Dashan Das's Followers

WJKK WJKF

I'm trying to find out as much information I can on this guy, I know of the evil he spreaded against the sikh religion but still don't know where he adopted Maharaz from. There many believers of him around the country even possibly India.

If you live in Birmingham you must have heard of the SND electrical wholesalers(Large business formed back in 70's by so called "sikhs") the main owners are followers of darshan das. What takes the mick is that these so called singh's, wear white paghs, and in their late 60's are seen wearing tilks on their heads.

A program is aired on Raj TV called "shaadi" it shows different background cultural weddings, really to show people how marriages happen in other religions.  I switched over to this channel while this program was on and came across the blokes from SND, at this wedding. The cam was on them for most of the wedding like they were getting married. If goreh are watching this program surely its sending them the wrong message about sikhs, its showing old "so called singhs" with tilks on their heads. Goreh and other race people must get confused, people like that are damaging our religion cuz other race people might get mispoint that singh's do this.

The truth is that "sikh identity" was ruined by people like darshan das, also do any of you also know the name of darshan das's killer, because he deserves a big reward and recognition from the sikh panth if he already hasn't.

In Punjab you hear of sikhs in pind's following sants or worshipping people for so called "good luck" only reason I can see them doing this is due to poverty and being poor which leads these people to look at changing their lives.

The Guru Granth Sahib is the only living Guru for the Sikhs. d_oh.gif

On the net i've only come across one main website on the topic of "darshan das", could you add to the post if you know more of this guy and what he did? :wub:

155146[/snapback]

Bibian that are falling for these fake sants!

Discuss!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what the issue is. It is clear that militant SIkhs havn't been involved in shooting innocent religious leaders in the 80's-90's, and don't see why they would now. The Link in my previous post sheds some light on why they might have decided to get rid of him. You have completly ignored that.

159827[/snapback]

i do apologise, i havent ignored ur post above.

u have pointed out on why they have shot Darshan Das, but in the minds of the killers he was guilty so for that reason they shot him. and this belief of the killers and those behind it, is a personal belief and not based on solid fact ...ie: that he was bad mouthing Sikhi. so therefore in ur peoples eyes he was shot cos he was guilty of watever the rumours are....but the FACT is that.... you dont no that for a FACT....

apologies LK if that sounds abit wishy washy... its the end of the day!

159840[/snapback]

bhenji they attended his programs 6 months prior to.

159843[/snapback]

and...?

159844[/snapback]

How factual do you want it to be??

They attended his 'sermons' or whatever he calls them, they heard/saw him ridicule the Gurbani and they dealt with the matter as they chose to.

Now what on earth are you after? 'Fact' you can't get any bigger proof than going to see what he got upto for 6 months, can you? :wub:

159954[/snapback]

know that for a fact do u?? that they attended satsangs 6 months prior??? did they tell u personally....or is it something u heard from 'a friend's friend's friend's friend'?? grin.gif

Think about it. Do you seriously think they would have shot someone on the basis of 'someone saying that he says something that some people don't like', or do you tihnk they actually listened for 6 months, making sure that those 20 resp 30 years in jail are actually worth it.

They sacrifised 20 resp 30 years of their LIFE to shoot someone. I doubt they'd do that on hearsay. Too much of a far-fetched theory. Any other theory Misskaur?

159861[/snapback]

it's a funny old world...anythings possible. maybe the murderers thought they'd get away with it...and not spend 20/30 yrs in prison. nothing's far fetched!

well where are u getting YOUR information from??? that wud be interesting to know. remember ur information isnt first hand....its secondary info heard from maybe...'a friends, friends, friend'??? arent ur statments and views based on hearsay?

'Das Kirpa' You join this forum, after the creation of this thread questioning your 'guru'. How credible do you think you sound when you join a Sikh forum, in a rude tone, asking others to keep quite. I'm not sure whether you are familiar with the concept of a 'discussion board'. It seems like you seemed to miss that part, and unless you have anything valueble to add, I suggest you stay out of this discussion

...i think that the above satement also applies to most others on this forum. theres no need to take a miltant tone. obviously there are people who have views on this particular subject. but theres no need to be rude and sarcastic. if u can't avoid such a simple task, then it's best to terminate this dicussion.

thank you...

Miss Kaur

Think about it. Do you seriously think they would have shot someone on the basis of 'someone saying that he says something that some people don't like', or do you tihnk they actually listened for 6 months, making sure that those 20 resp 30 years in jail are actually worth it.

They sacrifised 20 resp 30 years of their LIFE to shoot someone. I doubt they'd do that on hearsay. Too much of a far-fetched theory. Any other theory Misskaur?

159861[/snapback]

it's a funny old world...anythings possible. maybe the murderers thought they'd get away with it...and not spend 20/30 yrs in prison. nothing's far fetched!

well where are u getting YOUR information from??? that wud be interesting to know. remember ur information isnt first hand....its secondary info heard from maybe...'a friends, friends, friend'??? arent ur statments and views based on hearsay?

159967[/snapback]

the singhs who did this seva could have got away with if they wished to, they could have killed on the road, outside his residence wherever, but they chose to kill him in front of everyone so ppl can see that fake babeh cannot get away with mocking dhan dhan shri guru granth sahib jee,

159861[/snapback]

159967[/snapback]

Before entering into this discussion, I suggest you actually look at the trend of the way Sikh militants work. For tha I suggest you read books by anthropologist which analyse the way these militants think, respond and act. Anthropologist that have analyzed and actually made the effort to interview scors of militants includes Cynthia Mahmood Kepply, Joyce Pettigrew etc.

Most militants who are out to get revenge, usually don't care about themselves. Again to believe that they would EXPECT to get away with it, after such a high-profile murder, is again extremely far-feteched, especially when considering the fact that it occured in Britain, and that it was Sikh militants who made the move.

Now, I admit, in this case my information isn't first hand, but from what I do know is that they followed him for 6 months and listened to his sermons before they acted. That is typical Sikh militant behaviour. I did not know about it before this thread was created, upon which I started researching about them. Their sacrifise is indeed typical Sikh militant beahviour, if they did follow them for 6 months and listen before acting. I did not express my views previously about them, because I did not know about it before. Their sacrifice was indeed ideal, since they carefully chose their target, and didn't want to risk killing an innocent. Read the books by the above mentioned and you will see how the militants planned and followed their target for a long time.

As has been mentioned, if their intention was to get away, they could eaasily have choosen antoher place at another time, but they chose to do it inside a school, a high-school, infront of everyone. Not in some corner. Infront of everyone.

...i think that the above satement also applies to most others on this forum. theres no need to take a miltant tone. obviously there are people who have views on this particular subject. but theres no need to be rude and sarcastic. if u can't avoid such a simple task, then it's best to terminate this dicussion.

thank you...

Miss Kaur

So far, I have tried keeping a calm and mature tone in this discussion thread. If I have not managed to do so, I apologize, however I still stand firm on my statement that one looses credibility when one joins a discussion forum, and starts asking people one doens't agree with to 'keep quite'. Very suspicious indeed. I have not ones restricted him from expressing his views, as a matter of fact I encourage him/her to do so, however he has failed to do so, and insteads asks everyone to 'keep quite' and watch 'aastha TV', failing to address the issues raised on the board.

I have tried to keep a friendly tone, and again apologize if I have failed to do so, however I do not think it is acceptable for a person to join a discussion board, not address the actual issues, and instead demand peopel to 'keep quite'. You talk about my tone, but completely fail to notice the rude behaviour of 'Das Kirpa'

There is a credibility and intention issue here.

We are now diverging from the original thread topic, and I feel that this is purposly done as a way of distracting a calm and mature discussion from taking place.

Bhull Chukk Maaf

159861[/snapback]

159967[/snapback]

the singhs who did this seva could have got away with if they wished to, they could have killed on the road, outside his residence wherever, but they chose to kill him in front of everyone so ppl can see that fake babeh cannot get away with mocking dhan dhan shri guru granth sahib jee,

159981[/snapback]

'seva'??? grin.gif lol

this unlawful act did not deter the movement and from what i have read and seen it's evident in all four corners of the world.

now ur comments will be....'the people have been brainwashed' etc etc. we've heard all that b4, (yawn). there must be truth and contentment within the movement for people from all walks of life inc sikh, hindu, muslim, christian, black , white, brown to be following it.

so one could state that these 20/30 years in prison was for what...short term havoc? there mustbe positivity within the movement for it to continue almot 20years on from the 'sewa'!! (lol)

159861[/snapback]

159967[/snapback]

where are you getting your info from or is ignorance bliss