Adi / Dasam Granth Sahib

raju123

dear brothers/sisters,

Adi Granth Sahib / dasam Granth Sahib

whats the difference and why have we got two granths?

i really do not know and i am LOST.... :lol: @ grin.gif

please help.. pray.gif

love and peace to all..

Adi Granth Sahib = the first Granth Sahib, which Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave Gurgaddi to.

Dasam Granth Sahib = collection of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's writings, and revered as equal to Guru Granth Sahib by some Sikhs, whereas others claim it to contain false info...

its a big debate...lets not turn this thread into a debate.

Adi Granth Sahib = the first Granth Sahib, which Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave Gurgaddi to.

Dasam Granth Sahib = collection of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's writings, and revered as equal to Guru Granth Sahib by some Sikhs, whereas others claim it to contain false info...

its a big debate...lets not turn this thread into a debate.

151742[/snapback]

I think the issue has not been raised to initiate a debate and it may be due to sheer curisity to gaincertain insight into the topic. i would like to say some thingwith this persumption in mind,

Ad Granth or Sri Guru Granth Sahib which is known as our eternal perfect guru, has been compiled by GuruArjan dev Sahib and it contains banis of Gurus some Bhagatsd, Bhatts and even some Gursikhs ( I am not giving details) Guru Gobindsingh Sahib added the bani ofguru Tegh bhadur sahib at Damdama Sahib, Talwandi Sabo and gave guru Gaddi to Guru Granth Sahib at Nanded, thus ending the human linear form of Gurus.

But it must also be known to one and all that Guru Sahib, spent about 4 to 5 years at Paonta Sahib atthe bank of Yamuna and also had 52 poets and writers of high stature in his Darbar. Bani of immense value was written over here and was compiled into a big granth known as Vidya Dhar. It contained bani of his own and the selected bani of his court poets.Ironically it so happened that leaving anandpur sahib after the IV wear of Anandpur Sahib, thy had to cross the swoollen Sirsa an din the process there was a much lossof men and ammunition the vast literature was also lost in the inundated river in the darknness of night.

Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh in coordination with Maata Sunder Kaur and mata Sahib Kaur - our revered mothers - wives of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib -who lived and guided the destiny of Khals Panth For about Forty Years after Guru Dasmesh lleft this motal world - compiled the granth and nmed it 'Dasam Patshah Ka Granth, which ws later renamed as Dasam granth.

There is some conflicting of opinion in the Panth about the genuinness or authenticity of the compositionsincluded in it. I think that controversy is not in the domain of this post.

JAGJIT SINGH

AUTHOR : THESIKH TREE

o11 2526 7500 9873462856

Dasam_Granth_Punjabi.doc

crayzy ji

and all, thanks,

i was reading some info on sikhs and they mentioned the two granths and the life of me i did not know the difference.

looking at the response, i would go for the adi granth sahib because the other one would have had a chance to be doctored. i dont mean to offend any one by that commet, just my personal view.

love and peace to all.......... :lol: