Kirpan?

doctor_mani

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jas Singh

i saw this 1 kid at my gurdwara wearin a kirpan and he was a mona only about 8-10 years old. I hope some1 talked to that kids parents cuz if your gonna wear a kirpan u should have the other 4 k's atleast esp ur kesh! Going a lil off topic here, but i just wanted to mention is cuz it bothered me.

Dear Veer Ji's,

I personally agree that non-Amritdhari sikhs should not wear a Kirpan just like the majority hear.

Surrey Singh Veera you say,

'I haven't seen any non-Amritdhari Sikhs wear a Kirpan, but if i did, i would definitely approach them and tell them not to wear it.'

You'll be suprised as to how many non-Amritdhari sikhs wear a Kirpan in Bradford. So if you're thinking of doing a parchar about, 'non-Amritdhari sikhs should'nt be wearing Kirpans' then youre more than welcome to come to Bradford, UK.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Doctor_Mani wink2.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I don't really understand the thing about wearing a Kirpan if you keep the other 4 Kakkars. In Rehatnamas in says:

dhharehi kaes paahul binaa bhaekhee moorraa sikh || maeraa dharasan naahi this paapee thiaagae bhikh ||5||

(Those who keep their hair but do not get initiated are faithless sinners. They will never receive my blessing)

How can you go on putting on Kakkars, without taking Amrit? It makes no sense. Thats like me putting on a white coat, carrying a stethoscope, and walking around looking like a doctor. I can decieve people all i want, but inside i know i am not a doctor.

This is disrespect to the Guru. Not following his Hukam, but picking and choosing what you want to do. Either take Amrit and become Khalsa, or stop the disrespect of Khalsa Roop. Like i said....THE KIRPAN IS NOT THAT CHEAP....YOU MUST GIVE YOUR HEAD FOR IT!!!!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I don't really understand the thing about wearing a Kirpan if you keep the other 4 Kakkars. In Rehatnamas in says:

dhharehi kaes paahul binaa bhaekhee moorraa sikh || maeraa dharasan naahi this paapee thiaagae bhikh ||5||

(Those who keep their hair but do not get initiated are faithless sinners. They will never receive my blessing)

How can you go on putting on Kakkars, without taking Amrit? It makes no sense. Thats like me putting on a white coat, carrying a stethoscope, and walking around looking like a doctor. I can decieve people all i want, but inside i know i am not a doctor.

This is disrespect to the Guru. Not following his Hukam, but picking and choosing what you want to do. Either take Amrit and become Khalsa, or stop the disrespect of Khalsa Roop. Like i said....THE KIRPAN IS NOT THAT CHEAP....YOU MUST GIVE YOUR HEAD FOR IT!!!!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

this is a bit off-topic but i had to comment on this.

in that case just wearing a white coat and carrying a stethoscope does not make you a doctor unless you have the Doctorness within you. The white coats and stehtoscopes come dime a dozen when it comes to halloween. But who is really a

doctor is HE who has it within him. I feel the same way about those who have taken Amrit. Unless the Humblness/Compassion/Love/Simran, is not within you then What good is that Amrit? What good are the 5k's. When i say love i don't mean just for the Amritdharis or Sikhs, i mean Love for Existance of every living thing in this world.

Waheguru

Outside rehit and inside rehit are equal. Many times inside rehit is given more importance that outside rehit. I hear it all the time from monas who once kept their hair: "I am a Sikh on the inside, I don't need to have it on the outside." I think that is a big hot steamy pile of BS because Deshmesh Pita Guru Gobind Singh Ji started GurSikh rehat for a reason. So that we could be different from everyone else. If everyone keeps their Sikhi on the inside then where will we have GurSikh roop in society? And along with that, if a mona claims to have Sikhi on the inside then why not show it on the outside?

Makes you go hmmm :T:

Bul Chuk Khima

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Sarbloh Soulja:

so what you are saying is that wearing a Kirpan is Rehat, and we should all wear them? Well the 1st rehat is to take Amrit, so why don't we all do that 1st? Don't start complaing to me, when you see 'punjabi' kids walking around wearing Kirpans, no Rehat, drinking, smoking, picking fights, and saying "well, it IS Rehat, at least we are doing something".

Come on guys....some things are Sacred, and a Kirpan is one of those things...its not for anyone...it deserves respect, and a lifestyle of Sikhi Rehat to go with it. I hope that one of these days, it doesn't become like the Kara...people wear it and think they are doing their part.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!