Sis In Law Driving Me Mad

misskaur

blush.gif Feel a little silly writing this.. I just wanted to know your views on it!! Basically my younger brother got married to a girl from india (we're in uk), she is a really nice girl, but i feel like she's totally taken over my family. I live about half hour drive away from my family, I'm married and 6 yrs older than her. I feel really silly and childish, I know it's daft....but I'm the only girl, I have three brothers, now all of a sudden she's calling my parents mum and dad, and claiming she is more important to my mum than i am, she seriously really said that!! although I love my in law's and do call them mum and dad... my parents are my own, and I don't want them to love her more!!! Sorry I know it sounds pathetic... I didn't know who to talk to, as my friends will think i'm silly (which i know i am) and my hubby keeps sayimng she'll never take my place.

Do you think she is now more important to them, and i too my in law's??

hmmm....

I'm not married yet so porbably not the best person to answer oyur question, another maybe married bibi can share more on this.

My take on the situation, after a giurl is married to adjust in her new life she should consider her husbands parents as dear as her own and they too of her as they would love their own daughter. otherwise theres so much tension and unnescessary quarreling that goes on. Your family may actually be lucky the way things are going....

Guru willing it will be even more pyar. I suggest penji that you have a ltlle heart to heart with your mum too...just so to let her know how you are feeling. Mothers always are there to listen even when we think they aren't paying enough attention as we'd like. Timing is everything.

Vaheguru keep all you guys happy.

:TH: best of luck.

hmmm....

I'm not married yet so porbably not the best person to answer oyur question, another maybe married bibi can share more on this.

My take on the situation, after a giurl is married to adjust in her new life she should consider her husbands parents as dear as her own and they too of her as they would love their own daughter. otherwise theres so much tension and unnescessary quarreling that goes on. Your family may actually be lucky the way things are going....

Guru willing it will be even more pyar. I suggest penji that you have a ltlle heart to heart with your mum too...just so to let her know how you are feeling. Mothers always are there to listen even when we think they aren't paying enough attention as we'd like. Timing is everything.

Vaheguru keep all you guys happy.

:TH: best of luck.

Awe thank you sis!! I know what you mean about the girl should love her in laws like her parents... but how is that possible? I did have a talk with my mum, she reassured me I am her real baby (lol, i'm 27)... I feel very envious, I hate feeling like that!! I recently lost my daughter, she died at birth and although she didn't see the world, the love I have for her is more than anything and anyone... I don't want to share my mummy (i know, i know, childish) with another girl!!

you should let her love your mum like this, many people have problems getting on with their inlaws so this situation u describe is a sign that the family relations are good, this is exactly how it ought to be.

Don't worry about your position in the family, your mum will love you still, you should be happy, this shouldn't be aobut sharing parents, try not to get too worried over it, be happy for your mum that someone is ther to look after her and your bros while you are not ther.

blush.gif Feel a little silly writing this.. I just wanted to know your views on it!! Basically my younger brother got married to a girl from india (we're in uk), she is a really nice girl, but i feel like she's totally taken over my family. I live about half hour drive away from my family, I'm married and 6 yrs older than her. I feel really silly and childish, I know it's daft....but I'm the only girl, I have three brothers, now all of a sudden she's calling my parents mum and dad, and claiming she is more important to my mum than i am, she seriously really said that!! although I love my in law's and do call them mum and dad... my parents are my own, and I don't want them to love her more!!! Sorry I know it sounds pathetic... I didn't know who to talk to, as my friends will think i'm silly (which i know i am) and my hubby keeps sayimng she'll never take my place.

Do you think she is now more important to them, and i too my in law's??

157023[/snapback]

I often have tell my wife off for interfering in her sister in laws business. You are in your own house now sister, and that is her house now. You should be there as a friend to her. In one sense she will be more important to the family becasue she will be looking after your mum and dad. Always remeber though your mum and dad will always have a soft spot for you and always love you no matter what.

Also remember, she has left her family alll the way in India and has no one......you only had to move half an hour away. Imagine how she feels. How lonely she must be too. I think its good she is treating your parents as her own.

Parents are those that are your biological parents and your partners biologicial parents and if you call them Dad & Mum then love them like that too. Why not?

I can understand you feeling a little or very insecure but as Randip Singh said your house is where you live and let her make a place in her new home but also I think she needs to sort her comments out about who your mum should love more. Sounds over the top I think.