Being Harrassed By A Giani

Guest Kaur !

WJKK, WJKF

Sangat Ji, I have come into a problem, its been like this for the past 2/3 months. I always go to Gurdwara Sahib before going to school. At my local Gurdwara there is this Gyani. For the past 2/3 months he has been harrasing me, but lately its getting really bad, he would follow me sometimes from Gurdwara Sahib to my school, I get really scared everytime I go Gurdwara Sahib now, I haven't told anyone not even my parents because I dont know how to.

Last week I enetered Gurdwara Sahib & he was sitting upstairs reading Guru Granth Sahib Ji, then when I went to Matha Tehk & went back down he closed the guru Granth Sahib Ji & followed me down.

I have also realised it isnt only me who this Gyani harrases but other girls aswel. Its really uncomfortable because it has forced me to stop going to Gurdwara Sahib now which I dont want to do but have no option.

Can anyone help please. I dont want to be revealed either. Hope my brothers & sisters can help me. PLEASE... pray.gif

Thankyou !

WJKK, WJKF

154463[/snapback]

:wub:

Tell your grandad to batter him :e: .

If i have any troubles at the Gurdwara thats what i do, since the gurdwara officials are scared of my grandad. :TH:

WJKK WJKF

I have read most pages and replies and what i've noticed is we're only trying to solve a single case, a single victim, Kaur, Heera asked u 50 times where u live and u finally answered

Preston and a gurdwara called Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara

well, the reason we asked you this was so singhs can ge to the bottom of the problem, once you are out, there are more victims that will become victim to the same problem again and again.

I suggest you register a account here, and send me information such as address of gurdwara, etc, details about attacker etc, everything so these issues can be solved.

Anyone else who knows gurdwaras where things like these occur also contact me

WJKK WJKF

WJKK, WJKF

I am happy I guess I told my sister & now my mum knows but she;s stopped me from attending Gurdwara Sahib, I dont really know the action she'll take, I just dont want matters to worsen. Thats my main worry,

I'm from Preston, my local Gurdwara Sahib is Guru Nanak Sikh Gurdwara

WJKK, WJKF

154716[/snapback]

If you are talking about the Preston in Lancashire then there are three Gurdwaras in Preston,Lancashire and none of them are open everyday, they only open on sunday.

Please clarify which preston, so local sangat can keep an eye out for such things happening to others.

Guest Guest

Why what will you do? What will any of you people do?

If you do find out that a guy has been harrassing or assulting a girl will any of you guys do anything?

Answer is NO, you will sit on your little internet forums and moan and whine and talk big about beating people up, but 99% of you wont actually raise a single finger or have the courage to carry out your macho comments!!

Its nice and easy to talk a big game but when it comes to actually doing something everyonnneee dissapears and its just the victim and the close family who have to deal with it.

What will you do if the guy accussed of the stuff says he didnt do it?

What will you do if all the local people and his friends say nooo he cant have done it, hes a great guy and they all support him?

What if he is your friend? Would you have the courage to question him/her or would you just think nooo hes my friend?

What will you do if he blames the girls saying that they are trying to ruin his name!?

What will you do if 99% of people say no way he cant have done it, and yet the girl is saying he did?

Answer is again ..NOTHING! if it came to putting your necks on the line and your reputation on the line in a situation like this, most of you would sit on the fence or say nothing or blame the girl/the accussers.

There is sooo much evidence of this, it happens everywhere! Little boys and girls with their heads in the clouds thinking that by posting a few emails problems can be solved!

Victims will NOT come forward in most cases cus they KNOW they will have no support, some may do cus they read the rubbish you lot post up, and then when it actually comes to doing something, you all walk away or turn against the victims cus sometimes its hard to listen to what has to be said.

For the sake of the victims of abuse, harrassment and assult, please dont act like heros and saviours unless you are actually going to do something. its not a macho thing, its not a 'gangster' thing that you can all talk big about and laugh and crack jokes. If you had been abused you would not find it funny. Victims will judge the 'saviours' on their support and action, not on 'id kick his as5' messages on the internet.

i pray for those that do help out the victims, the ones who act and not just brag and talk. when its ur sister, daughter or wife, n u hear people like you guys talking as if you know how it feels or like you actually care, or actually would do something then you will appreciate the point of this message.

Why what will you do? What will any of you people do?

If you do find out that a guy has been harrassing or assulting a girl will any of you guys do anything?

Answer is NO, you will sit on your little internet forums and moan and whine and talk big about beating people up, but 99% of you wont actually raise a single finger or have the courage to carry out your macho comments!!

Its nice and easy to talk a big game but when it comes to actually doing something everyonnneee dissapears and its just the victim and the close family who have to deal with it.

What will you do if the guy accussed of the stuff says he didnt do it?

What will you do if all the local people and his friends say nooo he cant have done it, hes a great guy and they all support him?

What if he is your friend? Would you have the courage to question him/her or would you just think nooo hes my friend?

What will you do if he blames the girls saying that they are trying to ruin his name!?

What will you do if 99% of people say no way he cant have done it, and yet the girl is saying he did?

Answer is again ..NOTHING! if it came to putting your necks on the line and your reputation on the line in a situation like this, most of you would sit on the fence or say nothing or blame the girl/the accussers.

There is sooo much evidence of this, it happens everywhere! Little boys and girls with their heads in the clouds thinking that by posting a few emails problems can be solved!

Victims will NOT come forward in most cases cus they KNOW they will have no support, some may do cus they read the rubbish you lot post up, and then when it actually comes to doing something, you all walk away or turn against the victims cus sometimes its hard to listen to what has to be said.

For the sake of the victims of abuse, harrassment and assult, please dont act like heros and saviours unless you are actually going to do something. its not a macho thing, its not a 'gangster' thing that you can all talk big about and laugh and crack jokes. If you had been abused you would not find it funny. Victims will judge the 'saviours' on their support and action, not on 'id kick his as5' messages on the internet.

i pray for those that do help out the victims, the ones who act and not just brag and talk. when its ur sister, daughter or wife, n u hear people like you guys talking as if you know how it feels or like you actually care, or actually would do something then you will appreciate the point of this message.

161473[/snapback]

Nice post. First you diss everyone, then you talk about how Some people might help, So you think no one is going ot help but there still be some people, what if everyone who said we'll do something fit in that Some ppl group, You made yourself look like a retard, and i wont help you look even bigger. You come here with a No-Name Guest saying S behind your computer behind No name, Why dont you do something if no one else is going to do it? Do you know every single person in the world? If 5 people fail Does the 6th person ALSO HAS to fail? It seems you know a lot, but how much do you really know? You the same as us, behind a screen, What makes you more legit than us? You said victims dont post and read rubbish and think they get support, Wow good one, So i guess its better to get no-support and to continue digging a mental tunnel leading to depression ? Your post is made out of assumptios as you probaly dotn even know anyone here, and you call their offer of help as wanting to be "macho" , "gangster" , and "saviours?"

Wow look at you buddy, Mr. Clear it all up, Mr. Let me explain it to everyone I understand this situation more than anyone else.

Anyways, you had no right to say what you did, and i suggest you stfu we know your not gonna do anything, but that doesn't give you the right to assume everyone is like you.

Guest Guest

Lol very clever!!

Well if you think your one of the FEW who actually gets off his/her backside then good for you!!

Unfortunetly once you have been around for a while, and worked with victims you will realise that usually the people talking big DO very little!

And yes people threatening to beat up people etc will probably NOT do it. The kind of people who do ... typically do not come on forums and state what they are about to do .. one becuase they are about action and not words and secondly it doesnt make sense to advertise yourself as the guy thats going to assult somebody and face that knock on the door by the police.

YES SOME people will help and respect to them everyone just has an opinion but when it come to it will do nothing. Its life face it. its a FACT.

and this is a unanimous section isnt it? so i am making use of this facility. I have done and will continue to do whatever it is that i do.

However some people need a wake up call that simplly talking and saying you will do stuff is not productive. If nothing happens why all the talk?

I never said everyone fails, i said there are a few who are the real gems who do the seva. same as in all parts of our history, plenty do the talking, very few do the walking.

ok let me make this nice and simple. a girl tells someone she been harassed etc, the people get angry and say they will do this and that and promise to look after her. time passes. nothing happens. end of story.

whether you like it or not this happens! Look how many stories we all know of girls and boys being abused. how many stories do we know of the issues being resolved or of someone actually doing something!? the numbers and examples will speak for themselves.

this is not a funny topic and i was not ammussed at jokes cracked. like i said if it was ur sister or wife then u would not find jokes about this funny.

for a victim to 'come out'is VERY difficult!! if once they have made that step then the support for them must be real, genuine and effective! Saying that people will beat up the guy when they will probably have no intention of doing so does NOT help! you may well do, which is great, but for a lot of people it is just talk sorry but it is and its time to admit to it.

if we want to help these girls then it must be constructive. topics should not be full of insincere offers of help or jokes.

and the questions i asked are serious and genuine questions because you will find that these are the issues you will have to deal with when you take on the task. people will say to u the girl is lying, the guy is fantastic etc. do you know what you will do then? what will your approach be? will you just knock the door down and knock him out? what about the girl, what support can we provide after all this has happened?

you can get as angry as you like. im not attacking the few that act. im speaking to those that will talk and talk and then do nothing. am i in either crowd? only god knows and it is not for me to comment on here.

take a look at society, how many victims of rape step forward? .. very few because they know how hard it is going to be. and yet they have a formal structure of support and legal procedings in place. they know that the courts will listen to their complaint and they voice will be heard. they know they will be given security etc and yet they still dont speak out. what support can we really provide to our young boys and girls!?

this is a real issue and needs real discussion and action.

yes singhs should be strong and support the people suffering abuse. but that means using your brains as well. we do not have to go far from this forum to see what reaction to expect when allegations of harrassement emerge. expect the same when you accuse someone else of harrasement as wel. it will be the same.

if you are one of the few, then i thank you for doing your seva. but for years now people have run around trying to help these victims and genrally peole offer no support but just talk and talk. so perhaps to you the message is dont rely on loads of support from everyone, if you get it fantastic!!! if not dont be disheartened but carry on guru ji will support you.