Jakara Meeting

DhadiMania

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good question individually you will not stand a chance to change their ways united.gif if there was a meeting of the youth from all surrounding area in CA and other places then we will be the begining of the end for them, is there a guru ka sikh in that area that would be willling to take the resposibility of this and call a meeting of sikhs. im not sure if india SGPC or Akaal thakhth no of this issue no matter how corrupt people think these people are im sure they will be willing to help, i'll email them now.

If Some Singhni(z) on this site are in that area it would be a good to find out what they are really teaching these girls because no 1 has sikhi BBQ's from 6.00pm to 2.00am in the morning there must be more than meets the eye.

156423[/snapback]

:wub: Yeah, i can't really imagine them having a BBQ at 2 in the morning. Well i don't know about secret agenda's, but it does seem a bit strange to let a program run that late.

SSM you're right with your frustration and they may not care as much as we'd like to have them care (or they might). But I think it's important that they are aware of what others think. It may not keep them from continuing, but it may keep them from being even bolder in their idiocy.

156423[/snapback]

Maybe instead of trying to stop them, we should try to prevent new ppl from joining their ranks. Perhaps start sikhi camps just before and after.

But just starting a sikhui camp just to stop or take way from another will appear as a "hidden" agenda to others.

So what to do? :@

It really hurts me to see that video, shame on these people.

there wuz couple of threads on jakara on one of the other forums.

did you catch the beginning of the video, the lyrcs says somethin like 'sometimes i shave my legs sometimes i dont'. and the whole thing about the mini-skirt no.gif

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?show...12249&hl=jakara

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?show...12441&hl=jakara

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?show...12482&hl=jakara

ok i watched the video and i realized that these are common "punjabi sikh girls" it seems that the girls in the video have their hair cut etc and don't have problems with sikh guys but rather punjabi guys in general. I guess the reason this thing has bhangra and stuff is because like most punjabi sikhs, the line between punjabi culture and sikh culture is blurred for them. for them being punjabi is number one and a sikh just a part of neging punjabi cause their parenst have guru nanak dev ji's picture on the wall. for most punjabis, having the pictures of gurus is fulfilling sikhi.

i personally think these types of punjabi sikhs are the majority in punjab and in the west. that is why we have this whole sikh identity issue.

Anyways they will talk about female foeticide which is not a bad thing. my only suggestion to the organizers would be to change the name of Jakara(Sikh term) to Balle Balle, a punjabi term commonly used in bhangra.

peace.

There are some things which aren't so good or according to the real sikhi as some members stated above. But we have to keep in mind that not everybody are at Advance spiritual levels. These are the ppls or young ones who doesn't know the basic "ABC" of sikhi. The good thing about them is that most of them are willing to learn whatever the giyan person teach the real sikh spirituality to them BUT those preacher/teacher type of ppls aren't easy to find who are humble, neutral, easy going cool but religous at the same time. A somewhat of balanced person !

If you see something not right.. go to them and speak to them. If that doesn't work out, then don't come on internet and do blah blah but instead.. gather some friends and try to show the other side of the coin to them. Blaming, finding faults is easy job but the real tough nut job is to find the solution of such problems which should bears positive energy to both sides.

The female equality agenda and stuff doesn't sounds good to go with the flow cauz these stuff happens in the family who lived most of their lives back in india (40+). i don't think the equality issues is the major problem in the youth generation as everybody is cool about the equality stuff.. but anyway.. still not bad..

I did email them and got a reply that shows they arent time wasters. They do seem to care about sikhi but just dont understand it in as much depth as others.

If anyone does decide to email them keep it as polite as possible please. They said they would think about stopping the bhangra but I don't know what will happen.

The amount of heat and anger that comes off the screen because a teenage girl says something misguided. The amount of complaints made about the ill effects on the 'Sikh image'.

But whenever a thread is raised about how the Sikh image is that of wife beating, female foeticide, honour killing, extremism, and other sickening social issues, you have a few people saying its bad, some others who say they are not real Sikhs so we dont have to worry about it, and the rest stick their heads in the sand.

Wake up call - Sikh image is getting a battering not because of the attitudes of some teenagers in California, but because Sikhs allow evil things, especially against women, take place right under our noses.

At least Jakara have decided to do something about it. There is an article on here about somewhere about them meeting and arranging to picket and pressure a Punjabi newspaper in California advertising sonograms for pregnant women so that another Sikh girl can be murdered in the womb. So they are doing something positive, and all the interner warriors can do is cuss and spit and hate.

Here is what Jakara are doing:

Female Infanticide in the Bay Area

By Jakara Staff

The problems we face in our community are many. However, there are times when one is forced to TAKE A STAND.

We have recently received information about various Panjabi newspapers advertising ultrasound technologies to determine if the unborn child is a ' munda' or 'kuri.' Unfortunately this information in our community is used too often to abort the unborn baby girl, thus turning a mother's womb into a graveyard. It is time to TAKE A STAND .

We are seeking all interested Sikh Youth to send an email of interest as we are trying to find out how many people are interested to take on this issue. We have begun preliminary discussion about a plan of action. We need members of the community's support, but most importantly we need activists willing to TAKE A STAND and say 'enough is enough.'

We are enclosing the ads from the various Panjabi newspapers. We are seeking especially High School Students, College Students, and Young Professionals to get involved with this first time mass movement effort.

WHO: All Concerned Sikh Youth (This is not a women's issue, this is 'our' issue!) We seek women and men's help!

WHAT: To become involved in an effort to stop the publication/distribution of this information and begin educating our community

WHEN: Send an email ASAP to jakaramovement@gmail.com We will be coordinating a meeting in the Bay Area the week of March 13th to the 19th

WHERE: The Bay Area (East Bay, South Bay, North Bay, The City, and everywhere in between)

WHY: Because WE are the next generation of Sikhs and it is our duty to end this problem

So just because they say a few misguided things in a video, rather than speak to them in a civilised way, people start hating on them in an aggressive manner, even though they are actually doing something to stop the most evil thing facing us today, the slaughter of girls in the womb. Amazing.