Y Am I Being Denied The Right 2 Believ In Sikhi?

Guest What the hell am I?! :'(

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sikh girl with 2hindu" fami

im from *wolverhampton* yeeahhh there is loads of sangat here in wolves.... but.... they'r at the "other" gurdwara as my parents/family would say :wub:

Guest Guest
I would suggest you take Amrit at an Amrit Sanchar conducted with proper Gurmat Rehat but I would also say it is highly important you keep a strict Amritvela and Nitnem, Simran routine before you take Amrit.

erm, any advice on this plz??? wel i always pray b4 goin 2 slp, but its mainly just naam simran, can any1 tell me what time i should be wakin up in the mornin, 4 how long shud i prayin etc.... ther's never been a better time 2 start :e:

so its japji,rahiras n sohilla ye?? @ what times?

158732[/snapback]

it depends how far u want to take it.

try waking up at around 4ish to start with. but if ur used to waking up at somet like 7 u mite wanna strt at 5, so ur body wont get 2 smashed. try and bring the time bak eventually as much as u can, the earlier the better. but try and enusre u have enuff sleep. ususally from 4-7 hours.

with paath, again, depends, if u want strt slowly start with jap ji sahib in moring, after ishnaan and simran, and then rehraas in evening with kirtan sohila jus b4 u go 2 bed. but if u wanna prepare to take amrit u shud be doing 5 baniaa nitnem, asap. jap ji sahib, jaap sahib, tav prasaad savaye, chaupai sahib and anand sahib. do these after simran.

then if u get comfortable with these u cud perhaps doing more bani in your nitnem starting off with basant kee vaar, salok-gurdev mata, gauri guaareri- ja ka vas. and then mabye longer banis like asa di vaar and sukhmani sahib

all depends on u.

but try to aim for basic 5 baniaa and 4-5 amrit vela evry day.

vaaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaaheguroojeekeefathehhh !!!!

if you know, in your heart, that Guru Gobind Singh Ji is your father, and Mata Sahib Kaur ji is your mother,

if you know, in your heart, that Guru Granth Sahib ji is your Guru, and taking khande-ke-pahul is in your destiny,

if you know, that the Khalsa is your family, and Guru Nanak Dev ji's path is the path you want to follow,

then what can anybody do to you? what can anybody say to you?

They can not even bend a hair on your body.

They can not even make you feel uncomfortable so long as the Naam of Vaaheguroo is your support.

Don't give up so easily.

Your family says that everybody looks down on them --- Guru Gobind Singh jee broke all castes. There are no castes in Sikhi. Even we don't recognize Hindu castes or any other castes.

For Sikhs, all human beings are equal by nature. In fact, anybody who mistreats a human being because of caste will get punished in the court of Dharam Raaj.

When you grow up, you will get married and have kids. Will you give in to family pressures, or will be happy and proud of your heritage? Will you teach your kids that same hodge-podge that your parents are teaching you, or will you give them a strong foundation in faith and truth?

If somebody in your family truly feels like a Hindu or a Pandit, please encourage them to follow their religion fully.

And if you truly feel like a Gursikh of Guru Granth Sahib Ji, then please follow your religion fully, and do not bow to any pressure.

These are all tests for you, to make you solid in your faith.

When gold is purified it must go through intense heat.

Nobody won an olympic championship without hard work and determination.

But if you keep faith in Gurbani and make Naam your support, you will have so much internal peace, contentment, and bliss. It will not even affect you when your parents or family make silly comments. You might be living in muddy waters but you can be a lotus and rise above it.

please forgive my mistakes

vaaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefathehhhhh !!!!!!!!!

Bgqw kI cwl inrwlI ]

bhuguthaa kee chaal niraalee

The lifestyle of the devotees is unique and distinct.

cwlw inrwlI Bgqwh kyrI ibKm mwrig clxw ]

chaalaa niraalee bhuguthaah kaeree bikhum maarag chulunaa

The devotees' lifestyle is unique and distinct; they follow the most difficult path.

lbu loBu AhMkwru qij iqRsnw bhuqu nwhI bolxw ]

lub lobh ahunkaar thaj thrisunaa buhuth naahee bolunaa

They renounce greed, avarice, egotism and desire; they do not talk too much.

KMinAhu iqKI vwlhu inkI eyqu mwrig jwxw ]

khunniahu thikhee vaaluhu nikee eaeth maarag jaanaa

The path they take is sharper than a two-edged sword, and finer than a hair.

gur prswdI ijnI Awpu qijAw hir vwsnw smwxI ]

gur purusaadhee jinee aap thajiaa har vaasunaa sumaanee

By Guru's Grace, they shed their selfishness and conceit; their hopes are merged in the Lord.

khY nwnku cwl Bgqw jughu jugu inrwlI ]14]

kehai naanuk chaal bhuguthaa juguhu jug niraalee

Says Nanak, the lifestyle of the devotees, in each and every age, is unique and distinct. ||14||

Guest Guest
erm, any advice on this plz??? wel i always pray b4 goin 2 slp, but its mainly just naam simran, can any1 tell me what time i should be wakin up in the mornin, 4 how long shud i prayin etc.... ther's never been a better time 2 start 

in the morning from dawn till about 5 is amritvela. the bania which should b recited in the morning are japji sahib, jaap sahib, sawaiyeh, chaupai sahib and anand sahib. then in the evening u should try to do rehraas sahib, chaupai sahib and kirtan sohila.

please forgive me if im wrong...could someone please clarify?

Guest me, again!
So become Khalsas and no one will ask you your caste!

haha, that med me smile :wub: yeeah I will not them tho, their happy with their "fake" hinduism LOl, sorry i shudn mek fun out of em ( LOL.gif ) jokes!!

its not the caste, i dun care about tha, what duz caste say a bout a person nothin! if sum1 asks ill tell them im not ashamed of it, then they can make their own informed judgement if they want2..what gets 2 me is that the caste is totally segregated from hindus & sikhs ...not gud, no.gif n then thers this whole confusion on what we are, and my massar duznt help! (bewakoof na hoveh!)LOl

im from *wolverhampton* ye, its tru as it was pointed out before, there is alot of sangat here, :@ so im lucky im guessed, im not that isolated, i could just walk down the road from the ravidass gurdwara 2 the "other" gurdwara!

hey thanks simmal tree sis, sum of the stuff u write is so...ahhhh... :TH: lol i mean in the other threads 2, but dhanvaad 4 tha, & 2 all of u that hav replied u med me feel so much better, its just my twisted <banned word filter activated> family who are happy pretending they are sumthin ther not :cool:

Guest Guest

Fateh ji

iv got some family friends, weve known them so long that i call em my cuzins. They are chamar, but go to gurudwara n do basically the same things as us, but they dont think they are sikhs or hindus.....they want to be something in between. But you cant have each foot in two boats cos youl fall of. so the decision needs to be made. Then follow your path................ all paths lead to the one God but we need to have a path

Guest Guest

With regards to your questions on prayers:

A Gursikh should do as a minimum his 5 Banis in the morning at Amritvela. This is Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tvaprasad Savaiye, Kabiyo Bach Benti Chaupai, Anand Sahib. The Amritvela is any time from midnight onwards, until the sun rises. The main action at Amritvela is Naam Simran which is taught by the Panj Pyare during the Amrit Sanchar. Before this you can still do Vaheguru Simran with your voice. So an appropriate time to wake up would be 3 or 4am, and you will most likely wish to wake up early once you have received Amrit and are able to Jap Naam for longer periods of time. It may help to go to sleep earlier, or sleep for a short period after the Amritvela routine, if you are having difficulty waking up.

In the evening one would do Rehras Sahib and before sleep, Keertan Sohila. Other than this after Amrit one should aim to Jap Naam constantly throughout the day and also add any other Banis if possible.