no she is right....but hey check my new logic out...tell me this much WHAT DOES THE HUMAN GURU DO? tell me plz gawnnnnn lets see if ur knowledge is up to scratch...how does he help u meet god? gawn tell me PLZZZZZ ill even give u a hint "what does HE clear"

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for once you've made a comment worth responding too...

"umm how can a human body help u meet god anyway? Only guru shabad can...its quite simple if u apply logic to it"

A guru in a human form is ur link with God...thru Naam Shabd. where do u get this naam shabd??? thru a GURU only. this highlighted thru out the Gurbani. 

...simple logic.

161736[/snapback]

Misskuar. I'm going to ask you something outright.

Are you a folower of Darshan Das, or have any alliegience with Darshan Das or their followers?

hmmm, sorry I'm a lil behind here, is this Darshan Das the same one that comes on the Aasthaa Chanel fingy?????????????  :lol:

161842[/snapback]

khalsa fateh

lol....read the post from the start...the dude that comes on aashta is his son...he himself was shot dead.

fateh

• 4 weeks later...

Well I must say that some of these replies are interesting, but most are trash not worth replying to. Let me pick on a few points -

Firstly the assertion that Naam comes from SGGSJi, namely WaheGuru and for that reason there is no need for a living master. If that is the case then why is the opposite stated in the Sukhmani Sahib - '..Prahbu kirpal kirpa kareh, Naam Nanak Sadhu Sang Mileh'...

A Sadhu is a living master. Oh I have heard the arguments that such words should be read as referring to the Sangat when in plural and God when in Singular. But nobody explains why??

As for Darshan Das only taking from the SGGSJi and not having anything of his own, has anybody actually taken the time to read His written material?? No need to reply cuz we all know the answer. His writings contain much in the way of divine knowledge some of which is not to be found outside.

But by the same token, Hindus can surely argue that Sikhs have nothing original of their own - E.g. Singh taken from Vishnu Avatar NarSingh, the word Khalsa first appears in the bani of saint Kabir, SGGSJi substantially made up of scriptures from Non Sikh contributors. THe point is that anyone can be cynical and ignorent for such is the bliss of ignorence.

Firstly the assertion that Naam comes from SGGSJi, namely WaheGuru and for that reason there is no need for a living master. If that is the case then why is the opposite stated in the Sukhmani Sahib - '..Prahbu kirpal kirpa kareh, Naam Nanak Sadhu Sang Mileh'...

SGGS ji is the living guru of the sikhs. Khalsa panth is the living image of Dasam Pita. Guru panth and Guru Granth. This is the base of sikhism.

Living masters are fine, for non-sikhs. Nirankaris, naamdharis, radha swamis, and you guyz, all have your living "gurus," masters, etc which is all fine and dandy but when these people identify themselves with sikhs, that's when trouble arises. when people use quotes from gurbaani to justify living "masters" it doesn't sit well with a religion which does not believe in such things. you can't ignore a million references by guru sahib saying that baani is guru. baani was guru from the beginning and that is why you have the baani of bhagat kabir ji etc. people ignorant of sikhi are the ones who don't realize that shabad guru is the "master" guru from the beginning.

In sikhi no one is equal to the living guru sri guru granth sahib ji maharaj. Sikhs do not call any "master" maharaj. Their living guru sri guru granth sahib ji maharj.

outside of sikhi, people can do what they want, they can have a plant as a guru for all sikhs care.

People outside of sikhi have no right to lecture sikhs on who their master's can be.

you do your thing and let sikhs do their thing.

peace.

:lol: @ Ok, Darshan Das is no different to this lame guy Dassan Das from the satnamm cult. Darshan Das used to hold his congregation at Dormers Wells High School in Southall. I used to live in Southall when this all happened. He made claims that he was immortal and could never be killed, what an <banned word filter activated>. By this time his followers were increasing in number due to mainly stupid individuals who had some sort of problem in their life. Thankfully two Singhs (Rajinder Singh and Manjit singh) had the courage to take his claims directly to him and shot him in front of his so called followers. Needless to say that they found out that he was not God, neither immortal. Rajinder Singh and Manjit singh should definetly be remembered for this as they had sacrificed their day to day lives in the sake of our future.

In my opinion the same fate should occur to the guy from the satnaam cult. You see, again it will be those people who have some sort of problem in their life i.e a death in the family believing for some reason that they have bad luck etc, who will fall foul of self claimed sants/baba and they themselves will prey on such people. It should be made aware to the youth(especially so as satnaam seems to be focusing on our youngsters) and the elders of what is going on. Act before it is too late, stand up and be heard.

If any of the above has already been said then I am sorry, but there are so many replies, I just wanted to contribute to this important discussion. :TH:

:lol: @ Ok, Darshan Das is no different to this lame guy Dassan Das from the satnamm cult. Darshan Das used to hold his congregation at Dormers Wells High School in Southall. I used to live in Southall when this all happened. He made claims that he was immortal and could never be killed, what an <banned word filter activated>. By this time his followers were increasing in number due to mainly stupid individuals who had some sort of problem in their life. Thankfully two Singhs (Rajinder Singh and Manjit singh) had the courage to take his claims directly to him and shot him in front of his so called followers. Needless to say that they found out that he was not God, neither immortal. Rajinder Singh and Manjit singh should definetly be remembered for this as they had sacrificed their day to day lives in the sake of our future.

In my opinion the same fate should occur to the guy from the satnaam cult. You see, again it will be those people who have some sort of problem in their life i.e a death in the family believing for some reason that they have bad luck etc, who will fall foul of self claimed sants/baba and they themselves will prey on such people. It should be made aware to the youth(especially so as satnaam seems to be focusing on our youngsters) and the elders of what is going on. Act before it is too late, stand up and be heard.

If any of the above has already been said then I am sorry, but there are so many replies, I just wanted to contribute to this important discussion. :TH:

Don't wanna go off topic too much but I've heard about the satnaam cult guy-Narinder Grewal.

In fact there was a video of him made at his residence in toronto area during '03.

He was sitting there with all these oldies and saying some messed up stuff about the Guru's (won't repeat). He got beaten up-saved from getting killed by the police. He apologised to the sangat but now he's over in the UK (luton i think) and I've heard he's going to start preaching his crap again. These dodgy babay are all the same, people are stupid for blindly following them.

Any more details on satnaam cult???

Don't wanna go off topic too much but I've heard about the satnaam cult guy-Narinder Grewal.

In fact there was a video of him made at his residence in toronto area during '03.

He was sitting there with all these oldies and saying some messed up stuff about the Guru's (won't repeat). He got beaten up-saved from getting killed by the police. He apologised to the sangat but now he's over in the UK (luton i think) and I've heard he's going to start preaching his crap again. These dodgy babay are all the same, people are stupid for blindly following them.

Any more details on satnaam cult???

yes please, me too, links please. What kind of "crap" was this Grewal guyu talking about??

A Sadhu is a living master. Oh I have heard the arguments that such words should be read as referring to the Sangat when in plural and God when in Singular. But nobody explains why??

As for Darshan Das only taking from the SGGSJi and not having anything of his own, has anybody actually taken the time to read His written material?? No need to reply cuz we all know the answer. His writings contain much in the way of divine knowledge some of which is not to be found outside.

But by the same token, Hindus can surely argue that Sikhs have nothing original of their own - E.g. Singh taken from Vishnu Avatar NarSingh, the word Khalsa first appears in the bani of saint Kabir, SGGSJi substantially made up of scriptures from Non Sikh contributors. THe point is that anyone can be cynical and ignorent for such is the bliss of ignorence.

I noticed you have a TV show on one of the asian channels. I came across it at my uncles house, and boy did we have a good laugh about what we had seen!

Darshan liked qwalian didn't he? How 'spritual' is that? Extremely spritual wouldn't you say!

Then after the attack on Darbar Sahib in 1984 he cut of his beard, what a bloody coward he was. Yes i can see how how a chap who's scared stiff can 'save' you (well he's dead now) but his son now will save you.

Your condemed to go to hell until you wake up and accept the the real Guru (Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji)

Would like to share a short article which daas has written regarding "GURUDOMS" using Baani of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

'SABH SIKHAN KO HUKHAM HAI,

GURU MANIYO GRANTH…

Every Sikh has an order, accept the [Guru] 'Granth' as your only Guru.'

Prakash_of_the_Guru-2005.07.19-17.34.01.jpg

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is the living light of the Ten Gurus.

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is the living spirit of the Ten Gurus.

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is the living voice of the Ten Gurus.

Some people say the Guru Granth Sahib Jee is a mere 'Holy Book'.

Some people say the Guru Granth Sahib Jee is mere ink and paper.

Some people say that you can't get enlightened through the words of Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

'Gurbani es ja mehe chaanan, karam vasai man aaye

Gurbani is the Light to illuminate this world; by His Grace, it comes to abide." [Ang 67]

Many fake God men use the verses of Gurbani to enlighten people, and yet call themselves the 'Guru'.

Many fake God men use the verse of Gurbani to explain the truth to people yet take the credit of being the 'Guru.

Many fake God men, look like Sikhs, and twist the words of Gurbani, to proclaim themselves as the 'Guru'.

Somebody's son moves from India to Canada.

He writes a letter to his family back home saying that he is in good health, got a job and not to worry.

The family a week later receive the letter and read it.

The family are in joy and celebrate the success of their son.

The family are in delighted and are happy that their son is well and healthy.

If someone was to say to the family, that why are you so happy, "you are only reading mere words"…

If someone was to say to the family, that why are so proud, "it is only a mere piece of paper"…

If someone was to say to the family, that your son cannot talk to you through "ink and paper"…

That person would have to be greatest fool, to think that the son has not communicated to the family because he cannot talk them through written words.

The message, which the letter gives, is of their son's.

The sweet words in the letter are of their son's.

The letter is, the son talking to his parents in the form of ink and paper.

Through Gurbani, Waheguru sent us a message.

Through Gurbani, Waheguru spoke to us.

Through Gurbani, Waheguru enlightened us.

'Baani Guru, Guru hai Baani. Vich Baani Amrit saarey

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar [God's Name] is contained.' [Ang 982]

A person who reads Gurbani to people cannot credit himself to be called 'Guru'.

A person who explains Gurbani to people cannot credit himself to be called 'Guru'.

A person who discusses Gurbani with people cannot credit himself to be called 'Guru'

Waheguru is the Formless and all pervading.

Through Guru Nanak Jee and the ten Gurus, Waheguru was revealed in the form of the spoken.

Through Gurbani and the Guru Granth Sahib Jee, Waheguru is revealed in the form of the written.

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is an eternal message.

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is an eternal Emperor.

The Guru Granth Sahib Jee is the eternal voice of Guru Nanak and Guru Gobind Singh Jee, forever.

'Vaaho, vaaho Baani Nirankaar hai, tis jevad avar naa koye…

Wonderful, wonderful is the Word, the Baani is the embodiment of the Formless Lord, There is no other as great as this.' (Ang 515)

Next time you go to the Gurdwara, and bow infront of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, will you be able to recognise the 'dasaa guru'aa di boldee aatma', the Ten Gurus living speaking soul?

Daas, Manvir Singh Khalsa

In response to respected veer ji and bhan ji,

I am not sure about where he is based, but lets not forget he had a narrow escape in Canada and would therefore anticipate a similar reaction here in the UK. He has been very clever by getting someone to set up a web site based around the cult. However, I will not promote his filth here. If you want to find this site it wont take you very long to stumble upon it. This time it seems he is trying to be more humble through his approach or should I say clever.

There is a lot of talk about a respected singh by the name of Harjit Lakhan falling foul to Narinder Grewal. I for one cannot say wheteher this is true or false. So treat this information accordingly. People have spoken about him running some website or egroup whereby he has a emailing list of a few thousand members. Do you see where this is going? If this guy has now become a follower of Narinder Grewal, then the implications are herendous.

Someone I know was offered to go to one of the cults meetings, but obviously turned it down, to quote the cult member said that its great you should come people levitate and stuff. Can you believe this nonsense. Anyway I too can make members of the cult levitate by picking them up and promptly then throwing them down to the ground.

If you want to know what Mr Loopy (Narinder Grewal) looks like, then again just search the net and you will see pictures of him taken from the video that veer ji was on about in Canada.

Remember if you think some of the above is harsh I have clearly stated the context of each point, but I take nothing back about Narinder wacko.gif Grewal.

Well I must say that some of these replies are interesting, but most are trash not worth replying to. Let me pick on a few points -

Firstly the quote is not from Sukhmani sahib, but approximately 50 angs before Sukhmani Sahib...This tells us how much knowledge you have of Gurbani

Secondly read the quote you have just quoted and then return. THe Quote is talking about SADH SANGAT, congregation. stop twisting Gurbani.

You want an explaination why? Go to Punjab University, University of Punjab, Punjabi University etc or other linguists and ask then why the Punjabi language is as it is.

Again, nonsensicle responses.

1- Nanakian philosophy (Gurmat) is completly different from Hindu mythology.. Just because Guru Ji used the word Singh -lion lol doesn't mean he copied it from an avtar of Vishnu. Jesus Christ, what's next - why was Guru Harkrishan Je's name Harkrishan.. the name probably exists in the vedas... does tha mean he's a vedist?

2- The bani of Bhagat Kabir Ji per say, is not in Guru Sahib.. Only Dhur Ki Bani by Gurdev Pita ji can be found in Maharaj.

nonsensicle arguments.

Please revise.

insane post by sher panjabi.

That was deep bro. your example reminded me of harbhajan mann's song "chitteyeh ni chitteyeh, hanjuaan naal likhiyeh" When i heard that song live at a concert a long long time ago, i saw old people around me get very emotional. if people get that emotional from a letter from their sons/kids, the words from waaheguru have to hit hard at the heart and soul.