The Youth Agenda

Guest lowest of the low singhni

Guest lowest of the low singhni

This post was written by Bhai Jagjit Singh. It's good. Read it. :lol:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji kefateh

Pyare jio, This is an article I wrote a few years ago for a youth camp. I came across it again, as someone discussed it with me. I have put this up because it seems just as relevant now.

The Youth Agenda

Useful Points for All Gursikhs to Remember and Think about!

True Inspiration is to become an inspiration yourself. In every action that one does, it is immersed in Truth. In every word that one speaks, it is drenched in Pyar. In every thing that one hears, it is accepted with humility. In every thing that one sees, you see through the eyes of our beloved Guru Maharaj. In every hair of our body is the essence of Naam. In such a person, the blessings of Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji will shine out. Then the person no longer remains a person, but a Khalsa, an inspiration to all.

The youth of today has so many blessings bestowed on it by Guru Maharaj Ji. But here are some useful points for some of us to remember.

1. All youth should be Panthic, realising the beauty of the Guru Khalsa Panth. Whenever the Panth goes through difficulties, they should be ever ready to give the necessary “Kurbani”.

2. All youth should dress in Bana, including keski, realising that they are at all times representing our father, Sahib Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

3. All youth have a responsibility to humanity to spread the Bani of Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. They must realise that it is their responsibility to do parchaar. Every sikh should be a missionary.

4. Every sikh youth should develop their mystical nature via Gurbani, Seva & Naam. They should not be content with a jeevan devoid of spirituality.

5. Every singh/singhni should always be doing a sehaj path, thus ensuring that they are always close to their Guru, and always developing a deeper understanding of Gurmat. This also essential for anyone wishing to develop a jeevan based on abyass.

6. Every singh/singhni should have knowledge of Gurmat philosophy, Sahib Siri Granth Sahib Ji, Sahib Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji`s bani, Bhai Gurdas ji`s Varan, and the writings of Bhai Nand Lal ji.

7. Every Gursikh should do seva for the Panth, and should be involved in projects which are of Panthic value.

8. Every singh/singhni should dress in Gursikhi attire, and refrain from wearing clothing which would induce lustful thoughts.

9. Focus should be placed on ensuring that you enjoy a consistent, and illuminating Amrit vela. A strong Amrit vela routine is the cornerstone of any Abyassi Gurskhi Jeevan.

10. All youth should actively promote the virtues of Gurmat at school, college, university, local town and Gurdwara levels.

11. All youth should aim to be free from predjudice and be open to others within the Panth and humanity.

12. All youth should be teaching in a Niskam fashion the virtues with which Guru Ji himself has blessed them with. Whether this is Paath, keertan, tabla, lecturing, gatkha, or any other type of sewa.

13. All Gursikhs should realise that Gurmat and Gurbani are not a philosophy to be discussed, but a lifestyle to be lived.

14. All Gursikhs should do Joorian de seva (seva of shoes) before they enter the Darbar sahib. Thus aiding their ego to be humble in the Presence of Guru Maharaj.

15. All Gursikhs should help in all Panthic causes, from parchaar, to human rights, to social welfare.

16. All youth should do whatever seva is required to help the establishment of a separate sikh state, where the khalsa and the khalsa institutions can be free from Brahmin oppression.

17. All youth should educate the sangat away from Brahmanism in any form, such as caste, idol worship and blind faith.

18. All youth should study and do abyass of Gurbani. Refrain from following sants and personalities, whether alive or dead. Realise the beauty of the Everliving & Complete Mahapursh, Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

19. All youth should be humble, but confident in their approach to seva. They must be capable of doing any seva which Guru Ji blesses them with. Therefore they should know Paath, keertan, tabla seva, katha, gatkha, langar de seva, joorian de seva, and enough drirtha (conviction) for shaheedi. However, while doing seva, remembering at all times, Waheguru, and appreciating the essence of Guru Ji`s Charan, and the seva of the sangat`s joorian.

20. All youth should give their daswandh to panthic causes.

21. All youth should have a consistent and deep knowledge of Gurbani and Guru Kian Sakhain (History of the Ten Guru`s).

There are some people on this earth who dream of reaching Sackhand. Then there are others who wake up everyday at Amritvela, devote many hours to singing his glory. They work hard at their jeevans, spiritually and worldly, attaining each step at a time. They attain True Wealth in their Gristi Jeevan, and Atmak Jeevan. It is they who reach sachkhand. Are you content with just being a dreamer, or do you want physical realisation. That is the question we should ask ourselves everyday.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji kefateh

Very good post by jagjit singh,

just don't agree with double standards of author on this point though:

All youth should study and do abyass of Gurbani. Refrain from following sants and personalities, whether alive or dead. Realise the beauty of the Everliving & Complete Mahapursh, Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

I like to see him first, negating/destroying "influence" of ideology, teachings, sakhiya's, stories of his jatha and jatha leader- bhai sahib randhir singh ji on his personal life first then preach others.

sorry to be blunt on this but had to point it out.

Now here comes denail from author,- blah blah yak yak , oh please save the <mod edited> for someone who buys it.

Oh my god, some people man...

He's not saying follow me, I'm your savior, I will get you mukti like some sants/deh-dhari gurus (namdharis) say, these are all facts presented to us, to live our lives @ a high level we take amrit, do our amritvela, keep strict rehat, and have a goal in our life, only then can we grow love/discipline/understanding of Guruji and Akaal purkh.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, namstang, thank you for reminding why I rarely even bother visiting sikhsangat anymore. I also notice not only are you still full of bitterness, despite claiming to be a nirmalla, but your language has not improved either. This is on 4 forums, but only this has silly comments after it. Veer ji, a nirmalla is nirmal, i.e. free from hatred of anyone, so please look at yourself before saying double standards.

If you have something specific you wish to debate, then do so. I have always debated with you, and often found that you are left wanting. But if you are just going to be childish, then thatis your karams.

I could have posted it on sikhsangat myself like I did on other forums. But I just feel sikhsangt is ruined by completely immature people with no real interest in sharing Gurmat or truth, (namstang being one). I have nothing against the mods or people who run it, it is just sillyness here that ruins it.

To the other veer, this is not my agenda, I follow my Guru. So as I am a follower of his agenda. But it is like a checklist for all people to look at and see what they have, and what else they could learn. It is there to inspire people to learn and experince more, and strivefor more, and not be content with our current state of sikhi.

I stand by what I have written. I never follow any personality no matter how great. I follow just the Gurbani. We do sangat of Gursikhs and learn virtues from them, but we only follow Gurbani.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

P.s. As gursikhs , we are here to bring positive change in the world. This is a huge task. But at least be positive yourselves first.