Havent Got A Clue! :o)

Guest natural disasters

OR

you could sit her down and have a nice long bonding session, maybe bring up the concept of Kalyug....mention the four stages....

1. SatYug - Age of Truth - (Golden Age)

2. TretaYug - truth was 3/4 full - (Silver age)

3. Doar Yug - truth was 1/2 - (copper age)

4. Kalyug - 1/4 truth - Steel age (dark Age)

might wanna get some coffee....

Seriously tho, you gotta also explain to her that there COULD BE WORSE things than tidel waves. I mean, has the world blown up? Is everyone choking of pollution? Is the entire population on this earth living in poverty?

Make her see the positive things of life. How there are organizations like the UN, Greenpeace, World Wildlife trying to help out the world. How there are countries pooling in their sources to help care for less fortunate nations. How people, everyday, take time away from their work and family and travel halfway around the world to another country to help those citizens in need.

Make her see that with all the suffering she's noticing, there's also beauty and compassion. It's all God.

And also, if you want to throw this in there, we've just entered the Aquarian Age. It's a transition time that if successful will be characterised by globalization, universality, and the dignity of the human being......not her negativity.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

How does suffering require there to be no God? Our problems are small in comparison to the universe... what is a couple of hurricanes within 4.5 Billion years of our planet? or the Trillions of years from when God made the universe? or the Zillions of years from all the universes that God has made?

God is with us at every step, positive or negative, its his hukam. We are just too small, too self centered to see the "grand scheme" of things. Like a single cell which does not realize the greatness of the human body it may be a part of and plays a role in, we cannot realize what possible role such events have on the universe.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

In satyug, it was all truth?

153735[/snapback]

Mmmm...good question. I always thought of Satyug as all truth because it was the era was where truth prevailed. It was called Heaven, and Treta was called Semi-Heaven. There were no fights or wars in Satyug, in fact, the people living in that period were of 16 Celestial degree of Purity (100%). The Epics like Ramayan and Mahabharat had never taken place and even Christians, 3000 years before Christ, believed there was Heaven.

In the Satyug, Treta and DuapurYug, people lived for lacks of years but never had the need to construct palaces or temples.

The Hindu religion tells us that in Satyug, Sri Krishna and Sri Radha became Sri Narayan and Sri Lakshmi. They ruled the Kingdom. In Treta, it was Sri Rama and Sri Sita. After the period of Sri Krishna and Sri Rama, Islam, Sikhism, and other religions were established by Prophet Ibrahim, Christ, Sanyas by Adi Sankarachariar, Guru Nanak, Buddha, Prophet Mohammed.

In Satyug and Treta Yug, Children were born by the power of Yoga - not by Lust.(Even in todays world, there are scientific evidence that children can be born without indulging in Lust)

Kaliyug is the ocean of ignorance. People worship stones, others worship graves, some recite magical formulas and practice spells and charms. Hypocrisy is practiced at large. Different religious practices have cropped up. Some are worshipping moon, sun and others earth and sky. Others propitiate air, water and fire to appease Yama the God of Death. The entire public is immersed in delusions. The learning point from all of this is that Guru Nanak Dev Jee, Guru Angad Dev Ji, and Guru Amardas Jee were brought to us in Kalyug simply because it is a brutal time period. And that is why they tell us to recite Naam. So that we may be able to save ourselves.

But, I'm not an expert or anything. All that I've said is what i've read, heard, and learned about. I also think i'm hyjacking a thread here..lol, my apologies.

But it'd be a good topic to discuss. It's pretty cool stuff....

Dont belive in god.....

Guroo sahib says experince god. meditate and experience god for your self not live on borrowed hope, etc

Sikhi is a way of life. Now for copy and past of my bro :lol:

FOUR TYPES OF SIKHS

There are four types of Sikhs. To illustrate this point, let's use the example of a fire.

1/ The first type of person knows through his or her FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE that by putting one's hand in the fire, it will burn. So they experience the heat of the fire and learnt that it would do them harm. This is like the first type of Sikh - one whose Sikhi is based on EXPERIENCE of the Guru (Gurbani) and Simran.

2/ The second type of person knows that fire will burn their hand, because of another's experience. Therefore, person 2 BELIEVES in person 1, and on the basis of this BELIEF he or she keeps away from fire. This is like the second type of Sikh - one whose Sikhi is based on BELIEF in what they have been told about Guru Sahib and Sikhi.

3/ The third type of person does knows fire is dangerous and not to touch it because person 2 told them that person 1 had experienced the fire. Therefore, person 3 has BLIND FAITH in person 2, and basis his BELIEF on someone else's belief. This is like the third type of Sikh - one whose Sikhi is based on BLIND-FAITH and they plod along and follow Sikhi because so and so told so and so, and this got passed down.

4/ The fourth type of person does not go near fire, not knowing why and thinks its a tradition of the ancestors not to touch fire. Therefore, person 4 follows BLIND-RITUALISM. Not going near fire becomes a RITUAL with no meaning or understand. This is like the fourth type of Sikh - one whose Sikhi is based on BLIND-RITUALISM and they do things, e.g. Matha Tekh, read Paath, or go the Gurdwara NOT KNOWING "WHY" and carry out these acts because their ancestors and previous generations did this.

In each and every heart, the Lord, the Lord of the forest, is permeating and pervading. In the water, on the land, and in the sky, He is pervading but hidden; through the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, He is revealed

SORAT’H, FIRST MEHL:

You, God, are the Giver of gifts, the Lord of perfect understanding; I am a mere beggar at Your Door. What should I beg for? Nothing remains permanent; O Lord, please, bless me with Your Beloved Name. || 1 || In each and every heart, the Lord, the Lord of the forest, is permeating and pervading. In the water, on the land, and in the sky, He is pervading but hidden; through the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, He is revealed. || Pause || In this world, in the nether regions of the underworld, and in the Akaashic Ethers, the Guru, the True Guru, has shown me the Lord; He has showered me with His Mercy. He is the unborn Lord God; He is, and shall ever be. Deep within your heart, behold Him, the Destroyer of ego. || 2 || This wretched world is caught in birth and death; in the love of duality, it has forgotten devotional worship of the Lord. Meeting the True Guru, the Guru’s Teachings are obtained; the faithless cynic loses the game of life. || 3 || Breaking my bonds, the True Guru has set me free, and I shall not be cast into the womb of reincarnation again. O Nanak, the jewel of spiritual wisdom shines forth, and the Lord, the Formless Lord, dwells within my mind. || 4 || 8 ||

Experience god...