Dashan Das's Followers

Would like to share a short article which daas has written regarding "GURUDOMS" using Baani of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

'SABH SIKHAN KO HUKHAM HAI,

GURU MANIYO GRANTH…

Every Sikh has an order, accept the [Guru] 'Granth' as your only Guru.'

Prakash_of_the_Guru-2005.07.19-17.34.01.jpg

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is the living light of the Ten Gurus.

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is the living spirit of the Ten Gurus.

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is the living voice of the Ten Gurus.

Some people say the Guru Granth Sahib Jee is a mere 'Holy Book'.

Some people say the Guru Granth Sahib Jee is mere ink and paper.

Some people say that you can't get enlightened through the words of Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

'Gurbani es ja mehe chaanan, karam vasai man aaye

Gurbani is the Light to illuminate this world; by His Grace, it comes to abide." [Ang 67]

Many fake God men use the verses of Gurbani to enlighten people, and yet call themselves the 'Guru'.

Many fake God men use the verse of Gurbani to explain the truth to people yet take the credit of being the 'Guru.

Many fake God men, look like Sikhs, and twist the words of Gurbani, to proclaim themselves as the 'Guru'.

Somebody's son moves from India to Canada.

He writes a letter to his family back home saying that he is in good health, got a job and not to worry.

The family a week later receive the letter and read it.

The family are in joy and celebrate the success of their son.

The family are in delighted and are happy that their son is well and healthy.

If someone was to say to the family, that why are you so happy, "you are only reading mere words"…

If someone was to say to the family, that why are so proud, "it is only a mere piece of paper"…

If someone was to say to the family, that your son cannot talk to you through "ink and paper"…

That person would have to be greatest fool, to think that the son has not communicated to the family because he cannot talk them through written words.

The message, which the letter gives, is of their son's.

The sweet words in the letter are of their son's.

The letter is, the son talking to his parents in the form of ink and paper.

Through Gurbani, Waheguru sent us a message.

Through Gurbani, Waheguru spoke to us.

Through Gurbani, Waheguru enlightened us.

'Baani Guru, Guru hai Baani. Vich Baani Amrit saarey

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar [God's Name] is contained.' [Ang 982]

A person who reads Gurbani to people cannot credit himself to be called 'Guru'.

A person who explains Gurbani to people cannot credit himself to be called 'Guru'.

A person who discusses Gurbani with people cannot credit himself to be called 'Guru'

Waheguru is the Formless and all pervading.

Through Guru Nanak Jee and the ten Gurus, Waheguru was revealed in the form of the spoken.

Through Gurbani and the Guru Granth Sahib Jee, Waheguru is revealed in the form of the written.

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is an eternal message.

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is an eternal Emperor.

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is the eternal voice of Guru Nanak and Guru Gobind Singh Jee, forever.

'Vaaho, vaaho Baani Nirankaar hai, tis jevad avar naa koye…

Wonderful, wonderful is the Word, the Baani is the embodiment of the Formless Lord, There is no other as great as this.' (Ang 515)

Next time you go to the Gurdwara, and bow infront of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, will you be able to recognise the 'dasaa guru'aa di boldee aatma', the Ten Gurus living speaking soul?

Daas, Manvir Singh Khalsa

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to respected veer ji and bhan ji,

I am not sure about where he is based, but lets not forget he had a narrow escape in Canada and would therefore anticipate a similar reaction here in the UK. He has been very clever by getting someone to set up a web site based around the cult. However, I will not promote his filth here. If you want to find this site it wont take you very long to stumble upon it. This time it seems he is trying to be more humble through his approach or should I say clever.

There is a lot of talk about a respected singh by the name of Harjit Lakhan falling foul to Narinder Grewal. I for one cannot say wheteher this is true or false. So treat this information accordingly. People have spoken about him running some website or egroup whereby he has a emailing list of a few thousand members. Do you see where this is going? If this guy has now become a follower of Narinder Grewal, then the implications are herendous.

Someone I know was offered to go to one of the cults meetings, but obviously turned it down, to quote the cult member said that its great you should come people levitate and stuff. Can you believe this nonsense. Anyway I too can make members of the cult levitate by picking them up and promptly then throwing them down to the ground.

If you want to know what Mr Loopy (Narinder Grewal) looks like, then again just search the net and you will see pictures of him taken from the video that veer ji was on about in Canada.

Remember if you think some of the above is harsh I have clearly stated the context of each point, but I take nothing back about Narinder wacko.gif Grewal.

Well I must say that some of these replies are interesting, but most are trash not worth replying to. Let me pick on a few points -

Firstly the assertion that Naam comes from SGGSJi, namely WaheGuru and for that reason there is no need for a living master. If that is the case then why is the opposite stated in the Sukhmani Sahib - '..Prahbu kirpal kirpa kareh, Naam Nanak Sadhu Sang Mileh'...

A Sadhu is a living master. Oh I have heard the arguments that such words should be read as referring to the Sangat when in plural and God when in Singular. But nobody explains why??

Firstly the quote is not from Sukhmani sahib, but approximately 50 angs before Sukhmani Sahib...This tells us how much knowledge you have of Gurbani

Secondly read the quote you have just quoted and then return. THe Quote is talking about SADH SANGAT, congregation. stop twisting Gurbani.

You want an explaination why? Go to Punjab University, University of Punjab, Punjabi University etc or other linguists and ask then why the Punjabi language is as it is.

As for Darshan Das only taking from the SGGSJi and not having anything of his own, has anybody actually taken the time to read His written material?? No need to reply cuz we all know the answer. His writings contain much in the way of divine knowledge some of which is not to be found outside.

But by the same token, Hindus can surely argue that Sikhs have nothing original of their own - E.g. Singh taken from Vishnu Avatar NarSingh, the word Khalsa first appears in the bani of saint Kabir, SGGSJi substantially made up of scriptures from Non Sikh contributors. THe point is that anyone can be cynical and ignorent for such is the bliss of ignorence.

Again, nonsensicle responses.

1- Nanakian philosophy (Gurmat) is completly different from Hindu mythology.. Just because Guru Ji used the word Singh -lion lol doesn't mean he copied it from an avtar of Vishnu. Jesus Christ, what's next - why was Guru Harkrishan Je's name Harkrishan.. the name probably exists in the vedas... does tha mean he's a vedist?

2- The bani of Bhagat Kabir Ji per say, is not in Guru Sahib.. Only Dhur Ki Bani by Gurdev Pita ji can be found in Maharaj.

nonsensicle arguments.

Please revise.

insane post by sher panjabi.

That was deep bro. your example reminded me of harbhajan mann's song "chitteyeh ni chitteyeh, hanjuaan naal likhiyeh" When i heard that song live at a concert a long long time ago, i saw old people around me get very emotional. if people get that emotional from a letter from their sons/kids, the words from waaheguru have to hit hard at the heart and soul.

Lion(LK)King

Yeah ok, well I don’t purport to be an expert on Banis and page references. The point is that you know it is there.

In response I have read it many times. A Sadhu is Sadhu (a holy man), that is the common language meaning of the word. You don’t need to go to Punjab University for that. Ask anyone on the street and you will get the same response. In the English translations of Gurubani it has been misstated as meaning Sadh Sangat. But even if you accept it is Sadh Sangat, a Sadh again is a holy person. Sadh in actual fact is someone who has done Sadhnah (Baghtee).

Also, take this translation from – http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?S=y

Maajh, Fifth Mehl: 5. - p. 101

naam a-ukhaDh mo ka-o saaDhoo dee-aa.

The Holy Saint has given me the Medicine of the Naam.

In this instance it has been translated correctly. If the word means general congregation then why is it understood to be different in common language?

It is not the Namdharies, Radhaswamies or Darshan Dassis who are twisting Gurubani, the onus is on the Sikhs to explain why this is being misread. If Sikhs want Sadhu to mean Sanghat because it is more in line with their beliefs, that’s fine. But please don’t accuse others of twisting Bani.

1- Nanakian philosophy (Gurmat) is completly different from Hindu mythology.. Just because Guru Ji used the word Singh -lion lol doesn't mean he copied it from an avtar of Vishnu. Jesus Christ, what's next - why was Guru Harkrishan Je's name Harkrishan.. the name probably exists in the vedas... does tha mean he's a vedist?

Nothing nonsensical about what I have stated. The point I make is that when something new comes out, there will always be some resonance from the past. The same is true about Sikhism and the point is made to those who accuse others of using their religion when much in their own beliefs has been taken from the past.

With regards to Singh / Lion, I won’t debate this as it is fairly common knowledge that the whole concept of Singh comes from Narsingh. Not just the name but from what happened historically. Please do you research. Just as the VULNERABLE child Saint Parladh was saved by Righteousness in the form of Vishnu manifesting as NarSingh to destroy the evil of Harnahshak, in the same way G. Gobind Singh Ji said my followers will be Singhs & take on the mantle of protecting the needy, the vulnerable, the Saints etc.

Also, to make references such as Hindu mythology denounces others beliefs as mere myths. I don’t think that is right. Especially, as the Guru (10th), acknowledges the 24 Incarnations.

2- The bani of Bhagat Kabir Ji per say, is not in Guru Sahib.. Only Dhur Ki Bani by Gurdev Pita ji can be found in Maharaj.

nonsensicle arguments.

Please revise.

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean by that?? This further illustrates the point that I make above -

The Bani was revealed to Kabir and forms part of his substantial holy book referred to as the Granthvali. Sections of Kabir’s bani are repeated in the SGGSJi. It is the Sikhs who claim that you can only be a liberated Sikh upon taking Kandeh dhar Amrit and yet this is not supported by the scriptures of non Sikh contributors, (even if you claim it is supported in the Bani of the Gurus).

So who is twisting whose religion / scriptures??

mann_kaum_layee_qurbaan

Outside of sikhi, people can do what they want, they can have a plant as a guru for all sikhs care.

People outside of sikhi have no right to lecture sikhs on who their master's can be.

You do your thing and let sikhs do their thing.

I am merely responding to claims by Sikhs. With that thought in mind remember it is Sikhs;

who disrupt our meetings. In the 1980’s in Derby I think, an unarmed sevak for no reason at all had his nose half sliced off with a sword attack. No doubt that Sikh will be receiving a gold medal from the Guru.

sher_panjabi

'Baani Guru, Guru hai Baani. Vich Baani Amrit saarey…

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar [God's Name] is contained.' [Ang 982]

But of course the Bani is the Guru, after all it is a revelation of God. The Ambrosial Nectar is realised by some through kirtan.

That is not the issue here.

The question in play is where does Naam come from? Naam that enables us to attach ourselves to the subtle ‘Unhad Bani’ (the manifestation of Shabad Guru). Historically, it has come from Living Saints. Sikhs claim that for them it comes from the SGGSJi and accuse others of being fake, pakandi and all the rest of the garbage. But the onus is on Sikhs to explain why the opposite is stated in the SGGSJi??

The position of Sikhs can only be explained by misinterpreting words like Sadhu, Sadh & Sant etc.

Pakandi Baba

Hilarious is your utter ignorance. I tell you what, let me re-read a section of history to you with your blissful blinkered ignorance.

The 10th Guru said that he will make ‘One fight against Sava Lakh’, yet when he left Anandpur and was attacked he barely managed to save himself. It is ironic is it not to claim the strength of lions and yet not be prepared to go back and even save members of your own family, let alone your followers’. How can anyone claim faith in such an individual??

I think you get the point.

Guru Fateh.

Naam is not "given" as you keep pointing out. Naam is not some tangible thing handed from a "sadhu" to a devotee. Naam is the essence of God. It is inside all of us. God is alakh, apaar, agam, agochar" infinte, indescribable, unfathomable. Anything which is an essence of God has the same guns or attributes of God, which are infinite. How could a sadhu give you this essence of God? This gift, this "naam" is not given, it is experienced, it is lived, it is felt.

What separates us from Naam, Gurbaani says Ego. What conquers ego? Baani says Haumai sabad jalai, the shabad destroys ego. So Naam is the ultimate reality, which is God, found through killing the ego through shabad guru. None of this happens without God's Grace or Kirpa. shabad guru is what destroys ego so why not go to the cure for ego which separates us from Naam,, Satnaam, rather than to a sadhu?

No where in all of this is the need for a "sadhu" Holy people do not give "naam" holy people point us towards God, not towards themselves.

And you say sadhu means someone who has done bhagati. well what does sri guru granth sahib say is sachi bhagati, or true devotion?

Sachi bhagti, man tan arap. True devotion is to offer the mind and body. To whom, to a sadhu, who is going to perish one day like all of us? No, offer your mind and body to akaal purakh, who never dies and is ever present.

Where does all this giaan come from? From a sadhu? No, from shabad guru sri guru granth sahib ji.

if your here for a serious debate then please do vichaar on these shabads:

nwnk kI Ardwis hY sc nwim suhylw ] (421-11, Awsw, mÚ 1)

naanak kee ardaas hai sach naam suhaylaa.

This is Nanak's prayer, that he may be adorned with the True Name.

Awpu gieAw soJI peI gur sbdI mylw ]1] rhwau ] (421-12, Awsw, mÚ 1)

aap ga-i-aa sojhee pa-ee gur sabdee maylaa. ||1|| rahaa-o.

When self-conceit is eradicated, and understanding is obtained, one meets the Lord, through the Word of the Guru's Shabad. ||1||Pause||

ijnI Awqmu cIinAw prmwqmu soeI ] (421-16, Awsw, mÚ 1)

jinee aatam cheeni-aa parmaatam so-ee.

Those who understand their own souls, are themselves the Supreme Soul.

eyko AMimRq ibrKu hY Plu AMimRqu hoeI ]6] (421-16, Awsw, mÚ 1)

ayko amrit birakh hai fal amrit ho-ee. ||6||

The One Lord is the tree of ambrosial nectar, which bears the ambrosial fruit. ||6||

AMimRq Plu ijnI cwiKAw sic rhy AGweI ] (421-17, Awsw, mÚ 1)

amrit fal jinee chaakhi-aa sach rahay aghaa-ee.

Those who taste the ambrosial fruit remain satisfied with Truth.

iqMnw Brmu n Bydu hY hir rsn rsweI ]7] (421-17, Awsw, mÚ 1)

tinnaa bharam na bhayd hai har rasan rasaa-ee. ||7||

They have no doubt or sense of separation - their tongues taste the divine taste. ||7||

fateh!

nwm ibnw sBu jgu baurwnw sbdy haumY mwrI ] (568-19, vfhMsu, mÚ 3)

naam binaa sabh jag ba-uraanaa sabday ha-umai maaree.

Without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, the whole world is insane; through the Shabad, the ego is conquered.

swcY sbid lwig miq aupjY gurmuiK nwmu sohwgo ] (568-19, vfhMsu, mÚ 3)

saachai sabad laag mat upjai gurmukh naam sohaago.

Attached to the True Word of the Shabad, wisdom comes forth. The Gurmukh obtains the Naam, the Name of the Husband Lord.

nwnk sbid imlY Bau BMjnu hir rwvY msqik Bwgo ]3] (569-1, vfhMsu, mÚ 3)

naanak sabad milai bha-o bhanjan har raavai mastak bhaago. ||3||

O Nanak, through the Shabad, one meets the Lord, the Destroyer of fear, and by the destiny written on her forehead, she enjoys Him. ||3||

KyqI vxju sBu hukmu hY hukmy mMin vifAweI rwm ] (569-1, vfhMsu, mÚ 3)

khaytee vanaj sabh hukam hai hukmay man vadi-aa-ee raam.

All farming and trading is by Hukam of His Will; surrendering to the Lord's Will, glorious greatness is obtained.

gurmqI hukmu bUJIAY hukmy myil imlweI rwm ] (569-2, vfhMsu, mÚ 3)

gurmatee hukam boojhee-ai hukmay mayl milaa-ee raam.

Under Guru's Instruction, one comes to understand the Lord's Will, and by His Will, he is united in His Union.

hukim imlweI shij smweI gur kw sbdu Apwrw ] (569-2, vfhMsu, mÚ 3)

hukam milaa-ee sahj samaa-ee gur kaa sabad apaaraa.

By His Will, one merges and easily blends with Him. The Shabads of the Guru are incomparable.

scI vifAweI gur qy pweI scu svwrxhwrw ] (569-3, vfhMsu, mÚ 3)

sachee vadi-aa-ee gur tay paa-ee sach savaaranhaaraa.

Through the Guru, true greatness is obtained, and one is embellished with Truth.

Bau BMjnu pwieAw Awpu gvwieAw gurmuiK myil imlweI ] (569-3, vfhMsu, mÚ 3)

bha-o bhanjan paa-i-aa aap gavaa-i-aa gurmukh mayl milaa-ee.

He finds the Destroyer of fear, and eradicates his self-conceit; as Gurmukh, he is united in His Union.

khu nwnk nwmu inrMjnu Agmu Agocru hukmy rihAw smweI ]4]2] (569-4, vfhMsu, mÚ 3)

kaho naanak naam niranjan agam agochar hukmay rahi-aa samaa-ee. ||4||2||

Says Nanak, the Name of the immaculate, inaccessible, unfathomable Commander is permeating and pervading everywhere. ||4||2||

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLease do vichaar on this shabad.

This is for all Naamdharis, Nirankaris, Darshan Dasis, etc who exploit the Sikh concept of Naam:

Awsw mhlw 3 ] (427-9)

aasaa mehlaa 3.

Aasaa, Third Mehl:

sB nwvY no locdI ijsu ik®pw kry so pwey ] (427-9, Awsw, mÚ 3)

sabh naavai no lochdee jis kirpaa karay so paa-ay.

Everyone longs for the Name, but he alone receives it, unto whom the Lord shows His Mercy.

ibnu nwvY sBu duKu hY suKu iqsu ijsu mMin vswey ]1] (427-10, Awsw, mÚ 3)

bin naavai sabh dukh hai sukh tis jis man vasaa-ay. ||1||

Without the Name, there is only pain; he alone obtains peace, whose mind is filled with the Name. ||1||

qUM byAMqu dieAwlu hY qyrI srxweI ] (427-10, Awsw, mÚ 3)

tooN bay-ant da-i-aal hai tayree sarnaa-ee.

You are infinite and merciful; I seek Your Sanctuary.

gur pUry qy pweIAY nwmy vifAweI ]1] rhwau ] (427-11, Awsw, mÚ 3)

gur pooray tay paa-ee-ai naamay vadi-aa-ee. ||1|| rahaa-o.

From the Perfect Guru, the glorious greatness of the Naam is obtained. ||1||Pause||

AMqir bwhir eyku hY bhu ibiD isRsit aupweI ] (427-11, Awsw, mÚ 3)

antar baahar ayk hai baho biDh sarisat upaa-ee.

Inwardly and outwardly, there is only the One Lord. He has created the world, with its many varieties.

hukmy kwr krwiedw dUjw iksu khIAY BweI ]2] (427-12, Awsw, mÚ 3)

hukmay kaar karaa-idaa doojaa kis kahee-ai bhaa-ee. ||2||

According to the Order of His Will, He makes us act. What else can we talk about, O Siblings of Destiny? ||2||

buJxw AbuJxw quDu kIAw ieh qyrI isir kwr ] (427-12, Awsw, mÚ 3)

bujh-naa abujh-naa tuDh kee-aa ih tayree sir kaar.

Knowledge and ignorance are all your making; You have control over these.

iekn@w bKisih myil lYih ieik drgh mwir kFy kUiVAwr ]3] (427-13, Awsw, mÚ 3)

iknHaa bakhsihi mayl laihi ik dargeh maar kadhay koorhi-aar. ||3||

Some, You forgive, and unite with Yourself; while others, the wicked, you strike down and drive out of Your Court. ||3||

ieik Duir pivq pwvn hih quDu nwmy lwey ] (427-13, Awsw, mÚ 3)

ik Dhur pavit paavan heh tuDh naamay laa-ay.

Some, from the very beginning, are pure and pious; You attach them to Your Name.

gur syvw qy suKu aUpjY scY sbid buJwey ]4] (427-14, Awsw, mÚ 3)

gur sayvaa tay sukh oopjai sachai sabad bujhaa-ay. ||4||

Serving the Guru, peace wells up; through the True Word of the Shabad, one comes to understand. ||4||

ieik kucl kucIl ivKlI pqy nwvhu Awip KuAwey ] (427-14, Awsw, mÚ 3)

ik kuchal kucheel vikhlee patay naavhu aap khu-aa-ay.

Some are crooked, filthy and vicious; the Lord Himself has led them astray from the Name.

nw En isiD n buiD hY n sMjmI iPrih auqvqwey ]5] (427-15, Awsw, mÚ 3)

naa on siDh na buDh hai na sanjmee fireh utvataa-ay. ||5||

They have no intuition, no understanding and no self-discipline; they wander around delirious. ||5||

ndir kry ijsu AwpxI iqs no BwvnI lwey ] (427-15, Awsw, mÚ 3)

nadar karay jis aapnee tis no bhaavnee laa-ay.

He grants faith to those whom He has blessed with His Glance of Grace.

squ sMqoKu ieh sMjmI mnu inrmlu sbdu suxwey ]6] (427-16, Awsw, mÚ 3)

sat santokh ih sanjmee man nirmal sabad sunaa-ay. ||6||

This mind finds truth, contentment and self-discipline, hearing the Immaculate Word of the Shabad. ||6||

lyKw piV n phUcIAY kiQ khxY AMqu n pwie ] (427-16, Awsw, mÚ 3)

laykhaa parh na pahoochee-ai kath kahnai ant na paa-ay.

By reading books, one cannot reach Him; by speaking and talking, His limits cannot be found.

gur qy kImiq pweIAY sic sbid soJI pwie ]7] (427-17, Awsw, mÚ 3)

gur tay keemat paa-ee-ai sach sabad sojhee paa-ay. ||7||

Through the Guru, His value is found; through the True Word of the Shabad, understanding is obtained. ||7||

iehu mnu dyhI soiD qUM gur sbid vIcwir ] (427-17, Awsw, mÚ 3)

ih man dayhee soDh tooN gur sabad veechaar.

So reform this mind and body, by contemplating the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

nwnk iesu dyhI ivic nwmu inDwnu hY pweIAY gur kY hyiq Apwir ]8]10]32] (427-18, Awsw, mÚ 3)

naanak is dayhee vich naam niDhaan hai paa-ee-ai gur kai hayt apaar. ||8||10||32||

O Nanak, within this body is the treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord; it is found through the Love of the Infinite Guru. ||8||10||32||

mann_kaum_layee_qurbaan

Naam not a tangible thing

Which is why I say in my post above that the Naam from the Sadhu / Sant enables us to attach to the Unhad Bani which is the infinite Naam you are referring to. In once sense you are right in that the Sadhu points to the Agam Naam, but how? Not by sticking up signposts – but blessing the Bhagat with a Shabad or also referred to as Guru Mantar.

GuruBani speaks of Naam in these two ways and recognises the role of the Sadhu / Sant and God. Both have a role to play. Sant get us to Jap Naam and God gives us Mukhti.

Firstly – Spoken Naam given by the Sadhu

‘Kabir Seva meh Dhoeh (both) Bhaleh, Ik Sant, Ik Ram (God)

Ram joh Dhatah Mukhat Koh, Sant JAPAVAN Naam’

This is a reference to the tangible Naam, because the Sadhu cannot get us to Jap on the Agam Naam. That is something we achieve through our own devotion. The Sadhu Naam is the first rung of the ladder. Through regular meditation on this, you attach yourself to the Unhad Bani (the final rung of the ladder)

Secondly – Infinite Naam

This is at times referred to as Unhad Bani. Because it is Divine Melodious Sound. It does not have a form but is perceived by the Soul through regular devotion or contemplation on the tangible Naam. You are right this is already within all of us, but to activate it we require the Guru Manter from one who is already attached.

The Perishable

Of course the Sadhu dies. In the World of five elements, nothing is stable. The Sikh Gurus are also not around today, the physical form of the SGGSJi also comes to pass. The physical self is merely a point of focus that leads to attachment to the Jyort to which the Gurus were attached and to which a Perfect Sant Mahapurash is also attached. This is the proper way to understand the Gurus. It is the Jyort that is the Guru not the physical body.

Sachi Bhagtee

Again the devotion is to the Jyort. The physical form is merely a beacon to a stricken ship. Otherwise, we must accept that those Sikhs who showed utter devotion to the Sikh Gurus wasted their time, simply because they are not around today.

In conclusion, we are back to the original question, do we misread words like Sadhu or do we read the the Guru Bani to understand that it recognises the two roles. That of a Sadhu and that of God. The choice is yours.

What is Sachi Bhagtee

In answer to your question and with regards to the passages you quote – (p427 -9)

Sachee Bhagtee is Unadulterated Devotion. Just as a virgin bride celebrates her Sahaag at the feet of her Husband, the Soul Bride celebrates her union with her Beloved Creator.

‘Atam moheh Parmathma, perah (feet) Sath Sadah Sahaagan’ To achieve this union we must be prepared to do the ultimate battle, not with unarmed people outside, but with the Universal Enemy (the Mind and its Henchmen).

This is how we must demonstrate Warriorhood. Hence, ‘Bhagtee Kareh Koi Soormah, Jaath Varn Kul Koe, Khamee, Khrodee, Lalchee, Inseh Bhagtee Nah Hohee’

Exploitation of Sikh Naam

Firstly, Naam is mentioned in the Banis of Non Sikh Saints that forms part of the SGGSJi. The SGGSJi was not around for them to be able to take advantage of Satnaam, so ask yourself where did they get their Naam from??

Secondly, the Scriptures state that

‘Shabad Durtee, Shabad Akas, Shabad Shabad Bhaya Bharkas’

(Apologies if I misstate the words in the above line), what this is saying is that all of creation emanates from the Shabad (Infinite Naam). Since this was around at the dawn of time, how can anyone be exploiting the Sikh religion.

WaheGuru Je Ka Khalsa

WaheGuru Je Ke Fateh