Akj Styke Kirtan..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no right or wrong way to do simran .. all ways are right if they are done wit pyaar and saskaaar.. everyone have their own way when they get up to do simran .. to meditate.. no way is wrong .. some do it fast some do it slow.. some wit a vaja some wit just them .. some wit a group of sikhs some by themself.. its ALL good !

pray.gif

Sat Sri Akal:

I like Khichri, my mom hates it. I love warm weather, my co-worker prefers the cold.

We are all different people who like different things. Some people love fast simran, some love slow and soothing simran. Some people love the Sangat style Kirtan ("AKJ and Dodra style") and some love Raag. It is all different modes to do the same thing...remember the Almighty. To claim that one method is wrong and another is right is like me saying that my mother has no right to hate Khichri.

noone should hate any simran or any kirtan, thats manmat to do so.

In jatha style kirtan people do say vaheguroo, its just that wen u get really into it, it gets so fast that is sounds like your saying grooo, its still gurmantr,

A big Vahegrrrooooooo ji ka khalsa Vahegrrrrooooo Ji ki fateh!!!!

Wjkk wjkf ...

Im confused too :wub: ....I loveee to listen to akj kirtan ..infact its the only kirtan i listen to these days ....

rolleyes.gif

This is what i heard . i may be wrong : Bhai Gurbachan Singh yogi (american sikhs) a follower of Bhai Sahib Bhai Harbhajan Singh Yogi..once said that a mans live span ohmy.gif is decided by the number of breaths. Satguru gives every individual a certain number of breaths ...It is up to the individual to decide whether to finish it up quickly or slowly ...Thus, he emphasized on the importance of doing meditation to prolong the time span of each breath so tht u can live longer to medidate on Satguru even more....( Guess thts why back then during the old yugs ..people could live longer coz they practice meditation and were able to hold their breaths for long periods .... grin.gif )...Now, doing AKJ kirtan, in fact is opposite to that, ....when ppl do the simran during akj kirtan ...their heart rate pumpsss soooo fast ...im thinking grin.gif wouldnt tht finish up the number of breaths they have even faster....?? pray.gif

Bhul Chuf Maf !!

Wjkk Wjkf

Sat Sri Akal:

Extending life is not the aim of Sikhs but of Yogis. Yogis sat in meditation for hundreds of years, but the Tenth Master lives barely beyond his forties. Many Sikhss died in their teens and twenties. Who lived the richer life? Breathing is not the determinent of how long you live...the Almighty is. Don't worry about breathing slow or fast...as long as the Almighty is remembered in that breath, it is not lost.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.