Do Sikhs Believe In Angels & Devil?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

randip can you expalin how you came to the conclusion that the references to heavens is "metaphoric"?

lets not super-impose our own opinions on thing we don't accept.

and where are you coming up with this dimension stuff from?

155300[/snapback]

The closest representation I have seen to what the Sri Guru Granth Sahib states as different realms of existence are different dimensions. I don't hold with the view that they are heaven or hell in the biblicle sense. That too me would be a cop out. The Guru's refer to God as Akal Poorakh = Beyond, Space and Time.......i.e. beyond the realms of those dimensions. For something to exist beyond that is just incredible.....and for the Guru's to describe God as that is just incredible and a revelation. :lol:

There are other refrences in the Guru Granth Sahib ji that refers to existence coming from nothing......sounds very similar to theories surrounding the big bang. I was in a study group with some Sikh physicists a while ago and some of the refrences in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji to the Universe and its make up are only being realise now by the scientific community. For me the world is just catching up with what Guru's knew and understood.

With regard to metaphors....in the scientific community sometimes we say "Oh look at the heavens above".....when gazing at the stars. That does not mean we are gazing at heaven in the Christian sense, but gazing at the stars. Have I made myself clearer. I also think when reading the Sri Guru Granth Sahib it is important to get an idea of the context in which Guru ji is talking.........one line or a few words quoted of ten take the entire paragraph out of context.

WJKK WJKF

I don't know if that's true. Are you sure you're not confusing that with pareeism?

Grandcannon

155370[/snapback]

Well, I got a few Christian friends and thats how they explained the Angels to me. One of them studied to be a Minister, but after getting his doctorate he switched to Buddism... LOL.gif

Sorry I shouldn't laugh but he makes me laugh when he tells me.