Reincarnation And The Soul..

bally.s

I'm pretty agnostic.

I love and agree with most of the things in Sikhi, but I dont fully understand how it defines the Soul and Reincartion.

I Define reincartion as...

Energy is never destroyed, always passed on.

e.g

when a person dies, if hes buried, his body will slowly rott and become a part of the soil, then a tree might come along and grow off that soil, the tree could be used for paper, or used to make a wooden table, then that could be burnt and used for fuel and so on, so that person or material, is re-created again and again.

Buuuutttt, I dont see how it has anything to do with karam? are the conseqences meant to be experinened in this life or the next?

What does Sikhi say?

And the Soul..What is it man, the conscience? heightened emotions? an energy?

Sorry if I offended anyone. :lol: But, I'd really appreciate some deep and meaningful views.

I'm pretty agnostic.

I love and agree with most of the things in Sikhi, but I dont fully understand how it defines the Soul and Reincartion.

e.g

when a person dies, if hes buried, his body will slowly rott and become a part of the soil, then a tree might come along and grow off that soil, the tree could be used for paper, or used to make a wooden table, then that could be burnt and used for fuel and so on, so that person or material, is re-created again and again.

Buuuutttt, I dont see how it has anything to do with karam? are the conseqences meant to be experinened in this life or the next?

What does Sikhi say?

And the Soul..What is it man,  the conscience? heightened emotions? an energy?

Sorry if I offended anyone. :cool:   But, I'd really appreciate some deep and meaningful views.

155688[/snapback]

Hi Bally,

Have you heard of the phrase "I think therefore I am"

The question is what is it that makes humans conscious of themselves and the environment around it. By conscious I mean, if you put an animal infront of a mirror it will either attack it or run away in fear. A human will examine that mirror....try it with a baby...........it is conscious and aware of itself.

Now that spark of consciousness, where do you think that comes from and goes? Does it fizzle out when we die? Does it become part of the cosmos? Does it goes into a higher dimension (heaven)?

Sikhi believes in the Spiritual and the Temporal. Once the Temporal side is finished, what happens to the sipirtual?

Sorry not to answer your question directly but these questions may give me some idea in what you believe.

you die

ure soul is passed into the court of dharam rai and judged

based on ure karams u either:

get a HORRIBLE joon like some nxt ant or something

u get a good life as a human if u good, get a chance to do bhagthee

and the ultimate goul of every soul

is to merge into god

which is achieved ni the human joon

by doing bhagthee and meditation on god

our soul merges into the creator

forever

we become one

bhula chuka maf

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI K I FATEH

I'm pretty agnostic.

Dont worry paaji... everyone goes through this phase of questioning about the existance of God once in their lifetime.

e.g

What does Sikhi say?

And the Soul..What is it man, the conscience? heightened emotions? an energy?

Sorry if I offended anyone.  But, I'd really appreciate some deep and meaningful views.

Karam... this is simply explained by the saying 'what goes round comes round' and a verse in Gurbani which has a simular meaning... 'what you sow, so you shall reap'.

Whats the soul?

The soul is the part of everyone which never dies... this body is temporary, once this body has died its died... but there will be part of you which will live forever, your soul.

So where does reincarnation fit into this?

The consequences of your karam (actions) in this life... will be in the next life...

A better way to think of this is of the Christian view of Heaven and Hell- Christians believe what they do in this life will decide where they go... Heaven or Hell...

Simulary in Sikhi we believe what we do in this life will affect where we go in the next life...

Mukti (this is simular to the Christian Heaven... being one with God... like droplets of water (humans) emerging in the ocean (God)... free from birth and death)

Or...

Reincarnation... this is like Hell to us... since we are away from God.

The best way to think of it is reincarnation- unlike the Christian Hell, gives us another chance to go to 'Heaven' again... whereas the Christian Hell is for eternal and there is no chance given again to meet God.

I hope that made sense.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Soul.

That is a good question and is open for argument.

One thing that makes me understand is that, we have a soul (atma in Punjabi)

and there is the Param-atma, i.e. the complete/supreme (not in hierachy supreme, but i hope you understand) soul.

We are all part of that parmatma.

I like to see it in three ways:

The light of the sun comes on all of us. We are seen. There is light coming on us. Are we the sun? No. Are we the light? No But is the light on/in us? it is.

Of an orange. The fat peel is our ego, and the delicate part inside of it is the soul. To reach that soul, that light, thta jyot, we need to get rid of the peel. It is the peel that is preventing us from getting to th delicate.

Going back to the part about atma and paramatma, Gurbani says

Man tu jyot saroop hai apna mool pachan.

Gurbani is so wonderful, so sweet. Let's have a look what it says:

Oh my mind, you are the soul (the light), recognize your origin.

The word mool means origin. Interestingly enough the 'mool-mantar' (description of God), tells me that the word 'mool', not only means origin but also GOD!

That makes a huge difference:

Oh my mind, you are the soul, recognize your origin/God.

Double and wonderful usage of the word Mool by Guru Ji. Not only should we recognize our origin, but also recognize that God IS our origin. We are all part of God, yet our ego is stopping us from meeting that Vaheguru

O my mind, you are the embodiment of the Divine Light - recognize your own origin.

O my mind, the Dear Lord is with you; through the Guru's Teachings, enjoy His Love.

Acknowledge your origin, and then you shall know your Husband Lord, and so understand death and birth.

By Guru's Grace, know the One; then, you shall not love any other.

Peace comes to the mind, and gladness resounds; then, you shall be acclaimed.

Thus says Nanak: O my mind, you are the very image of the Luminous Lord; recognize the true origin of your self. ||5||

Raamkalee, Fifth Mehl, Chhant:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

Friend, my Friend - standing so near to me is my Friend!Beloved, the Lord my Beloved - with my eyes, I have seen the Lord, my Beloved!

With my eyes I have seen Him, sleeping upon the bed within each and every heart; my Beloved is the sweetest ambrosial nectar.

He is with all, but he cannot be found; the fool does not know His taste.

Intoxicated with the wine of Maya, the mortal babbles on about trivial affairs; giving in to the illusion, he cannot meet the Lord.

Says Nanak, without the Guru, he cannot understand the Lord, the Friend who is standing near everyone. ||1||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...D=3377&Format=2

Which are these eyes? Are they these physical eyes? No. This is the jyot, the soul. The thing that exists within you, within everyone else on the planet.

Bhull chukk maaf

Soul.

That is a good question and is open for argument.

One thing that makes me understand is that, we have a soul (atma in Punjabi)

and there is the Param-atma, i.e. the complete/supreme (not in hierachy supreme, but i hope you understand) soul.

We are all part of that parmatma.

I like to see it in three ways:

The light of the sun comes on all of us. We are seen. There is light coming on us. Are we the sun? No. Are we the light? No But is the light on/in us? it is.

Of an orange. The fat peel is our ego, and the delicate part inside of it is the soul. To reach that soul, that light, thta jyot, we need to get rid of the peel. It is the peel that is preventing us from getting to th delicate.

Going back to the part about atma and paramatma, Gurbani says

Man tu jyot saroop hai apna mool pachan.

Gurbani is so wonderful, so sweet. Let's have a look what it says:

Oh my mind, you are the soul (the light), recognize your origin.

The word mool means origin. Interestingly enough the 'mool-mantar' (description of God), tells me that the word 'mool', not only means origin but also GOD!

That makes a  huge difference:

Oh my mind, you are the soul, recognize your origin/God.

Double and wonderful usage of the word Mool by Guru Ji. Not only should we recognize our origin, but also recognize that God IS our origin. We are all part of God, yet our ego is stopping us from meeting that Vaheguru

O my mind, you are the embodiment of the Divine Light - recognize your own origin.

O my mind, the Dear Lord is with you; through the Guru's Teachings, enjoy His Love.

Acknowledge your origin, and then you shall know your Husband Lord, and so understand death and birth.

By Guru's Grace, know the One; then, you shall not love any other.

Peace comes to the mind, and gladness resounds; then, you shall be acclaimed.

Thus says Nanak: O my mind, you are the very image of the Luminous Lord; recognize the true origin of your self. ||5||

Raamkalee, Fifth Mehl, Chhant:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

Friend, my Friend - standing so near to me is my Friend!Beloved, the Lord my Beloved - with my eyes, I have seen the Lord, my Beloved!

With my eyes I have seen Him, sleeping upon the bed within each and every heart; my Beloved is the sweetest ambrosial nectar.

He is with all, but he cannot be found; the fool does not know His taste.

Intoxicated with the wine of Maya, the mortal babbles on about trivial affairs; giving in to the illusion, he cannot meet the Lord.

Says Nanak, without the Guru, he cannot understand the Lord, the Friend who is standing near everyone. ||1||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...D=3377&Format=2

Which are these eyes? Are they these physical eyes? No. This is the jyot, the soul. The thing that exists within you, within everyone else on the planet.

Bhull chukk maaf

156507[/snapback]

Cracking Post.... :wub: One for the archive.