Confused Bhenji Here

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

wjkk wjkf

i jus want to ask this question as somebody said somthing to me and its been playing on my mind...i dont want to start any big arguements or anything or offend anyone... i know nothing compared to others on this forum.. so please forgive me if my question may sound stuupid!?

why do we wear the kakkars..yet theres no mention of them in our Guru Granth Sahib Ji...?

i havent done much research myself, but i was hoping that some one would clear this up for me please

i would ultimately love to take amrit but i want to be 110% sure that i no the reasons so i can b confident to answer questions - i want do it properly with all my heart - with no doubts

thank you soo much in advance

forgive me for any mistakes

your confused bhenji

wjkk wjkf

i'll just state the purpose & significance of the kakkars to keep this short & sweet:-

Kesh/Keshki---Keep your hair to retain the natural look the Lord gave you, wear your keski to keep this gift of hair neat & in presentable condition so people on the street don't view you as someone uncouth with your hair in a mess etc.

Kanga---To keep your hair neat by combing it twice daily minimum.There's bits & pieces of info floating around that it maintains your chakra but thats from a yoga standpoint, you can check it out yourself if you're interested.

Kara---To remind you of the universality of the Lord & to keep you in control of your actions.

Kaccherra---To remind you that as a Sikh, you have to be modest & respectable at all times. It's also serves a practical purpose,for example, during wartime because it's easier to engage in combat with your bana & kaccherra rather than follow the typical Indian style of wearing dhoti coz that's rather impractical & inconvenient as it slows one down.

Kirpaan--- For defense purposes....defending yourself against attacks, a reminder that you as a Sikh should never stand for injustice & should defend the down-trodden & those in need of assistance.

**5K's aren't mentioned in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee because it was our Dasam Pita who initiated this order....and the bachan(instructions) of our dasam pita was not included in the final copy of SGGS jee when it was compiled in the 1700s at Damdama Sahib. We wear the 5K's because it's a hukam from Guru Sahib & as His children, we should comply with His instructions**

Hope it's helped you.

Guest Guest101
wjkk wjkf

i jus want to ask this question as somebody said somthing to me and its been playing on my mind...i dont want to start any big arguements or anything or offend anyone... i know nothing compared to others on this forum.. so please forgive me if my question may sound stuupid!?

why do we wear the kakkars..yet theres no mention of them in our Guru Granth Sahib Ji...?

i havent done much research myself, but i was hoping that some one would clear this up for me please

i would ultimately love to take amrit but i want to be 110% sure that i no the reasons so i can b confident to answer questions - i want do it properly with all my heart - with no doubts

thank you soo much in advance

forgive me for any mistakes

your confused bhenji

wjkk wjkf

155926[/snapback]

Have a read: http://sikhism.com/books/teachingtheyouth/...essarytoday.htm

Guest Guest

Sat Sri Akal:

The following five K's are the mark of Sikhi.These five can never be parted from the body. Kara, Kirpan, Kashera, Kangha, recognise these as four of them.The fifth is Kesh, without which the other four are useless. There are also four H's which must be avoided. Understand this without any doubt, no lies have been told. Hukka, taking tobacco (including any other type of intoxicants). Hajamat, removing of hair. Halalo, eating meat. Haram, adultery (sexual relationships outside of marriage). These are the four H's. Dyeing of beards (including any other body hair), and the wearing of mehndi (including other types of make up) are strictly forbidden. (Sri Dasam Granth)

http://www.damdamitaksal.com/lit_basicsfivek.htm

hey change your signature from "confused bhenji" to "insightful bhenji". Your question is valid, intelligent and necessary.

our guru is the guru granth and the guru panth. kakkars are gifted to us by the guru panth at its very inception.

i've heard punjabi proclaiming sikhi suggest that there is no mention in the guru granth sahib.

there is no mention in the guru granth sahib about wearing a suit and tie for professionals or business people, aka the monkey suit, but we do it religously.