Being Harrassed By A Giani

Guest Kaur !

Guest --experienced--

You are beter off telling your parents asap.

My friend had the same problem.. Everyone else found out before her parents. It had been ONE WHOLE YEAR since he first started harrasing the girl. During which, he's managed to meet her up in the park, he's had his hands on her and he's forced his lips on her. He even once tried to strip her!

Anyway, Giani got chucked out of the Gurdwara Sahib. The girl is now at home. She studying in college, but for no reason; She not allwed to go to University. She will get mrried to someone in India next year. She is only 17.

So, dont wait til your life is ruined.. take action NOW. I've adviced her, she didn;t listen to me.

Apparently my ways of sorting things out wouldn't work (ie: beating the **** out of him) A singh stopped me an advised the girl to catch the giani inthe act.

This all happened LAST WEEK.

What I'm trying to say: DONT WAIT FOR TIME TO HEAL IT, GURU GOBIND SINGH JI DIDN't WAIT FOR TIME TO GET RID THE INJUSTICES.

Vaheguru.

Well i think telling someone you know and trust about this situation is a must. A lot of people have already adviced you on that. Here is another thing you can try

Keep a mobile phone with you and if that Giyani Follows you pretend to be on the phone. Stop and look at him and then talk into the phone as if you were talking about him. That ought to scare him.

But i still think you must tell your parents.

if ur lookin to tell ur parents.. then do it like this...sit ur parents down with the company of some people that u are tite with... sum1 suggested couzinz.. it would be good if u had male couzinz that could 'spy' on him... if not then u can get female friends or (male friends if ur parents aren't iffy bout u havin male friends) to spy on him... let them know the situation... tell them how uncomfortable and scared u feel... tell em what he's doin.... being indian parents they MITE end up blaming it on you and all that nonsense.. 'cause tha's how indian people are... hopefully they won't.. i know tha's one reason gurlz don't tell their parents anything 'cause the parents usually blame the gurl...

if ur NOT lookin to tell ur parents jus yet.. let some of ur couzinz (guyz/gurlz) know about it.. also if u have some singhs as friends let them know... i'm not sure if getting the committe involved will help wit the situation... many times committee's turn a blind eye... but then again u also have situations where they help wit the matter.. so tha's really ur call.. do u trust the committee enuff for them to do something... u can even ask one'a the committee dudes to 'spy' on him with one'a ur couzinz/friends...

btw.. u still haven't told us which gurdwara and which city its in.... i'm sure if we have some 'cyber' sangat in ur area, they'd be more then willing to help... :lol:

Its sometimes very hard to tell people you know ..

I dont wana say im the right person but i dealt with these peeps before (twice) .. one was a close friend of mine .. and another, was a friends friend that i didnt even know .. it was at a local gurdwara..

BOTH those times .. i talked facetoface with the singh accused.. i warned him .. then i placed a couple of peeps having a close eye on the singh .. and trust it guru kirpa naal he did nothing again ..

If you are from the toronto area .. DO message someone .. contact ur family .. friends .. cousins .. or someone on this forum .. or if all does no good you can PM me if its TO region ..

The main concern bhenjis have is coming out in the open .. so maybe we can do this without the whole world finding out who the gyaani is harassing ..

bhul chuk maph

Guest Guest

for a while , Just stop going to gurudwara. even if u try to bring this public, u both will get a bad name , also all other granthi and sewadar image will be destroyed. it has to be solved smartly, so none of the name get damaged. i suggest u to tell this problem to your close friend , so they can talk to the president of the gurudwara without mentioning your name. also ask that person don't bring it to the sangat. either granthi will be fired or he will stop doing such a thing to protect his job. if it happen next time, just slap him. and it won't happen again. trust me.

Guest _Sher Khalsa_

tell your parents, dont be a hero, we have to many heros these days, let them deal with this guy, why put it on your shoulders, you didnt do nothign wrong, no one can blame you, let it be dealt with properly, get him sent back to india, so it doesnt happen to anyone else, get your parents to go to the commitee

You are beter off telling your parents asap.

My friend had the same problem.. Everyone else found out before her parents. It had been ONE WHOLE YEAR since he first started harrasing the girl. During which, he's managed to meet her up in the park, he's had his hands on her and he's forced his lips on her. He even once tried to strip her!

Anyway, Giani got chucked out of the Gurdwara Sahib. The girl is now at home. She studying in college, but for no reason; She not allwed to go to University. She will get mrried to someone in India next year. She is only 17.

So, dont wait til your life is ruined.. take action NOW. I've adviced her, she didn;t listen to me.

Apparently my ways of sorting things out wouldn't work (ie: beating the **** out of him) A singh stopped me an advised the girl to catch the giani inthe act.

This all happened LAST WEEK.

What I'm trying to say: DONT WAIT FOR TIME TO HEAL IT, GURU GOBIND SINGH JI DIDN't WAIT FOR TIME TO GET RID THE INJUSTICES.

Vaheguru.

154606[/snapback]

why isnt she allowed to go university? N when this man tried 2 harrass her @ the park why didnt she take action then when he was trying 2 kiss her etc...?

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh,

bhainji, one of the hardest things to do is to go talk directly to parents. second is to tell people u know. if your not comfortable telling people who you are then post the name of the location and the gurudwara sahib. you are doing so as annon and let the veer here handle this situation as most are willing to. if you know its not just you, then u know that other girls are having similar issues and you never know what how far he may have gone with his harrassment. no one will know who u r, and no one will know that u told. just post the information, maybe a description of the person they will be looking for and lets see if the sangat can find this person as being guilty, then maybe singhs together can approach the committee.

bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh