d . I believe everybody understand what i mean by 3d ..the quality ..the Shrek , Incredibles or Realistc Jurassic Park look alike..

AS the production cost is much higher in 3d so i only want to do some trailer sort of Animation to show the companies my capability...i believe somebody will invest pray.gif ..

To start with I'll make characters of our Great warrior heros like Hari Singh Nalua,

Banda Singh Bahadar or Baba Deep Singh ..

for this i want the help from community in finding the resources and reference pictures.

I 'll post my work in progress ...

Please give me any other suggestions if you like ..

And believe me the quality of Animation will match the highest standard in Animatiion industry.

:)

WJKK WJKF

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats great to hear UDHAM

I am also a 3d artist, i have been working on 3d sikh animations for about 5 years now. i setup a website many years ago called sikhiart and then sarbloh warriors, which was probably the only 3d sikh website on the net.

a lot of this has been development and training, and we are very close to producing an animation now.

A 3d animation is a long and hard process as you know, so building up to that we are developing a computer game based on sikh history from the 17th century.

we are Also working on a 3d animation. It would be great to for you to get in touch, i havent met many sikh 3d artists, and i have been posting bout sikh 3d animations fro past 7-8 years and you will get loads of encouragement but very few people who can help. Companies wont be of much help because its not commercially viable for them to create a sikh animation or game, beleive me i've tried. you can try and get funding from sikhs but even then they are reluctant to support such projects. there are many arts funding available depending on where you live, and they are willign to support ethnic minority media projects liek animations. I can get you more info if you want.

the support we get from the Sikh youth is amazing though, they can't wait to see this stuff, and tell you truth i can't wait to see it myself, ever since i was young i have been waiting for the comic books, cartoons, games that would remind me of sikh warriors and inspire me make me proud to be sikh, but nothing !, so i just thought F*** it , if noones guna do it then im just guna do it myself.

I definately think it is the way to go and is the future for us to communicate with the youth. We desperately need modern types of media to attract youth interest. Im glad theres more youth learning and using 3d technologies.

and I look forward to seeing your work.

Taran

taran0@yahoo.com

Glad to hear you Taran ,

Yes , you are right this is the best way to encourage the youth .

It's great that you are making a game on Sikh History :T: ,Can you show your work as the websites you mentioned are down .... I am interested in this..May i help in some way or the other ...

Please give your msn /yahoo id ..

Any suggestions from other..

WJKK WJKF

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for my bad English .

SIKHIART ZINDABAAD...

thats great to hear UDHAM

I am also a 3d artist, i have been working on 3d sikh animations for about 5 years now. i setup a website many years ago called sikhiart and then sarbloh warriors, which was probably the only 3d sikh website on the net.

a lot of this has been development and training, and we are very close to producing an animation now.

A 3d animation is a long and hard process as you know, so building up to that we are developing a computer game based on sikh history from the 17th century.

we are Also working on a 3d animation. It would be great to for you to get in touch, i havent met many sikh 3d artists, and i have been posting bout sikh 3d animations fro past 7-8 years and you will get loads of encouragement but very few people who can help. Companies wont be of much help because its not commercially viable for them to create a sikh animation or game, beleive me i've tried. you can try and get funding from sikhs but even then they are reluctant to support such projects. there are many arts funding available depending on where you live, and they are willign to support ethnic minority media projects liek animations. I can get you more info if you want.

the support we get from the Sikh youth is amazing though, they can't wait to see this stuff, and tell you truth i can't wait to see it myself, ever since i was young i have been waiting for the comic books, cartoons, games that would remind me of sikh warriors and inspire me make me proud to be sikh, but nothing !, so i just thought F*** it , if noones guna do it then im just guna do it myself.

I definately think it is the way to go and is the future for us to communicate with the youth. We desperately need modern types of media to attract youth interest. Im glad theres more youth learning and using 3d technologies.

and I look forward to seeing your work.

Taran

taran0@yahoo.com

149894[/snapback]

udham i have sent u a private message with my yahoo and msn id

so get in touch.

the old sites are down at the moment as we are working on a new one.

we are looking for people at the moment, but unfortunately we don't have the time to train people up, as we are so busy working on various projects.

If you can display a proficiency in modelling, texturing, animation, concept art or level design then we have some places to be filled. We all work voluntarily and give from our free time.

A few of our team are not even sikhs but gorey friends of mine in the industry.

my old portfolio is here

www.bmagdns.co.uk/taran

this doesnt most of the sikhi stuff on it as its my old work portfolio

...but post some of your work on the forum ........

woudl love to see your stuff....

Taran

Hi Guys I am not any 3d artist but u guys were talking abt sources of pictures.

I have just come from Delhi. There I visited G:Bangla sahib. In the Musuem/Ajaib ghar of the Gurudwara There IS REAL BLACK & WHITE PHOTOGRAPH OF S.HARI SINGH NALUA AND MAHARAJA RANJIT SINGH.

I know i told this info b4 also in another thread. but the pic which i was talking abt in Hazur is the pic taken of the pic and is not that clear.

But the Picture placed in G:Bangla Sahib's museum is Real size and crystal clear !

Taran- I'll get in touch with you .. I have 3-4 years experience in 3d Ind. My Expertise is in Modeling and Texturing but can do most of the tasks well. So i'll not need training..

In year2003 we had a team which won the best Animation award in 24FPS compettion held by Maya Academy.

Apart from that some of my old work is mh1 channel's Animation which had Jati , Jat and a Matka with MH1 LOgo.. you might've seen this..

Will show you more also ...

MajhelSoorma- thanks for the info..do u have any digital copy of that

Quest4Akal- Funds depends on the Duration and Quality of Animation. If You're Interested we can figure it out . Also Please suggest any topic.

WJKK WJKF

Taran- I'll get in touch with you .. I have 3-4 years experience in 3d Ind. My Expertise is in Modeling and Texturing but can do most of the tasks well. So i'll not need training..

In year2003 we had a team which won the best Animation award in 24FPS compettion held by Maya Academy.

Apart from that some of my old work is mh1 channel's Animation which had Jati , Jat and a Matka with MH1 LOgo.. you might've seen this..

Will show you more also ...

MajhelSoorma- thanks for the info..do u have any digital copy of that

Quest4Akal- Funds depends on the Duration and Quality of Animation. If You're Interested we can figure it out . Also Please suggest any topic.

WJKK WJKF