First ever North kirtan smagam

51ngh

SIngh Veera and Khalsa Veera thank you.

It is very common for someone to faint inside the Gurdwara hall - especially during ardaas- as I have observed this myself. This is because many Gurdwara's are not properly circulated with incoming fresh air and oxygen levels can fall in a crowded hall where there is more oxygen consumption. With an individual standing the blood supply to one of the most vital organs, the brain, decreases and the brain can be oxygen starved. This condition is know as anoxia and oxygen starvation of the brain for anything longer than 3 minutes can leed to permenant brain damage or even death. In the summer when conditions are humid, people are more vunerable to fainting as oxygen uptake in the lungs decreases, as the alveoli membranes become more moist.

If anyone comes accross such a sitaution where a member of the sangat does faint- dont panic. Just remove them from the hall and take them out side where there is fresh air available, and open the windows inside the hall to minimize the risks for the rest of the sangat. Young children and the elderly are particularly at risk.

If the induviual however does not recover after 1min then call the ambulance emmediatly. If need be, a first aider may have to give the iduvidual resusition and heart massarge. This is dependent on the severity of the anoxia and may I stress that the situation very rarely comes this far.

Doctor_Mani wink2.gif

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Sure simran would have many possotive implications on the human body- NO DOUBT. But as a Doctor it is my duty make you aware the negative implications too

Tell me this, can Naam Abhyaas EVER be negative?

The only correct way to Naam Jap is from the NAAM that Punj Piare give in the presence of Guru Ji.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

When was the last time you heard of a Gursikh having a heart attack or going into cardiac arrest from doing simran? Puratan Gursikhs who were well into their 70's and 80's did Saas Giraas simran for nearly their whole lives, and they were in near perfect healthy condition!!

And why is there so much debate about the heart when it comes to Simran, when surely it is the MIND that matters? If your'e mind is at one with Guru Jee, do you think he will let you have an heart attack?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

yeah i think we should drop this matter now... dun make any further comments regarding this.. in our samelan in malaysia.. especially the annual ones .. we will even have a medical bay .. just incase... its gud that doctor ji here is tryin to help... so i think its enough with all the comments here from both side.. just go to the smagam and enjoy urself ... :)

p/s: u ppl dunno how lucky ur to have smagams like dat.. moorakh is not as lucky as u ppl are :(

JKaur Penji forgive me for replying back to this issue but it will be my last reply to this matter.

ISingh Veera, you asked me,

'Tell me this, can Naam Abhyaas EVER be negative?'

Well I defonatly agree with you that Naam Abhyaas can never be negative. However there may be certain negative implications that science has discovered but remember science cannot be compared with the gratness of the Guru Granth Sahib- and therefore these negative implications are defonalty over-ridden by the posotive effects of Naam Simran. Its like a balance which has one negative side and one posotive side- if the posotive side ways more than the negative side, the balance is said to be tilted to the posotive way. When we look at this example in context with Naam Simran we find out that this example is exagerated a countless number of times because the greatness of Simran cannot be put in words.

Gurupanth Veera, you opened a poll on,

'Science vs Guru Granth Sahib'.

My arguement was not that science is greater or far-reached than Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and nor did I say that the bit of scientific logic I explained on the form contradicts with Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Infact you would find that Sikhism is the only religion that science completly coincides with (we sikhs cover our head- the most vunerable part of the body, Bhagat Kabeer ji told us there are many planets and stars out there- science has only discovered that, many sikhs for a long time who have done simran claim they can heer 'Waheguru' in everything- and partical physics has only dicovered the resonating frequency, Einstien explained how something traveling at the speed of lig

ht becomes timeless 'Akhal'- and Guru Nanak Dev Ji told us in his first bani (the Mool Mantra) that Waheguru ji has a timeless form 'Akhal Moorath'.

Veera this list goes on and on- way beyond my kowledge. My point is it is absolutly TRUE that Waheguru Ji is far superior than science that it cant be put in words- afterall who created sicence- the lord Waheguru himself, 'Karta Purak'.

Now if we start comparing Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (the wholly scripture with the divine words of Waheguru and the jot of our respectfull father Gurus), who is being foolish? Dont you think that this is insulting our Guru, Guru Granth Sahib Ji?

Chardi_kalaa Veera you ask,

'When was the last time you heard of a Gursikh having a heart attack or going into cardiac arrest from doing simran?'

The unfortionate truth is that there are such cases of Gursikhs and non-sikhs going into cardiac arrest whilst doing simran/kirtan and sometimes even passing away as a result. Due to confidentiality and respect I cannot name anyone in particular. But however we Sikhs should view this posotivly and be re-assured that these Sikhs passing away whilst in meditation would be granted a place in Sach Khand.

Veera you also ask,

'If your'e mind is at one with Guru Jee, do you think he will let you have an heart attack?'.

Well as I understand, if Guru Ji is impreseed with youre simran, he may be punishing you for your bad karams in your previous/present life so that when you do leave this world you have had youre punishment and you can therefore be given a place in Sach Khand (its like you dont have a debt when you go to the bank as you cleared youre debts whilst you were employed). If however a Gursikh passes away whilst doing Simran then it was probably time for them to go as everyone has a designated number of beaths as all is uder Waheguru Ji's Hukam. One who leaves this world with Wahegurus name in their heart must be luck

y as they will recieve a place in Sach Khand- so such views should not be viewed negativly but as Guru Ji's blessing. Waheguru Ji is so great that noone knows his wonderfull ways.

I finally apologise for going too far with this thing. I defonatly was not talking anyone out from doing simran. Remember science is great but the greatness of it is of no comparosion with our father Waheguru. And when interpretated correctly science does not clash with Sikhi- it coincides with it. Never ever though compare the young science with the Akhal Waheguru though (the timeless one) as he has always been present and allways will.

I will not comment further on this topic as it has strayed off course.

Bhull Chuck Maaf.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Doctor_Mani wink2.gif ... we can conqor our minds by only Simran of his glourios name, and once we've conqored the mind- we've conqored the world.

'Mann Jeete, Jag Jeet'

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

doctor_mani Posted: Nov 6 2003, 02:42 AM

But as a Doctor it is my duty to save many lifes as possible. You may ask me 'why?'- my answer is us doctors want a place in heaven (or sach khand) too! 

err, i thought medicine was a 5 year course - not a 1 year course. I'm sure that you are awarded the title of 'doctor' (in medicine) once you have completed and passed the 5 year degree program.

Come one singh you aren't serious-are you? :T:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!