Different Meaning In English, Punjabi Of Same Tuk

tkkookar

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fatehh

Reading english translations and punjabi translation from [www.gurugranthdarpan.com ] totally different meaning .. like in english it is says for mandaa brahmanda like universes galaxies and solar system .. but totally different meaning in punjabi translations what is the difference between bind and bund .. maath pithaa sa(n)jog oupaaeae rakath bi(n)dh mil pi(n)dd karae || 1013

and jal kee bheeth pavan kaa thha(n)bhaa rakath bu(n)dh kaa gaaraa || 659

and for the orbit

cha(n)dh sooraj dhue firadhae rakheeahi nihachal hovai thhaao || 142

but in that punjabi translation it is not saying anything about orbit

http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/0142.html

just curious .. people who do the translation from where they can get the dictionary i mean what particular gurmukhi word means?

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fatehh

Reading english translations and punjabi translation from [www.gurugranthdarpan.com ] totally different meaning .. like in english it is says for mandaa brahmanda like universes galaxies and solar system .. but totally different meaning in punjabi translations what is the difference between bind and bund .. maath pithaa sa(n)jog oupaaeae rakath bi(n)dh mil pi(n)dd karae || 1013

and jal kee bheeth pavan kaa thha(n)bhaa rakath bu(n)dh kaa gaaraa || 659

and for the orbit

cha(n)dh sooraj dhue firadhae rakheeahi nihachal hovai thhaao || 142

but in that punjabi translation it is not saying anything about orbit

http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/0142.html

just curious .. people who do the translation from where they can get the dictionary i mean what particular gurmukhi word means?

156005[/snapback]

This problem my friend has been as massive issue. I have come across one line of the Guru Granth Sahib ji and it has been translated in several different ways. I alaways insist on the Gurmookhi (translitration), next to the the english meaning.

If you do a search for Punjabi into English dictionary online you will find plenty.

Thanks

where did you read english translation, my guess is srigranth.org, if yes they have some wrong translation.

As far as gurugranthdarpan.com is concerned it is by Professor Sahib singh and are fairly accurate.

Go to srigranth.org according to them "sochai soch na hova-ee jay sochee lakh vaar."

means

"By thinking, He cannot be reduced to thought, even by thinking hundreds of thousands of times. "

which is wrong as it this paudi is about holy baths that people take in various holy places like varansi, Haridawar ( aslo applicable to sikhs who take holy baths at amritsar)

just my opinion, other may see diferently...

I think english is probably the hardest language for any thing to be translated into. English is such a nix up of other languages, the result is alot of confusion. some of the older languages are more easlity translated into.

BTW tkkookar, is sikhitothemax the correct translation of the SGGS??

I really dont think that is the reason i.e. translation in english is difficult cause if a person doesnt understand the orginal concept he will simply write wrong, no matter what language he uses.

I have given an example above, how they have translated in a line in Japji Sahib , It is not that they chose wrong words.It is simply that srigranth.org has come up it a wrong interpretation.

i need help to understand this tuk here ..

tuk is

sYl pQr mih jMq aupwey qw kw irjku AwgY kir DirAw [ang 10]

english meaning is

created the living beings, and He places before them their sustenance. ||1

but punjabi meaning is something else ..

http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/0010.html

in this tuk .. professor ji is talking about jeev .. jede chattana vich peda kitte .. in rocks or stones not from right ?

Professor Sahib Singh was the one who began and completed the teekah of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. His teekah is done without any alignments to any dera or jatha and are done according to Gurmat according to whatever power Guru Ji gave him. He was sick but he somehow managed to complete the teekah and died shortly after it. The teekah he did is the best one available.

Hi Guys,

I bought a fairly good translation in four volumes from Amritsar in four Volumes....I think it was by a Dr Chahal. Very good and very well presented.

People all translations have some flaws. www.srigranth.org is still a pretty good site but you must read the Gurmookhi text next to it to follow the meaning.

Let me give you an example.

The word "Jaat or Zaat" is always translated as caste, however this is not strictly true. Jaat can mean race and creed. In certain context it can even refer to a gender type. So use you academic discernement and treat ALL translations with a pinch of salt.