lol, no im not apart of jakara, but found this anyhow...

the advertisement trailer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bGCdCSc92EM

http://jakara.org/agenda.htm

FRIDAY : Ronak Mela and “Memory and Solidarity Vigil”

7:00 - 8:00am Nitnem

8:00 - 9:00am Asa Ki Vaar Workshop

9:00 - 10:00am Continental Breakfast

10:00 - 11:00am Introductions

11:00-11:30am "Meeting the Guru Granth Sahib" - Powerpoint Presentation

11:30-12:15pm "At the Royal Court"

11:30-1:00pm "Musical Tradition of the Guru Granth"

12:15-1:00pm "Know your Guru"

1:00-2:00pm Lunch

2:00-3:30pm "Musical Tradition of the Guru Granth"

2:00-2:45pm "At the Royal Court"

2:45-3:30pm "Musical Tradition of the Guru Granth"

3:30-5:00pm "From the Mouth of the Guru"

5:00-6:00pm "Culture Reinterpreted"

6:00-6:30pm Conclusion of Day 1

6:30-2:00am Picnic at the Park and CSUF Student Union

As the sun sets on the horizon, there will be an outdoor picnic at a local park that has come to be a staple of Jakara over the last four years. BBQ, games, music and just relaxing on a summer Fresno afternoon are the focus for the evening. At the park we will have a candlelight vigil in memory of and in solidarity with the martyrs and victims of Operation Bluestar and the Delhi Pogroms. The picnic will be followed by an evening at the Fresno State Student Union Building, which will be reserved exclusively for Jakara. You can enjoy bowling, billiards, arcade games, bhangra, and various other fun activities well into the night.

what can we do 6.30-2.00 at the student union????? (come on people lets be imginative)

and what does sangat think of this????

Just went on their website and not too impressed.

Ok so just to make clear, they will be having bhangra and that is same day they remember the Shaheeds, what better way to remember the women who were raped and then men that were killed than a good old dance!!Myave we can contact them to explain that it doesnt sound quite right to us but then again they may not really care!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Khalsa Jio, i clicked on the link and this film started, on there "Sikh" women were giving their views on "Sikh" Men, these days these programmes have become more of a blind date!

Is this Gurmat?

We need to join our daughters & sisters with Guru Granth Panth, not with ourselves, Sikhism is not a dating agency, watching this film, I did not see one word of Gurmat come out of any of them Bibian's mouths.

Isit really the elders to blame for youth drifting away from GurSikhi? Or isit us the youth ourselves to blame?

What we are doing is trying to change Sikhi to being more westernised to suit us, but not changing ourselves to become good Sikhs.

Its the "NEW WAVE" not to have a Dastaar, not to have a Beard, not to have ANYTHING to do with Guru Granth Panth, who is to blame?

If a bollywood film runs on all night, were fine with it, but if the Ragi Sahibaan take an extra 15 minutes doing Sri Asa Ji Di Vaar da Kirtan we all start complaining?

How much Gurmat is there? Daas really thinks that programmes like these really need to get back to basics, WHO ARE WE? WHAT ARE WE? WHAT ARE WE DOING? WHAT SHOULD WE BE DOING?

But no, we are such selfish people, after all Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj did for our Shaan, is this how we repay him?

Were all to blame, we need to get into schools, colleges and universities to do Gurmat Veechar and Gurmat Parchaar, not just run a dating agency in the name of Sikhi.

Khalsa Jio, i clicked on the link and this film started, on there "Sikh" women were giving their views on "Sikh" Men, these days these programmes have become more of a blind date!

Is this Gurmat?

We need to join our daughters & sisters with Guru Granth Panth, not with ourselves, Sikhism is not a dating agency, watching this film, I did not see one word of Gurmat come out of any of them Bibian's mouths.

Isit really the elders to blame for youth drifting away from GurSikhi? Or isit us the youth ourselves to blame?

What we are doing is trying to change Sikhi to being more westernised to suit us, but not changing ourselves to become good Sikhs.

Its the "NEW WAVE" not to have a Dastaar, not to have a Beard, not to have ANYTHING to do with Guru Granth Panth, who is to blame?

If a bollywood film runs on all night, were fine with it, but if the Ragi Sahibaan take an extra 15 minutes doing Sri Asa Ji Di Vaar da Kirtan we all start complaining?

How much Gurmat is there? Daas really thinks that programmes like these really need to get back to basics, WHO ARE WE? WHAT ARE WE? WHAT ARE WE DOING? WHAT SHOULD WE BE DOING?

But no, we are such selfish people, after all Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj did for our Shaan, is this how we repay him?

Were all to blame, we need to get into schools, colleges and universities to do Gurmat Veechar and Gurmat Parchaar, not just run a dating agency in the name of Sikhi.

156043[/snapback]

Nice reply Singh_Shiromani, i did like certain parts of the short advert that was presented in another post, but it's lacking in areas like you mentioned.

Can anyone clarify what is the jakara movement is? i never got a clear picture from the site.

if u really wanna no what Jakaraz about check out their trailer, the link is below it will blow you awaay.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bGCdCSc92EM

The main highlights of the trailer are the top level sikhi that comes out the mouths of these gursikh people, the trailer is about what women in sikhi want, and what vichaar they have i wish my vichaar were that powerful. i am proud that there are sikhs like that in the world.

NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what da <admin-profanity filter activated> is going on AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW

these so called sikhs, who are they, what rock did they crawl out of because where evr it iz they need to go back. What kind of "sikh" Kurhee complains that she cant wear a mini skirt, she is complaining that when she dates "sikh men" they tell her to wear trousers - yeah because thats crazy init- no.gif

Jakaraz Goin thumbs_down.gif

REVOLUTION

we all need to unite and show the world what TRUE SINGHS/SINGHNIS are like.......... if sumone from a diff. culture were to see tht video they wud most definitely have the TOTALLY rong idea abt sikhs.........

the jakara organizers need to be shown what true sikhi is.....otherwise they r gonna start doing parchaar tht bibiaan need to be allowed to wear a mini skirt and thth sikhs shud date.........and pretty soon all our precious values will be portrayed as opressive..........

guru ji kirpa karan panth te.......

Just went on their website and not too impressed.

Ok so just to make clear, they will be having bhangra and that is same day they remember the Shaheeds, what better way to remember the women who were raped and then men that were killed than a good old dance!!Myave we can contact them to explain that it doesnt sound quite right to us but then again they may not really care!

156036[/snapback]

SSM you're right with your frustration and they may not care as much as we'd like to have them care (or they might). But I think it's important that they are aware of what others think. It may not keep them from continuing, but it may keep them from being even bolder in their idiocy.

Maybe we need to organize events, camps etc. at the same time or to the same target audience where and when Jakara is. Better, more intelligent, more fun, more genuine and real. True sikh camps are the ultimate high. I think the irony might be that young women are generally more mature and intelligent than young men and a true sikh camp may attract the interest of potential jakara women first.

.... and guess who then might be attracted to this camp? Oh well it'll be a start.

For the purposes of addressing communications directly to people, does anyone know the names and contacts of those in charge at jakara?

If Some Singhni(z) on this site are in that area it would be a good to find out what they are really teaching these girls because no 1 has sikhi BBQ's from 6.00pm to 2.00am in the morning there must be more than meets the eye. so again if there iz ne1 in da area ave a look because an organisation of "sikhs" that support mini skirts what else are they teaching or shall i say brainwashing these girls to do. some of the thing they stated in the trailer are true but the way they are going about making the changes are wrong. What do u PPL tink

good question individually you will not stand a chance to change their ways united.gif if there was a meeting of the youth from all surrounding area in CA and other places then we will be the begining of the end for them, is there a guru ka sikh in that area that would be willling to take the resposibility of this and call a meeting of sikhs. im not sure if india SGPC or Akaal thakhth no of this issue no matter how corrupt people think these people are im sure they will be willing to help, i'll email them now.

If Some Singhni(z) on this site are in that area it would be a good to find out what they are really teaching these girls because no 1 has sikhi BBQ's from 6.00pm to 2.00am in the morning there must be more than meets the eye.

156423[/snapback]

:wub: Yeah, i can't really imagine them having a BBQ at 2 in the morning. Well i don't know about secret agenda's, but it does seem a bit strange to let a program run that late.

SSM you're right with your frustration and they may not care as much as we'd like to have them care (or they might). But I think it's important that they are aware of what others think. It may not keep them from continuing, but it may keep them from being even bolder in their idiocy.

156423[/snapback]

Maybe instead of trying to stop them, we should try to prevent new ppl from joining their ranks. Perhaps start sikhi camps just before and after.

But just starting a sikhui camp just to stop or take way from another will appear as a "hidden" agenda to others.

So what to do? :@

It really hurts me to see that video, shame on these people.

there wuz couple of threads on jakara on one of the other forums.

did you catch the beginning of the video, the lyrcs says somethin like 'sometimes i shave my legs sometimes i dont'. and the whole thing about the mini-skirt no.gif

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?show...12249&hl=jakara

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?show...12441&hl=jakara

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?show...12482&hl=jakara

ok i watched the video and i realized that these are common "punjabi sikh girls" it seems that the girls in the video have their hair cut etc and don't have problems with sikh guys but rather punjabi guys in general. I guess the reason this thing has bhangra and stuff is because like most punjabi sikhs, the line between punjabi culture and sikh culture is blurred for them. for them being punjabi is number one and a sikh just a part of neging punjabi cause their parenst have guru nanak dev ji's picture on the wall. for most punjabis, having the pictures of gurus is fulfilling sikhi.

i personally think these types of punjabi sikhs are the majority in punjab and in the west. that is why we have this whole sikh identity issue.

Anyways they will talk about female foeticide which is not a bad thing. my only suggestion to the organizers would be to change the name of Jakara(Sikh term) to Balle Balle, a punjabi term commonly used in bhangra.

peace.