How'd U Go Frm Hair To Dastaar?

Guest help-needing-bhenji

Guest help-needing-bhenji

I'm a 15 year old girl, and am more and more interested in sikhi by the day, thanks to Waheguru's kirpa. I never cu tmy hair, though i used to straighten it but stopped sum time ago, i really want to tke Amrit in the near future but i just can't seem to make that step to covering my hair, I suppose it will take time but i don't know how and lately i've been slightly difting from Sikhi a little bit, probably due to school a little bit. If any1 can advise me ten pleze do, as I don't want to lose m Sikhi blush.gif

Thanks in advance!

Wjkk Wjkf

i'll keep this REALLY short coz i'm hard-pressed for time...have to rush to a meeting soon... maybe i'll write more when i'm back home..

1) do ardaas and strengthen yourself sikhi wise...gurujee will bless his daughter in due course. :wub:

2) practise initially by tieing dastaar at home...get comfortable with it (it takes time to get used to having a keski...the first time my masserjee tied a dastaar on me when i was 16.. i had a blinding headache 15 minutes into it and my ears ached TERRIBLY...i nearly collapsed coz i couldn't get used to it....but over time it becomes like part of your body...you get so attached that you can't bear to part with it) once you're comfortable with your keski amongst home folks, you'll gradually get the strength to face the world with your beautiful crown.

i'll stop now although i'm tempted to write so much more....dang meetings!!! tongue.gif

best of luck dearie bhainjee....hoping to welcome you into the khalsa family soon :@

Guest Guest

If you feel you are "drifting" with your Sikhi, you need to make sure your Amritvela routine is strict with your Nitnem and daily Simran. Wearing a Dastar is an important and compulsory part of Sikhism but Amritvela and Simran is also just as compulsory.

Here's one advice from me only on the point of taking Amrit :wub:

Wake up early in morning ! AmritVela is the MOST HARD PART for all youth. If you can be up for amritvela for the period of six months or so and do at least japji sahib.. then it means you are dedicated to follow Sikhi lifestyle of Khalsa. Don't hurry up, don't get hyped by your mates or cyber buddies. This is your personal journey toward Waheguru jee, so you have to make sure that you are ready to take amrit. Other than that you can continue to read sikh legends, stories to keep the spirit awaken inside you toward Sikhi :@ Read bhai Taru Singh jee sakhi and so on.. Stay in High Spirits :cool: