Can U..........?

some singh

u wana be tyaar-bar-tyaar singh .. wear a dumaala 10-15 meters the ones they had in puraatan wars in the past .. wear it DAY AND NIGHT .. while sleeping as well .. put some shastyrs in ur dumaala .. in ur kamarkacha.. and that means wear ONLY bana (u cant fight in ur jeans etx.. it will resist movement) .. wear a chakar on ur dumalaa .. carry a long sword on u all the time .. etx..

tyaar-bar-tyaar ? .. learn gatka .. learn self-defence ..

where are you guys going ? seriously .. the word tyaar-bar-tyaar is soo loosely used nowadays.. you wana be tyaar bar tyaaar .. then do EVERYTHING that the gurus did in the past.. and not just one thing .. a dumaala ..

im sorry its not the dumaala that saves a singh .. its the simran/naam bani that saves the singh .. a sword can go through a turban/dumaala just like that !

u wana be tyaar bar tyaar .. do it mentally .. naam bani .. learn selfdefence.. have a strong mentality that in a war wit injustice, a sikh of the guru will prevail !

lastly .. tell me ..

u wana play hockey .. (im using this as an example cuz i know.. i wanted to go professional but i couldnt .. money issues etx..) ..

anyway .. your a goalie .. pucks/balls coming at you close to 70-90km/h or wat not from what ive been experiencing (not nhl .. lol) .. your telling me i can stand in front of those wit a dumaala .. now dont say yes to that .. please !

or you say i dont play hockey ..

have a life ! seriously .. sikhi is not about being strict.. is open to all possible entries .. this is NOT breaking any of them 'wrongful doings' for a sikh ..

i am sorry if i said anything in this as these were just my two cents..

bhul chuk maph .. pray.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bhenji

not everyone follows the same 'rehit' as the one you layed out there.. i myself try to follow it to as best as guru ji allows me to do .. i try my best .. and i only show guru sahib what i can do .. only his kirpa ..

wearing a tighter keski ? then someones gona say trim the size down .. go from 5 meters to 4 .. to 3 .. to 2 .. its all good .. just has to go around ur head at least once to be a keski ! seriously wat kind of mentality is that ? what will a keski do for you that a patka wont .. haahaha ..

for ppl tha tkno wme .. i wear a dastaar .. mine is 5 meteres .. sometimes i wear dumaalas (7 meteres+) .. i wear a loose keski at home sometimes or a patka .. i ONLY weara patka at hockey outside of the house !

next thing your gona say .. oh no you cant wear a helmet .. no no .. its not allowed..

seriously .. answer this for me .. then i will consider it ..

HOW DOES ME WEARING A PATKA TO A SPORT I LIKE TO PLAY EFFECT MY SIKHI !?! Will it decrease my naam bani/simran that i do ? Will it effect my thinking of sikhism ??

Yes bhenji .. sikhi comes before hockey .. but that doesnt mean u cant do it at all .. that doesnt mean keski is all and endall .. i dont believe keski is a kakkar ! i believe in it .. but not as a kakkar .. i dont bother trying to convince anyone its not either .. its upto him as it wont effect that other person that believes in it ! so either way .. its all good ..

anyway bhenji .. sorry if i targeted you ..

bhul chuk maph ..

so me wearing it just for hockey makes me not part of the khalsa ?

so me wearng it only then makes me breaking my rehat ?

it makes it harder for me to concentrate on naam bani ?

bhenji you can go wit wat ur instinct tells you to do .. watever you say will have no effect on me .. but i am cautious on the way more adn mre sangat will start to think after reading this thread.. may vaheguroo bless us all wit gursikhijeevan and the sharda to respect each others views !

bhul chuk maph .. d_oh.gif

pray.gif

Jaspaul singh is right-However the arguement is wrong if we are singhs that we should be following a set path...

as for keski- i aint sure so i do ardaas and keep both kes and keski on me...

as for putka-FLIPPIN hell ppl...if he has a need to wear a patka let the singh- his kes are covered and protected and are not Nunghe(bare) therefore youu lot are wating your time arguing wwhile simran that you could be doing is lost...

Thiyaar Barthiyaar- if you are only going to wear a dumalla there is no point bros and sisters...if you gunna take a step take a full step and not a lil stumble...i personally can't do this but for those of you who can go ahead!

singh sahibo-why are we fighting amongst ourselves- set your differnces aside and put yoursimilarities together...only then can we move forwards...please...a benti...from your lil bro... and for your Guru

lets unite and be one/ lets be khalse like our forefathers and foremothers...lets fight as one and lets keep contraversies outside of the place where maharaj resides-EVERYWHERE!

please forgive me for any mistakes i am a worm moorakh who is hooked on the 5 chor- so please sangat jee forgive me i am no-one to say this i have no sharda-but for those of you who do pllease use it to your advantage.

bhul chuk maaf jeee

i cant say sorry enough

daasn daas Inderpal Singh

...keski is a mandatory part of rehit, a patka and a gursikh dont go together, it looks funny to see someone with a flowing dhari and a patka. looks incomplete

155665[/snapback]

Gurfateh!!

This isnt my view just a quick point, im not sure if your AKJ or not but you're saying keski is compulsory? I was never specifically told by the Panj Piare that i should wear a dastaar, rather is more common sense. However i remember being told that a Gursikhs' Kes should always been covered and never revealed in public.

Eg; an amritdhari bhenji should either wear a chuni/dastaar/keski ie. whatever she feels comfortable in.

same applies for guys. I would normally try to wear a dastar or keski however, a Gursikh should not be limited to what they can do as Jaspaul Veer Ji is emphasising. I originally started to wear a 'patka' to go swimming as you can probably imagine the difficulty with a keski? Also for rugby as in a scrum even the tightest patka can come off however, if tight enough it will not and my hair will always be covered.

Even a dastaar cant guarentee that it will stay on, when i had my car crash last year, the force was strong enough to make my dastaar come off, and before any injuries were attended to, i considered the respect for my kes was my utmost importance, and luckily i had my patka in my car which i could quickly tie and cover my hair instead of being in shock and injured and trying to prevent my dastaar being on the motorway while i attemted to tie seven metres of material infront of a standstill motorway.

My point is: in most circumstances, a dastaar should be tied, but as Gursikhs we should be allowed to accommodate for abnormal situations and does that affect ones Sikhi??

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

The turban is important part of our faith. If you gonna wear anything besides turban, keeping the joora in its original shape is the important. Don't try to modify the way you tie the knot of your hair in order to adjust it with bandana or whatever you want to wear. Singhs who used to play sports couple of decades ago use to wear a patka (for ex. milkha singh) but not any cap or antyhing. In my view, you can wear patka (small kid daastar) in the event of sports. When i used play soccer for my high school team, i always wore patka on ground. Depends on you.. if you feel guilty then try to change to something. Enjoy but at the same time take care of sikhi ! We need singhs and kaurs in sports, so don't bring or EVEN think that sikhi restrict you in any form to play any sports :lol: