Sittin In The Gurdwara For Too Long

Guest guest

I have been playing tabla in my local gurdwara for the past 10 years. And every week when i play tabla my legs fall asleep. Its so bad that when you get up it feels like i am going down any moment. My saving grace is that next to where i play tabla is a radiator, so i hold tightly to that no matter how hot it is. I get up using it and then i try to shake my legs little by little.

Lol one time the singh who did kirtan di sewa went to do ardas but his mic didnt work so since i was close to the tabla where the second mic was he asked me to pass him the mic and i was hitting him that i couldnt walk.

Anyways, If you sit on something like a cushion or your jacket then you can sit for longer than normal without your legs falling asleep.

Another trick is to keep somthing between your legs some folded towel or something.

Best solution is to practise sitting on the floor crossed legged. but i find that i can sit at home a lot longer and when it comes to the gurdwara i cant sit for more than 30 mints.

If you cant motivate your self to do all that, just remember that when it comes to do LAwan Phere all of us will have to be sitting on the floor for long and then do the pheres no.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest101
If you cant motivate your self to do all that, just remember that when it comes to do LAwan Phere all of us will have to be sitting on the floor for long and then do the pheres  no.gif

156862[/snapback]

A true nightmare for some ppl LOL.gif yaar your voti will just have to drag you :wub:

Guest _Penji_

man my feet alwayz fall asleep...atleast u ppl can sit for 15 mints...i cant even do tht

i go to gurudwara sahib and afta 5 minz, my feet r asleep no.gif i alwayz move around but i try not to coz like tht distracts the sangant around u frm listenin to the kirtan :cool: and some bibiya jus give u weird lookz :@ like it aint my fault if i cant sit fo long without movin...

man Lawan! thaz wht worries me the most...i dunno wht the heck im gonna do then...if my feet r asleep i cant get up at all without fallin :@ @...yeah i have fallen couple of times LOL.gif which wasnt funny at the time...so embarrasin :wub:

chalo...waheguru kirpa kare te assi vi beh sakiye...the way we r actually suppose to :wub:

Guest Guest

i used 2 b able only cross ma legs for less then an hour and after tht they reely hurt thru the hole rainsbai

but afta going to more and more rainsbais u get used to it, and if u move ur legs evry once in a while when they hurt, ull find u can sit thru most of the rainsbai crossed legged

its all bout concentrtion.

then agein if u r more comfortable sitting in another position then do tht

guest veerji ..

please understand every individual persons issues.. not everyone is the same.. i have been going to raensbai for the last 3 yrs .. trust me .. if someone has a problem in their legs/knees then it has nothing to do wit 'keep at it .. and u will be fine' or 'keep practising to sit cross-legged' ..

challo guru kirpa karn pray.gif

Guest Guest

Sat Sri Akal:

japmans acting like his time ain't coming...don't you worry puttra, moms is already looking for you. Just wait till that one day where they throw the "Oi, Viaah kar le hun, banda bun ja."

diepig.gif

Guest Guest

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BE A MAN!