Y Am I Being Denied The Right 2 Believ In Sikhi?

Guest What the hell am I?! :'(

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im from *wolverhampton* ye, its tru as it was pointed out before, there is alot of sangat here, :wub: so im lucky im guessed, im not that isolated, i could just walk down the road from the ravidass gurdwara 2 the "other" gurdwara!

158752[/snapback]

hey lol poor you im from same city!! :TH: i've been to the ravidaas gurdwara a few times, but my 'local' so to speak is the "other" gurdwara you mention! lol

buy ya come down and like do sangat and stuff, we won't bite!! if you would like any more info/help contact me at gurjyd@hotmail.com

Guest Topic starter!!!&#33

LOLLL OMG im sorrrryyyyyyy simmal treeeeee veer ji.... u jus speak so much sense i assumed u wer female lol naa jokes, sorrrrrrryyyyyy :wub: ur never gonna help me agen now lollll blush.gif my apologies paaji (i hope im not being wound up n it is actually penji!!!)

yeee anjaan??? u go 2 th "other" 1?! lolz can i ask ur honest opinion, u no the Ravidass gurdwara ye, u say u'v been 2 it, duz it seem like Hindu place of worship 2 u??

aaaawww man seriously u guys have cheered me up, i was goin pagal earlia.... but now its all gud,

I AM WHAT I AM NO 1 is gna tell me different :nihungsmile:

Guest Guest
iv got some family friends, weve known them so long that i call em my cuzins. They are chamar, but go to gurudwara n do basically the same things as us, but they dont think they are sikhs or hindus.....they want to be something in between. But you cant have each foot in two boats cos youl fall of. so the decision needs to be made. Then follow your path................ all paths lead to the one God but we need to have a path

grin.gif thats what i dont understand!! they have Sikh practices but want 2 b something inbetween??? there is no "inbetween" sikhi n hiduism cant merge ... ye they need 2 decide what path they want 2 follow n giv it their full dedication. u cant be hinu n go 2 worship at the gurdwara...9well u can tachnically!1 gurdwara is open 2 all...but u no wat i mean!)

they call themselves the *sumthin* brotherhood" ... wacko.gif sorryy... i dun pay attention! lol, will try n find out tho :wub:

GuruFateh!

I was also bought up believing that I was a Hindu but deep down inside I knew that my family did not follow the Hindu way of life and religion so how were they Hindu? Everyone in the family got married in a Gurudwara. Till this day, there are many people in my family who believe they are Hindu. My classic response to them was 'if you are a Hindu, why didn't you get a bedi wedding (around the fire) in a mandir with a pandit? why did you get married in the Guru's Hazoori?'

I'm also from Wolverhampton and have been to the Ravidass Gurudwara's on Dudley Road and Union Row, Handsworth. But I've stopped going to those Gurudwara's because I feel that they have clearly sectioned themselves away from Sikhi. In those Gurudwara's, the Jaikara is 'Bole So Nihaal, Shri Guru Ravidass Maharaj Ki Jai' and also when the Ardass is done, they have changed the 'Dohira' and there is not mention of 'Raj Karega Khalsa.' I now attend the Gurudwara's on Sedgley St, Cannock Rd and the Wednesfield Gurudwara as they fully follow Sikhi.

I say the best way to combat these people (I had them in my family) is to make sure your Sikhi knowledge is great and you have great knowledge and respect of Gurbani and so you can quote passages from the Guru Granth. Out of my whole family (including massars, massis etc), my Baba and Daddi (grandparents), my brother and myself are the only ones who say we are Sikh. The thing is I know sufficient Sikh knowledge and Gurbani to quote to support my stance as a Sikh but in the game of life, I do not know enough. With Waheguru's kirpa, this can be done and hopefully, I will become an Amritdhari.

On a final note, I will quote Shaheed Jarnail Singh Bhindranwala:

'Hindu pakah Hindu baneh, Musalman pakah Musalman, te Sikh pakah Sikh baneh'

So if people believe they are Hindu's, they should follow Hinduism in a full manner not half and half i.e. go to Gurudwara's, get married in a Gurudwara and then say we are Hindu. I think Bhindranwala hit the nail on the head with that statement.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

GuruFateh!

I was also bought up believing that I was a Hindu but deep down inside I knew that my family did not follow the Hindu way of life and religion so how were they Hindu? Everyone in the family got married in a Gurudwara. Till this day, there are many people in my family who believe they are Hindu. My classic response to them was 'if you are a Hindu, why didn't  you get a bedi wedding (around the fire) in a mandir with a pandit? why did you get married in the Guru's Hazoori?'

I'm also from Wolverhampton and have been to the Ravidass Gurudwara's on Dudley Road and Union Row, Handsworth. But I've stopped going to those Gurudwara's because I feel that they have clearly sectioned themselves away from Sikhi. In those Gurudwara's, the Jaikara is 'Bole So Nihaal, Shri Guru Ravidass Maharaj Ki Jai' and also when the Ardass is done, they have changed the 'Dohira' and there is not mention of 'Raj Karega Khalsa.' I now attend the Gurudwara's on Sedgley St, Cannock Rd and the Wednesfield Gurudwara as they fully follow Sikhi.

I say the best way to combat these people (I had them in my family) is to make sure your Sikhi knowledge is great and you have great knowledge and respect of Gurbani and so you can quote passages from the Guru Granth. Out of my whole family (including massars, massis etc), my Baba and Daddi (grandparents), my brother and myself are the only ones who say we are Sikh. The thing is I know sufficient Sikh knowledge and Gurbani to quote to support my stance as a Sikh but in the game of life, I do not know enough. With Waheguru's kirpa, this can be done and hopefully, I will become an Amritdhari.

So if people believe they are Hindu's, they should follow Hinduism in a full manner not half and half i.e. go to Gurudwara's, get married in a Gurudwara and then say we are Hindu. I think Bhindranwala hit the nail on the head with that statement.

158921[/snapback]

fateh ji

Im so proud of you. yes that quote by bhai jarnail singh ji is very true. its important you have a path to follow, and that you stick to it

iv got some family friends, weve known them so long that i call em my cuzins. They are chamar, but go to gurudwara n do basically the same things as us, but they dont think they are sikhs or hindus.....they want to be something in between. But you cant have each foot in two boats cos youl fall of. so the decision needs to be made. Then follow your path................ all paths lead to the one God but we need to have a path

grin.gif thats what i dont understand!! they have Sikh practices but want 2 b something inbetween??? there is no "inbetween" sikhi n hiduism cant merge ... ye they need 2 decide what path they want 2 follow n giv it their full dedication. u cant be hinu n go 2 worship at the gurdwara...9well u can tachnically!1 gurdwara is open 2 all...but u no wat i mean!)

they call themselves the *sumthin* brotherhood" ... wacko.gif sorryy... i dun pay attention! lol, will try n find out tho :wub:

158899[/snapback]

thing is , true hindus wont accept them and true sikhs wont accept them, yea its like ther own brother hood. If someone went to their house you would think they were sikhs, until you questioned them or brought up a convo regarding their beliefs and even then you kinda get confused. we get along really well its a bit weird come to think of it ...............

sat sri akaal, _K_ here, erm im th 1 that started th topic...iv decided 2 "reveal" myself 2 u all :wub: lol

akaali, thanks 4 that.... it really helpd,

I was also bought up believing that I was a Hindu but deep down inside I knew that my family did not follow the Hindu way of life and religion so how were they Hindu? Everyone in the family got married in a Gurudwara. Till this day, there are many people in my family who believe they are Hindu. My classic response to them was 'if you are a Hindu, why didn't you get a bedi wedding (around the fire) in a mandir with a pandit? why did you get married in the Guru's Hazoori?'
I'm also from Wolverhampton and have been to the Ravidass Gurudwara's on Dudley Road
(i go there grin.gif atm...!!) i think like u akaali, im gna get out of there...they feedin me with HODGE PODGE as Simmal tree sed n i dun like it!! :cool:
I've stopped going to those Gurudwara's because I feel that they have clearly sectioned themselves away from Sikhi. In those Gurudwara's, the Jaikara is 'Bole So Nihaal, Shri Guru Ravidass Maharaj Ki Jai' and also when the Ardass is done, they have changed the 'Dohira' and there is not mention of 'Raj Karega Khalsa.'

thats true, i dont like that...it makes me feel uneasy ...

ur lucky..its just ME on my own!! i cud get my little sis on side though!!! lol, its ridiculous it really is.

:e: thanks paaji/pehnji

my point exactly,u cant b both!!!its not possible...

& i find it sooo hypocritical...that they claim 2 b Hindu, but Guru Ravidass is their guru...but...Bhagat Ravidass REJECTED avators,God in human form,eg, Krishna, he also rejected "external" religion eg labelling urself with a religion that u do not even follow..coff coff, not that im pointin any fingers!!! :@

its soooo "fake" almost, i mean what my massar said its impossible..."we'r HINDU'S that follow SIKHISM" (speak 4 yrself mate!)... SIKHS FOLLOW SIKHISM!!!

Sat Sri Akal!

There are many points in Gurbani that show that we as Sikh's are distinct from Hindu's. There are passages in the Guru Granth that do not agree with certain Hindu beliefs. I will give 1 example.

Hindu's believe that God has come onto Earth in a human form and undergo everything that a human has to do, examples of this is Krishan. But in a passage written by the 5th Master, Guru Arjan Dev Ji, he states

'Burnt be the mouth that says God is born. God is neither born, nor dies. He is ever present.'

I will post more points that state we are not Hindu's and these can be used by the topic starter if any of the family members attempt to silence their righteous beliefs!

I don't believe in caste but I have to use caste to get my point across if u know what I mean:

I am a Chamar and I have to say that the Chamar community is one of the most messed up. Looking into the Chamar community I know in Wolverhampton, I have come across so many splinter groups such as Adharmi Brotherhood, Ravidassia. They create so many segregations between themselves and just add to the problems. I remember a few years ago, that the commitee of the Ravidass Gurudwara on Dudley Rd (Wolverhampton) had 2 factions, the Adharmi Brotherhood and the normal. There was so much arguements in the meetings. Rather than solve problems, they just added to them by creating these stupid side groups!

Another example is that last year I grew a kesh and wore a pagh. I also grew my beard. So many idiotic people in my family kept on making silly comments (terrorist, Mr. Singh etc). They make comments and fun out of people yet I feel they should look at themselves.

Some people you can never win over but concentrate on yourself. I say to the person who started the topic:

Don't worry, you have chosen the right path. Follow this path in the fullest capacity and with Waheguru's kirpa, you will overcome all obstacles. I can personally say that since I have embraced Sikhi, I am a better person. I have more control over myself (Man Jeeta Jag Jeet), I do not partake in intoxicants (I used to drink before) and generally I am a better person. It's not just me saying it, my brother, grandparents and friends also say it. So I'll say it again, Be Strong In The Path You Have Chosen, and With Waheguru's Grace, You'll Be Succesful!!!!

Bole So Nihaal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Sri Akal!!!!!

Satnaam Shri Waheguru!!