Sittin In The Gurdwara For Too Long

Guest guest

Guest guest

normally when i go to the gurdwara i could only sit with my legs crossed for approx 15 mins :@ @

LOL yh i know its not alot, n i tink im becoming old already! but i start to get backache n especially my knees, hai hai, i cannot even move after sitting there for that time...and i soo hate to be in that situation!

... and normally when im going to sit down, i could actually hear the cracking sounds in my knees lol, this is how unhealthy i have become, meaning i wasnt like this before lol, hmmm prob cuz i put on weight grin.gif

anyways...so i was just hoping that i could get some tips on how to escape this pain while im sitting there and tryin to concentrate :wub:

thank juu!

fateh jee

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regular exercise can work wonders!! i used to have a problem too but since i started exercising its become easier n i very rarely get clicky knees n stuff. oh n it could also be ur diet, mayb u should drink more milk?! :@ @

hope it helps! :wub:

yaa .. exercise is the key !

flexibiility !! thats why watever sport is played.. coaches ALWAYS emphasize in at least 10-15 min of just stretching,jogging, etx.. It helps a lot !

I play goalie in hockey for the last 5 yrs or so, and for those that know when goalies go down to make a save they have to bend their knees inwards in a 'butterfly' stance (but now i started to play both 'butterfly' and 'standing' position because of the problem im about to tell) ..

so in that way .. in the last 3 yrs.. i came into sikhi and started to come to a lot of raensbais/samagams .. and i gotta sit cross legged (the other way) and it use to kill at first.. and then died out .. and now this year it RELI kills.. i think i may have over worked my legs .. ahahaha

but its all good i kinda force to sit long in sangat and keep playing for hours during hockey .. but i SHOULD go check it out with the doctor :wub:

but ya bro, in your case, exercise and attending programs as much as you can during the week and forcing urself to sit that long is the key ! :TH:

my other major problem is that my foot ALWAYS falls asleep .. ALWAYS .. no.gif

Guest Guest

my advise is be careful, i too had a problem with not being able to sit down at the Gurdwara for more than 20mins N then my legs wud go to sleep, whenever i asked anyone about it, they said "you'll get used to it" & "it takes time to get your body used to it".

anyway i kept at it, once i went to a program over 2 days & i was adament that my legs weren't gonna stop me from getting as much laha as possible... my legs ached but i stayed in the Sangat for 2 days, i got up & stretched regularly

by the time the 2 days were over by leggs were knackered but i thought it'd go back to normal... but when i got back my knees began hurting, esp one, as the days progressed the pain remianed, i ignored it, 3 weeks latter N my knees swelled up

its been a month now N the swelling aint gone down much & it still pains, its made it pretty hard for me to go and get Sangat now, cuz sitting on the floor without pain aint ezy, & crossing my legggs... i wish

I suppose this is my karam.. my advise to you is do whatever makes you feel comfortable when sitting down, don't sit in one position, dont let your leggs go to sleep, keep switching....

most importantly, be careful N listen to your body now, its giving you warnings... excercise while you still can

your body knows BEST... ike the above person said.. pain isn't a good thing.. it almost NEVER is.. .your knees are body parts for life..if yo ulose your knees... it's hard to walk sit AND lie down...you're in constant discomfort

knee pain is not a joke... work out if that helps... go do yoga, the flexibility you can get from that is good good stuff... whatever you need to do, do it.. knee pains are HORRIBLE to deal with when it gets bad.

Dear all,

Okay I’m no doctor but when u get pains in your knees you body is telling u something! grin.gif

Listen to it.. :@

Get up and walk ,stretch, massage the knees…

You should NOT let your legs feet go to sleep, remember DVT !! ohmy.gif

I used to do a lot of running and through my zeal I’ve worm my knee joints out , they creek and hurt at the best of times and in the winter they ache all of the time, I’ve had them checked out x-ray and mri and for my pas sins i'm confirmed with arthritis.

ie

dont force you legs/knees do something they dont want to do.

Anyway when sitting, and u start to get pains, change positions a lot until u get pains then unfortunately you HAVE to get up…

PS YOUR ON THE INTERNET… NOT TO PATERNISE YOU, BUT LOOK UP

sitting cross legged pains in knees

AND YOULL GET OVER 3 MILLION SITES….

most will explain whats happing and how to help

:wub:

Dear all,

In my local godwadra when people see me doing matha tek and then struggle to get up, they then see me going to the side near the back where I sit.

Leaning (hold up the side wall ) LOL.gif

I get away with one leg straight and the other leg folded like upside 4, :TH:

I always keep my feet 90 degrees away from the guru, but I sure he doesn’t mind.

In hindsight I should have taken care of my knees, please look after yours…..

PS JASPAUL PLS DON’T LET YOU FOOT GO TO SLEEP IT REALLY IS BAD FOR YOU..

PEACE TO ALL :wub:

Its kinda hard not to let your feet fall asleep .. mine always do .. but yes i always move around .. i have like the most weirdest ways of sitting .. ahahaha .. i always move around like every 5 min .. but i usually never wana get up .. only for a washroom break :@

The worst is when your doing kirtan seva.. i .. like 10/10 times my feet would fall asleep .. and most of the time when im done kirtan seva i usually shift back .. and now everyone usually knows that i have to do that :wub: so they usually make room for me to shift back .. ahahahaha ..

or sometimes .. if there is room on the side i usually sneak my right leg off to the side and sit at an angle .. which then relax's my leg.. BUT ..

ahahahaha .. of a previous experience .. sometimes u will feel too much discomfort when your foots trying to wake up and your trying to sing :cool: .. so i usually try to get it out when simran starts .. ahahahaha .. LOL.gif

ok enough of my jokes.. everyone should take it seriously ! .. i try to workout/sports at least a couple of times during week .. flexibility/stretching is a MUST !!