Bad Sikh?

Bhupz

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bother with the labeling, whether you're a good of bas Sikh, just try to become a better Sikh (we all can, can't we?)

If you want to become a 'better' Sikh than what you are now, then start practising Sikhi, asking others to label you isn't goign to Help. We are no-one to label or judge you. A Sikh is not judgmental. Go out there and become a better Sikh, instead of asking if you're a good or bad Sikh (We all should go and become better Sikhsi.. but then again I' a hypocrit tongue.gif )

u shudn't have 2 ask that queston!!! u shud know lol

God gave U a conscience, use it 2 decide whether what u are doing is right or wrong :TH:

it takes time 2 progress in sikhi...(im not even half way there!!! blush.gif )

its not gna happen over noght, it will happen at a pace U r comfortable with.

• 2 months later...
Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

What kind of question is that HELL yeah your a bad Sikh. Its bad enough you cut your hair might as well drink. When you do this you lose your life in a gamble.

I just wanted to bring and ancient topic to the front. haha

The question is are you a sikh?

If no then do you want to become a child of Guru Ji?

If yes then do you think what you are doing is within the teachings, are you a sikh according to the definition of sikhi?

No one can say you are good you are bad. The sangat has too committed too many sins to be able to judge another in my opinion.

Don't ask questions that will mean others criticise you from the start, tell the sangat if you want to change because then they can all try to tell you what they think you could do better.

Hearing people have a go at you because you cut your hair is hardly going to achieve anything, but admit what you have done so others can talk to you about it.

You're not a bad sikh if you keep improving yourself--you're just starting lower than par tongue.gif

You're a bad "sikh" if you do things that are anti-sikhi (you know what they are...) but don't try to fix your faults. In that case, you're not really a sikh then (hence the quotation marks around sikh).

And remember, most faults can be fixed by doing naam simran; cleanse your mind and just forget about the bad deeds. My grampa was explaining this to me today :|

WJKK WJKF

sikh means learner....if you think ur a bad sikh...i aint sayin that becuz das up to you to decide....well anywayz then that means ur sayin that ur a bad learner....now i dunno if u are or not....but im sure u've learned alot from even this sikhsangat.....we are all learners and we are all learning....i mean come on veerji/panji....NO ONE is this world is perfect....evryone has done many many paaps ji so who could call themself a really "good sikh"? we're all guru ji's children and we're all learnin....stick to the good path....the gursikh path....listen to guru ji and only guru ji....and you shall find all ur answers to all ur questions :TH:

bhul chuk muaf karnee pyaaree sangat jeeo

WJKK WJKF