How Important Is It To Take Amrit ?

Guest _Waheguru_

Guest _Waheguru_

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

im a little confused ... i just cant understand y cant have salvation without takin amrit ... i was hopin dat you guyz could help me out here

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Jee Ki Fateh

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat Sri Akal:

Warning: Manmukhi Vichaar may be inaccurate.

Sikhism, Amrit and Salvation:

Consider if you will that Sachkhand is a foreign country. You will need a passport to get in and a visa stamp. Amrit is that passport and the visa stamp is the Almighty's Kirpa (blessing). In which case Dharam Raaj is immigration.

Then again, maybe :wub::

Sat Sri Akal:

Warning:  Manmukhi Vichaar may be inaccurate.

Sikhism, Amrit and Salvation:

Consider if you will that Sachkhand is a foreign country.  You will need a passport to get in and a visa stamp.  Amrit is that passport and the visa stamp is the Almighty's Kirpa (blessing).  In which case Dharam Raaj is immigration.

Then again, maybe  :wub::

157863[/snapback]

good example!

i've got another one lol

it's like going school up until graduation-10 years or so... and not taking amrit is like graduating but then finding out you haven't enrolled at the start so the degree is meaningless.

it's like going school up until graduation-10 years or so... and not taking amrit is like graduating but then finding out you haven't enrolled at the start so the degree is meaningless.

157883[/snapback]

2 make it clearer...

Amrit is lyk admission to the school of Sikhi.

No matter how much you study without admission, even if you are a A******* student, you wont get a official qualification. Why? Becuase you haven't enrolled in the first place!

Amrit = enrolling onto the path of Sikhi. People say "yeh we can folow rehit without amrit bla bla.. but at the end of day.. it wont be recognised as much as if u took amrit.

------------

A giani was doing katha on this too (i love him!! lol)

Imagine seva adn rehit as 0 and Amrit as 1.

Now lets so loadssa rehit adn seva without amrit...

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

the value? 0

Now 1st take amrit THEN seva

THe more seva you do.. the more u benefit out of it! (add one 0 onto the end, you times the number by 10!)

:wub: hope i made sense

Although I agree with Japmans I think what it means is hthis:

amrit shakna means that you get admission in school.

If you put hard work into the course then you benefit but if you got no admission and you put in hard work then it is of no use til the person gets admission.

I thought about the relevance of amrit and instead of getting into lots of detail lets think of the basics:-

Guru ji asked for amrit so if they asked for it then it must be invaluable.

Guest Guest

Quite simply you will get nowhere with your spirituality without Amrit.

In the Amrit Sanchar. Naam is given to you. You use this to meditate on and this is what will move your spirituality forward.

Without being blessed with Gurmantar, you will not be able to do Bhagti properly and will never spiritually reach anywhere.

How Important Is It To Take Amrit ?-> it is as important as to breath to continue living... to drink and eat to continue living..

and the above anology -> amrit shakna means that you get admission in school is why it is important to take amrit..

after getting the admission its the hard work that u put in that will yield results.. even if u work hard but u never get any admission to any school it will be worthless..