Bad Attitude

Guest nameless

Guest nameless

My parents tell me that i have a really bad attitude and mouth off a lot...even though I don't think i do. I almost think they're tha ones that have the problem, not me...

...what do I do.........?

We at times do feel that the problem is with the other and not me and it is difficult to accept our own shortcomings. But be concious of what you speak, and when you say it. Do not let the mind control your tounge at will.

If it is not you, instead you feel that your parents are the problem, then ask yourself why would they point this out to you? Do they have something against you? What is their intention? Why is it that they are the only ones that see this problem? Ask yourself these questions with Honesty if you wish to correct this misunderstanding or problem.

If you find that it is indeed it is you who is at fault then make steps to correct the issues. Meditate, do Simran/jap, do Yoga, Pray........ Be concoiuos of what you speak, be aware of what comes out of your mouth, be aware of your emotions taking over. Be AWARE!!!!!

My parents tell me that i have a really bad attitude and mouth off a lot...even though I don't think i do. I almost think they're tha ones that have the problem, not me...

...what do I do.........?

153361[/snapback]

:lol: It's so easy to find faults in other people, isn't it? You know what I've realized personally, with my relationship with my parents? There's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge generation gap. This gap is WIDE, let me tell you. Some of the jokes we tell, the clothes we wear, the words we use, the things we do....it doesn't flow with parents. They might not understand it, or might take it the wrong way. Of course their reaction is to tell you that you have a bad attitude, and that you should change.

What do you do? Well, you can't rebel back at them, that'd just be proving their point. I would say you should be a little bit careful around them. Do you really mouth off in front of them? Because if you do, that you should stop...it is rude to use abseen language in front of parents - especially brown parents. And also tell them that next time they see you doing something rude or having bad attitude, to TELL you...that way it'd give you a chance to explain your ways.

mmm does that help? bhul chuk maaf jeeo d_oh.gif

fateh :cool:

Good advice Sahiba, I was gonna say the same thing about the generation gap, like when I joke with my parents they're like :lol: @ and I'm like LOL.gif

Or when they pronounce something that doesn't even sound like english, like almoonium (aluminum)

But, for your situation, I think you shouldn't use certain words that in our generation we think is ok but in their translation might seem offensive, so a careful choice of vocabulary is always good.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use