Converting To Sikhism

catsagdn

dblp

153073[/snapback]

http://www.mrsikhnet.com/2005_06_01_gmustuk_archive.html

153202[/snapback]

man those wetsern sikhs look so chardi kala! it kind of makes a person tear up, seeing the beautiful saroop of guru sahib. wow, i don't care what yoga stuff they do, these guys/gals rock!! man, they are truly blessed...can't praise them enough.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a sikh of guru nanak dev je has to wear a turban and not cut any of there hair on there body, so ya keep ure beard if u gonna become sikh

and hopefully and most likley u will be accepted by other sikhs or by punjabees, but even if not, it is guru nanak dev je who were gonna try to please

it wont matter if they accept u or not, guru je will

but they prob will:)

bhula chuka maf

well u really not converting to anything new.cos everyone is born in the world as a sikh.u just blossoming into that for which u were made.sikhi is not a religion you acquire or convert to.its the natural order and will of god fer all.time is up fer the rest.G.Nanak didnt come to this world to start just another religion,thats boring.or to ve 50 million or 2 billion followers.no,HE IS COME TO SAVE THE WHOLE OF THE UNIVERSE.KAL TARAN GUR NANAK AIYA.sikhi is a force slowly unleashing itself unto the entire universe.and wen it reaches momentum every religion u see tuday wil just like a mighty tsunami be melted n carried into sikhi cos RAJ KAREGA KHALSA.there is no lie in that statement.you are just the next guy that has been 'hit' by the tsunami of sikhi.lets stop preaching to this guy wat sikhi is or is not.lets let out a loud shout of jaikara cos he just being struck by the invading cosmic wave sweeping through the cosmos right now,MY SWEET PRECIOUS SIKHI.

152845[/snapback]

lets be clear.sikhi is not a formula ,cos sikhi is a force,THE force of the universe.we who are sikhs have yet to comprehend the far reaching effects of sikhi on the entire universe.wat we have experienced of sikhi in the past is perhaps just a slight foreshadow of the mighty power of this force that is just beginning to unfold itself into something the world has never experienced b4.sikhi is far greater than  a few struggles against the moghuls,english or hindus.sikhi is far greater than a mere religion in the keep of a couple of tribes of humans.sikhi is far too potent to be contained within a certain set of rituals and formulas.nothing has been,can,will ever be able to stand in the way of the infectous ,mighty ,spreading influence of sikhi.sikhi is not about a mere change in lifestyle or about conformism to a new set of morals or dos n donts.sikhi is about GURU and KHALSA  the eternal bond of cosmic ecstatic love affair between both.gods beauty and potency manifesting as guru and gods force of perfection taking the form of khalsa,bowing and kissing eternally the feet of the former,and yet mystically the same in essence(khalsa mero roop hai khas).khalsa is the heartbeat  of the guru(meri jaan ki jaan).khalsa is far beyond militancy,discipline,or lifestyle.khalsa has manifested itself as gods supreme pleasure.(pragtio khalsa permatam ki mauj).khalsa is the virtual cosmic sword of akal purukh.khalsa is the power,beauty,love,light,life incarnate  of GURU GOBIND SINGH in whose one strand of hair exist millions of universes.khalsa is the  melodious enchanting,enrapturing voice incarnate of the highest grace of god,eternal immortal GURU GRANTH SAHIB to whom the whole of creation bows.and khalsa  survives on,thrives and flourishes on the immortalising energising enlivening godliquid of the universe amrit.as bhai nand lal puts it,fer no other purpose are we born and for no other purpose we want to survive.

153026[/snapback]

d_oh.gifd_oh.gif

nice posts cavanagh!!!

:lol: :cool: :cool:

WJKK. WJKF.

Chardi Kala man welcome to Sikhi. Don't worry about what anyone says. There is a Shabad from Gurbani don't know the author though.

'Teri Bhagat na choodu bave log hase'

I won't leave Your worshiop no mattar how much people laugh at me.

Guru ji has really blessed you for you to think this way don't change your mind no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...
I am a white man harboring a desire to become a sikh my question is will I have to wear a beard and turban if I become a sikh and will I be accepted by the punjabi community as a sikh?

Devon

152752[/snapback]

Don't worry about being accepted by the Indian Sikhs. A Sikh is a disciple, not an ethnicity; Guruji would not turn down a seeker just because of a trivial thing like skin color. Just keep walking with God and Guru, and tend to the spirit, which is the part of a person that matters most. Acceptance will come on its own, and if it doesn't it is not your problem. Guruji accepts you!

Blessed be,

Polska

Sikh first, American next, White last

• 2 weeks later...

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh,

I'm one of those folks who "converted" to Sikh 35 years ago. My son is 6 years old and born Sikh. He has his complete form of kesh, a joora, does mata techna to only SGGS Ji, and will only sit for langar after doing seva even after all the grownups are done. He said to me yesterday "Papa, we can't escape death, it is always with us." He said recently in response to hearing of a premature deah od a friend's father, "Live, Die, Live, Die, but your Soul lives forever, right." He loves the sword and when he is worried about the dark chants forcefully, "Sat Nam Sat Nam Ji Wahe Guru Wahe Guru Ji" as he scurries about.

I was brought up in a home where God was a daily reality, my motehr had deep faith, never spoke a harsh word to anyone nor harbored a harsh thought. (No, really! Ask anyone who knew her.) My father left me a quote after his death, "Never hesitate to come to the aid of the unfortunate for fear of ingratitude." He spent his life fearlessly with courage even in the face of cruel torture by the Nazi's in WWII.

I went through the '60's believing one person could make a difference and that united people could triumph over corruption and ego.

When I was introduced to Sikhi by, yes, Yogi Harbhajan Singh, I know I had returned home in this life.

Mention my name in the Sikh community in the Midwest or to Hazuri Ragis who have met me and you will never hear that I am anything more than a Gursikh.

The Punajbi community took nearly 6 years to accept my authentic devotion to the Guru ( I always refer to the ONLY Guru, Satguru SSGS Ji as the Jot of Guru Nanak through Guru Gobind Singh).

I find that if you believe in the teachings of SGGS start acting them. If you are willing to offer your head, which is what Guru Nanak asked for and Guru Gobind Singh demanded, then start today. It will take a while for you to tie a good turban. Just keep up. Practice makes purpose.

I'd love to continue, but for now my son must go to bed and I am householder as prescribed by Rehit Maryada.

Love to all peace to all life to all.