Kaam

Moorak

Waheyguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheyguru Ji Key Fateh

Vir g/ Bhain g ..One does not has the ability to control Kam and all other vices only Shabad guru Can.. Panch--dooat TUDHH vas key tay.Kal Kun Kat Mar-ra-yeah ( anad sahib). In Rehras sahib guru ji mention that Payee Pa-ra-pat Ma-nu-kah Doh Ha-re-ya GobInd Meelan Key EAh Tay-re-bar-yeah. A // KAJ _TAY-Rak KAy-teh NA KAm Mill Sadh Sanagt BA-jh KAY_VAL NAM ( Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

). Guru ji reminds us that the sole purpose of life oh !Jeev AT-ma OH! Soul is to untie with your beloved. Stop tangling yourself into the traps of MAya , all of them are useless.

With Gur kirpa When Ever I find my mind wondering I try to remind myself..The day when I will take my last breath in this world and face death after that...only Nam will be helpful not Kaam and other vices. I will be asked about the Lay-kha/ count of my breaths that I have wasted by traping myself into everday plays of maya. Any thing that creates more gap between me and my Lord Waheyguru ji..I should avoid it.Then start doing simran..say Waheyguru waheyguru and remeber Waheyguru Ji is sa-rab WE-ya-pak GOD IS PRESENT IN EACH SINGLE ATOM< MOLECULE< ELEMENT < LIVING AND NON_LIVING THING AND IN THAT PERSON TOO. Bin-nam-way Nahee ko tha-o (jap ji sahib) and I ask for forgivness from waheyguru ji and ask for help..After all I am just a nee-each Man-mukh.

Vir g/ bahin g do ardas, he is inner knower. He is not far..he just within you.

Please forgive me if I said anything wrong.Still learning.

Waheyguru Ji ka Khalsa waheyguru Ji key afteh.

Waheyguru Ji ka Khalsa waheyguru ji Key fateh

AMg 155

ang 155

Page 155

gauVI cyqI mhlw 1 ]

gourree chaethee mehulaa 1

Gauree Chaytee, First Mehl:

Avir pMc hm eyk jnw ikau rwKau Gr bwru mnw ]

avar punch hum eaek junaa kio raakho ghur baar munaa

There are five of them, but I am all alone. How can I protect my hearth and home, O my mind?

mwrih lUtih nIq nIq iksu AwgY krI pukwr jnw ]1]

maarehi loottehi neeth neeth kis aagai kuree pukaar junaa

They are beating and plundering me over and over again; unto whom can I complain? ||1||

sRI rwm nwmw aucru mnw ]

sree raam naamaa ouchur munaa

Chant the Name of the Supreme Lord, O my mind.

AwgY jm dlu ibKmu Gnw ]1] rhwau ]

aagai jum dhul bikhum ghunaa

Otherwise, in the world hereafter, you will have to face the awesome and cruel army of Death. ||1||Pause||

auswir mVolI rwKY duAwrw BIqir bYTI sw Dnw ]

ousaar murrolee raakhai dhuaaraa bheethar baithee saa dhunaa

God has erected the temple of the body; He has placed the nine doors, and the soul-bride sits within.

AMimRq kyl kry inq kwmix Avir lutyin su pMc jnw ]2]

anmrith kael kurae nith kaaman avar luttaen s punch junaa

She enjoys the sweet play again and again, while the five demons are plundering her. ||2||

Fwih mVolI lUitAw dyhurw sw Dn pkVI eyk jnw ]

taahi murrolee loottiaa dhaehuraa saa dhun pukurree eaek junaa

In this way, the temple is being demolished; the body is being plundered, and the soul-bride, left all alone, is captured.

jm fMfw gil sMglu piVAw Bwig gey sy pMc jnw ]3]

jum ddunddaa gal sungul parriaa bhaag geae sae punch junaa

Death strikes her down with his rod, the shackles are placed around her neck, and now the five have left. ||3||

kwmix loVY suienw rupw imqR luVyin su KwDwqw ]

kaaman lorrai sueinaa rupaa mithr lurraen s khaadhaathaa

The wife yearns for gold and silver, and her friends, the senses, yearn for good food.

nwnk pwp kry iqn kwrix jwsI jmpuir bwDwqw ]4]2]14]

naanuk paap kurae thin kaaran jaasee jumupur baadhaathaa

O Nanak, she commits sins for their sake; she shall go, bound and gagged, to the City of Death. ||4||2||14||

Go to gursikhijeevan.com and download this shabad

Shree_Ram_Nam_Uchar_Manaa.

http://www.gursikhijeevan.com/media/audio/...Niranjan_Singh_

Waheyguru Ji ka Khalsa waheyguru ji Key fateh

Guest Guest

http://finalevolution.blogspot.com/2005/02/kaam.

In this Kaljug, kaam attacks most of us mercilessly. For Western youth who live in a society that glorifies sex it's even more difficult to deal with. Trying to deal with kaam by giving in to it will only result in it coming back. Sometimes more often and with greater intensity.

How could a manmukh extinguish fire by puttion oil on it?

(Vaar 15, pauri 9).

The sensuous man suffers from mental and physical diseases,And undergoes great pain.

(panna 1189).

Kaam can lead to the downfall of our jeevan, our self-esteem, our status, and our health (not to mention creating a lot more karma). Eastern medicinal and yogic traditions teach that a special kind of energy is associated with our reproductive fluid. In qi-gong this energy is called jin. If we give in to kaam too much, this energy is reduced and the body wastes resources to replenish what is lost. The body can become weakened and prone to illness.

However, if we live a Gurmat-oriented lifestyle which involves doing a lot of simran and controlling our kaam, then our intellect will become heightened. Amritvela simran and control of the senses (especially the eyes) is essential. It helps to avoid things that trigger kaami thoughts. This includes avoiding television and popular music, even the commercials trigger kaam! Avoiding bad sangat and staying within the sadh sangat also helps. I have heard that if one wants to be a faqir he looks only a few yards ahead of him while walking. Although this may not be very advisable in many situations. Remember, the Guru is always with you and always watching you.

In the end, our own efforts are not enough. We must do ardass to the Guru and rely on His mercy be saved from kaam.

For more on how to fight kaam, see MKhalsa's article and shabd kaam maran deh.

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

For a moment of sexual pleasure, you shall suffer in pain for millions of days.

For an instant, you may savor pleasure, but afterwards, you shall regret it, again and again. ||1||

O blind man, meditate on the Lord, the Lord, your King.Your day is drawing near. ||1||Pause||

You are deceived, beholding with your eyes, the bitter melon and swallow-wort. But, like the companionship of a poisonous snake, so is the desire for another's spouse. ||2|| For the sake of your enemy, you commit sins, while you neglect the reality of your faith.Your friendship is with those who abandon you, and you are angry with your friends. ||3|| The entire world is entangled in this way; he alone is saved, who has the Perfect Guru. Says Nanak, I have crossed over the terrifying world-ocean; my body has become sanctified. ||4||5||127||

(panna 403).

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:

O Lord, You behold whatever we do in secrecy; the fool may stubbornly deny it. By his own actions, he is tied down, and in the end, he regrets and repents. || 1 || My God knows, ahead of time, all things. Deceived by doubt, you may hide your actions, but in the end, you shall have to confess the secrets of your mind. || 1 || Pause || Whatever they are attached to, they remain joined to that. What can any mere mortal do? Please, forgive me, O Supreme Lord Master. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to You. || 2 || 6 || 128 ||

(panna 403).

imQn moh Agin sok swgr ] kir ikrpw auDru hir nwgr

Attachment to sex is an ocean of fire and pain. By Your Grace, O Sublime Lord, please save me from it.|| 1 ||

(panna 760)

UPDATE: Another important point. When speaking with the opposite sex if you feel kaami thoughts you should address them as ''penji/paaji''. This will remind you that they are your sister/brother.

• 3 weeks later...

i understand where u r cumin from nd believe eryone goz thru dis struggle possibly even after 25. dere so much exposure from de media etc that at times it can be difficult to keep a clean mind. heres my personal list i came up wif last year and still use presently..hope it helps in sum way blush.gif

- limit ur contact wif the opp sex

- if u into music avoid lisnin to it--pepo like 50 or Luda dn reli hav much to say in dere lyrics anyways since mos o it based on chiks nd wutnot

- whenever u feel as if u ur mind wanderin tink of what Guru Ji wud think of u :wub: or say to urself "im stronger den dis F U KALJUG :@ " (sounds korny buh wrks fo me blush.gif ))

- wrk out or go for a walk

- do a mini ardaas in your head and beg Guru Ji to forgive you and to help you get past this sinful deed every time sum thought pops in your head

- simran is key! it reli helps take your mind off things

- avoid goin to places or hangin out wif ppl that cud cause you to get distracted ie. parties etc

- talk to ur rents... rolleyes.gif LOL

:TH: Good Luck!

bhul chuk maaf

peacE

Guest Guest

Sat Sri Akal:

Nah...after 25 your energy is partly shifted towards cursing at tax forms (where are those spelunking deductions!?!?!?) and the frightening prospect of marriage which begins to scare you more than the Jamdoots, which your spouse may turn out to be like (joothian di apaar bakshish)... jamdoot.gif

Later on in life, you learn to multi-task your negative feelings towards all Panj Vikaars (Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh Ahankaar) without discrimination...what progess... sad.gif