naam drirh and bibeki

Guest mehtab

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaaheguroo jee kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Naam DhriR - When the Punj Pyareh (all 5 of them) impart the Gurmanter into the Amrit seeker. The method of Naam Abhyaas is taught here. All Amrit Sanchaars tell the seekers what the Gurmanter is - However, very few Amrit Sanchaars actually teach the exact method.

Bibeki - Means a person who knows the difference between right and wrong. This term is often used to refer to dietary bibekis. Dietary bibekis only eat from fellow Amrit Dharees and most of them cook and eat all their meals in Iron (Sarbloh). For example, Singhs like Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindravale and Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh Jee were "Sarbloh Bibekis". I believe Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Bhindravale was a "Bibeki", but not a "Sarbloh Bibeki".

Japnaam Singh

but every1 knows that WAHEGURU is gurmantar right ?

so is this practice of naam drirh given secretly or something ?

also, what are other practices of bibekis? like washing hair everyday etc as well ?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

oK , IM WANNA MAKE THIS CLEAR THIS MIX UP WITH THE SANGAT RIGHT NOW! One thing that even some chardi kaala ale taksalis told me was sant giani baba gurbachan singh je khalsa bhindranwale was a sarbloh bibeki. I know bhia randheer singh je was. BUT, sant je was not. No jathedar of damdami taksal has been so far, well i know not since sant gurbachan singh jes times. If u dont believe me, i asked a singh who did sewa of all the taksal jathedars after sant sundar singh je , was elected jathedar of damdama sahib by sarbat khalsa, and knows a lot of the guru granth sahib je mooh jawani. And he has a lot of gian because hes been doing sewa of sants his preety much whole life. Anyways, this guy even told me that sant je ( none of them) kept sarbloh bibek. This singh was really close with all the bhindranwale sants, and he stayed with damdami Taksal jatha for a long time. He is now the granthi of a gurdwara.

So sangat je, please dont say that sant je ( any of them) were sarbloh bibeki, It aint true.

:e: :nihungsmile: ^_^

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i shall repeat my question once more before this thread becomes a warzone again

every1 knows that WAHEGURU is gurmantar

what are other practices of bibekis? like washing hair everyday etc as well ?

I've been told by Taksali Singhs that Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee was Sarblohi. They may have been wrong - but I am quite sure that they were atleast Bibeki. (That they only ate from Amrit Dharees)

Even if they were not Sarblohi, there are other Taksali Singhs who have practiced this rehit, along with Nihungs and Singhs from other portions of the panth including AKJ.

A bibeki is someone who know how to distinguish between right and wrong. Dietary bibek is only one portion of this.

About Naam dhriR - After giving our heads to Guru Sahib, we are blessed with Amrit and Naam. Only someone who has given their head to Guru Sahib can experience this.

Sat Sri Akal:

Rochak Malang Sahib Ji, the word is not the only thing imparted to the initiates. They are also given Amrit, whose power is only known to those who have taken it (aka. not me :) @ ).

Perhaps input from Sikhs (aka. people who have taken amrit) would be appreciated about how the Gurnamtar takes on a new dimension after partaking of Amrit???

but every1 knows that WAHEGURU is gurmantar right ?

also, what are other practices of bibekis? like washing hair everyday etc as well ?

Gur Fateh!

Rochak Sahib ji, Yes eveyrone does know what the Gurmantr is, Bhai Gurdas explicitly states it as does the Sri Guru.

To suggest that only Sikhs are capable of its use, I find a tad bit inclusive and almost cultish and am concerned at such remarks (little things like this collectively add up and point towards being some form of 'chosen people' ideology and personally I feel, too many evil things have been done in name of being the 'chosen' ones throughout history...this is just me, I feel anyone can benefit from the Gurmantr -read what Bhai Gurdas Ji states on the topic).

The 'naam drirh' vogue can be found in predominantly in Naamdhari and AKJ circles. I have nothing agianst it nor for it...but to suggest that the gurmantr can only be given to Amritdhari Sikhs is something I find objectionable...anyway, I anticipate mass counter claims on this point, so apologise if this moorakh has offended anyone, these are simply my personal views and hence most likely riddled with manmat in many people's eyes...

...I would simply suggest that rather than

solely relying on some 'gursikh' or Chardi Kala tyar par tyar Singh or Baba X or Bibi Y's opinion...rely on the Sri Guru foremost and look at verifying everything that people may tell you or that you have read through your examination of historical facts with the guidance of the Sri Guru...

forgive my stupidity...

-forever at the feet of the Sadh Sangat-

Exactly! Panj Pyare give naam, not a single person, so I dont know where that came from. Also, naam drirh has NOTHING to do with AKJ and has been around LONG before it. In fact there are accounts of it as far back as Guru Gobind Singh Jees time. Every major sikh figure has written something on it. And the panj have passed down the instruction along with it that it is not to be shared. Its that simple, a hukam from panj. Naam drirh was the same in every jatha and mainstream sikhi until sgpc started giving amrit sanchars with less banis, meat and no naam drirh, who knows why.

Naam drirh is only for amrit as guru sahib says again and again Naam IS amrit. If we just give it away without seekers giving their heads then naam will just be a commodity that people decide they can have without keeping any rehat, this leads to huge ignorance and a loss of the true dharam.