Shes Going Out With A Goth

Guest k

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk with her seriously once. Do not shout or anything, just calmly explain it to her. If she decides she oesn't want to - let her.

Just as a child not listening to his parents will have to put his hand in the fire before understanding what burning is - the same way she will have to learn it the hard way...

give her an ultimatum

the goth or your gursikhi jeevan

no-one has the right to challange someone else's Gursikhi jeevan.

tell her to take of her dastar if she wants to this kinda stuff

[/quote

And that's going to help in what way?

Should we tell her to remove her identity so that there's not one single trace of her true identity - so that she never comes back?

Good options presented!

A very nice post posted above -

I suggest that you do not tell her parents b/c she is going to hate you... and most likely never talk to you again. Talk to her about it in a serious manner rather than yelling and do it with alone girl time. Also, bring other friends involved, the guy friends are also good and other girl friends. Try to go to the issue more that what she is doing wrong to what could potentially happen to her if she continues. She most likely knows what she is doing, she is not stupid. Tell her do you really see yourself with him in the next couple of years? As a committed sikh, do you think he will respect you as a sikh and possibly become a sikh. How old is she by the way? She sounds like a teenager just experimenting, but I could be wrong. We all learn from our mistakes and god forgives us. Try not being so harsh and bring it to a mature level. Best thing as a friend is try to support her through hard times, mabye she is rebelling in her own right, maybe its something else she is bugged with. Ask her if she is okay, ask her if school is okay, if the family is okay. I know its odd, but I know once i did something that was so out of sikhi, only to rebel secretly to my parents always telling me what to do, and what is right... now i always know i did that to rebel, in the end i realised i was not a good thing to do and also rebelling was a bad excuse. But at the time I was younger, less wiser, less knowledgeable. Also get to know the guy... maybe he is actually a cool guy. I don't know but all i know is what you are doing now is just bickering, and personally if it was me i would just keep on doing it just because you hate it....

sorry if i offended anyone!

worth reading!

VJKK VJKF

Clearly, whatever you're going to say, it’s not going to get through to the gyal.

I suggest you try and talk to the goth grim reaper.

It's already been said before that they have no future. I’ll be straight with you as well; they have nothing together - unless she wants to be the next runaway bride.

But in the end it's her life, and if she wants to be stupid she'll pay for it. I've seen and had a hell of alotta mates who have been in similar situations like this and I’m sure you all have to.

To be honest this time I am not sorry for whats said.

"Every action has a reaction"

Also what Herra Singh said:

as you sow.. so shall you reap...

hi again.

I talked to her, but she is not paying atention to me. I am scared that her parents will find out, because I will not be able to help her, because they might not let her go anywhere. The thing that I can do is wait.

I am really happy that you, sangat, told me suggestions.

goodbye.

hi again.

I talked to her, but she is not paying atention to me. I am scared that her parents will find out, because I will not be able to help her, because they might not let her go anywhere. The thing that I can do is wait.

I am really happy that you, sangat, told me suggestions.

goodbye.

i used to be a goth

well i mean i used to dress like one - that's the only thing i liked haha

well for that reason i am not going to log in and reveal my identiy haha

mmmm anyways nothing to do with the thread yes i know

:lol:

He is white...

150190[/snapback]

A rather odd comment that never needed to be mentioned in the first place.

Anyways, i think the best course of action would be too see if he could at least go to one visit at the local gurdwara. Have you actually presented or at least mention the sikhi religion to him?