Guru's Big Toe

raju123

Charnamrit was the baptismal water prepared by dipping the Guru’s cleaned and washed big toe of right foot in clean water kept in a vessel

i want to know whats this about...............

Charnamrit was the baptismal water prepared by dipping the Guru’s cleaned and washed big toe of right foot in clean water kept in a vessel

i want to know whats this about...............

151866[/snapback]

Although I am not taware of the detailed composition of chranamrit, yet as the literal meaning of the word implies,it is the perserved and resultant water after washing the foot /feet of the Sant/Guru concerned.Keeping in view the Indian system of religions particulrly Hindusim this was the practice in Sikhism too, upto Guru Gobind Singh Sahib. It was Guru Dasmesh himself who before introducing Khande De Pahul orAmrit stopped this practice. He got his feet washed , and buried the water after digging some land beneath it. Thereafter the practice was totally banned. This version I have obtained from Principal Satbir Singh's book 'Purakh Bhagwant' in Punjabi. If required I can give the exact citation as well.

JAGJIT SINGH

AUTHOR : THE SIKH TREE

011 25 26 7500 9873462856

thanks for your reply.

for a while i really thought that some hindu had wrote this, sticking a big toe....

i am glad that we dont follow this pratice any more. :lol:

try explainging that to the new generation. :cool: @

This topic was discussed before. Please perform a search next time.

The only amrit in Sikhi is khande batte da amrit, you cannot obtain amrit through anything else, we have to look at our own jeevans, and how we can get that same amrit, it can only be gotten from the PUNJ PYARE. There's no real ceremony in Sikhi about charan amrit, even Bhai Gurdas ji doesn't talk about it in his writings.