Religous Reason For Khalistan?

I am doing a paper in my religious class, which is about sikhisim on " Is there a need for khalistan?"

Now, this paper would be really easy for me if it was based on a population study or even a poli sci class, but being a religious class it makes it quite the subject, i know why, but i can't quote bani for this.

So my question 2 sangat is...if they can give quotes from bani along with the aangs and granths or ne sort of historical quote or arguement for self raj for the panth that would be greatly appreciated. Aand also i was looking for links to RSS trying to absorb sikhi and dissolute it..that could also be used.

GKD

THNX.

Considering Sikhs as a people cannot feel safe in India, and that Sikh identity is drowing and being swallowed by extremist hindu organisations such as Arya Samaj, and RSS working fulltime on trying to peneterate through Sikh oragnisations, and give them a bad name, and make SIkhs seems like hindus (Guru Nanak Dev ji % Rakhri photos, The Gurus in the cow photos, etc)

Read more about that in Bijla Singh's articles on panthic.org

go panthic.org and search "bijla" in the serch field, and you'll get like 10 articles on Hindu influence (not way too long)

Also read this article (although a bit hateful against Hindus - so just be abit careful)

http://www.searchsikhism.com/khalistan.html

has some valueble information.

Bhull chukk maaf

Whats wrong with the RSS ?

Its all coming out now that the Sant Samaj and other so called "Panthic" Jathebandis etc had no problems meeting and holding discussions with them. The now claim they were trying to get Sikh youth released from prisons. The truth is no Sikh youth were released. They say this was down to Badal. Well what about the Sikh held in Jodhpur jail and other states. They were not released.

You may say they only held discussions. But would we hold discussion with the naraqtharis ?

One who does not frighten anyone, and who is not afraid of anyone else

- says Nanak Sahib, listen, mind: call him spiritually wise. ||16|| (SGGS 1427) [slok Mahala Nauva]

In other words, although we're not meant to oppress others, we're not meant to accept being oppressed either..

Admin Note - Only provide information. If this topic turns into a debate which have been discussed before then it will be closed. Those who disagree with Khalistan please stay out of it.

Gurbani is a universal message not a set of instructions for Sikhs to get Raaj. Gurbani clearly does not oppose the idea of a separate country. For your religious paper you might want to start with Akal Takhat Sahib and explain its importance and significance in Sikhi. Explain little bit of Sikh history in politics such as Baba Banda Singh Ji's Raj, Bhai Shabeg Singh Ji, Nawab Kapoor Singh Ji, Misls and then Maharaja Ranjeet Singh Ji. These examples clearly show that the idea of a Raaj has always been there in Sikh history and is not a relatively post 84 thing as many people believe. Compare Sikh rights in British empire and Hindu empire. This will prove that our many rights were taken away that we enjoyed in BE. In India explain Punjabi Suba, 1978, 84 etc. Explain Sikhs in Indian constitution. This is a lot and it all depends on how long your essay will be but you can take some ideas and leave some out.

If your focus is only on religion then talk about religious rights of Sikhs according to indian constitution and focus on 78 and 84. Then talk about religious persecution of Sikh youth in Punjab. There are many panktees you can find from Gurbani to support Khalistan. Keep in mind that although "Khalistan" is not mentioned in Gurbani but fighting for your rights, honor, dignity and protection is very well supported. This is your essay so you do the research. If you need any help or need some information you can always contact me. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh