Parents Have The Right To Raise Their Hand?

Guest GUESTTT

Guest GUESTTT

i wanted this question.....

is it right when your parents raise their hand on you.....meaning do they have that right given by guru ji to raise their hand to thier children? ......i know it might be suprising to most of the sangat here and maybe abit embarising for me :wub:

because my mum abuses me verbally aswell as physically over minor mistakes.......i know it might just sound like "yhh my mum slaps me aswelll".....but this matter is very frequent with me...

but when she abuses me.......that question bugs me all night...and i try to convince myself by saying that shes bin through alot of stress and it might be that stress taking over her...but i cant deny the fact that it really upsets me and gets to me...

i know that parents should be given alottt of respect as they have bought you into this world...but now i feel as if i am losing the respect for her.......but i reaalllly dont want to feel this way because i know this is not what guru ji wants me to doo.... i reallly need adviceeee from you lot..... please help me out ??? :@

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

not sure about the real problem...

but take a walk when ur mum does that.

tell her how it makes u feel. have u ever tried that? jus asking cuz im not sure...these things jus slip our mind, and we say to our self "aahhh! whats the point etc." communication is the key (something quiet obvious or known ...but really hard to do for many reasons)

she might not even know or realize that by talking to u that way she is hurtin you. thats the last thing parents want to do. think of the times you might have said something without realizing howmuch u might have hurt someone. try to understand why she uses the hard language! abise is such a strong word blush.gif

if u know she has gone through a lot, and is stressd...see what u can do to help her. show her that u care (may be thats what u need to do or thats what she wants but not gettin it from you)

sorry if this is confusing.

but listen to kirtan...do path..simran etc before or while fallin asleep instead of thinking about the negative thoughts. have u listen to the lecture of bhai Davinder singh ...its on sikhifm/ekta1 site. really intresting

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!

i wanted this question.....

is it right when your parents raise their hand on you.....meaning do they have that right given by guru ji to raise their hand to thier children? ......i know it might be suprising to most of the sangat here and maybe abit embarising for me  :wub:

because my mum abuses me verbally aswell as physically over minor mistakes.......i know it might just sound like "yhh my mum slaps me aswelll".....but this matter is very frequent with me...

but when she abuses me.......that question bugs me all night...and i try to convince myself by saying that shes bin through alot of stress and it might be that stress taking over her...but i cant deny the fact that it really upsets me and gets to me...

i know that parents should be given alottt of respect as they have bought you into this world...but now i feel as if i am losing the respect for her.......but i reaalllly dont want to feel this way because i know this is not what guru ji wants me to doo.... i reallly need adviceeee from you lot..... please help me out ???  :@

158764[/snapback]

Despite the weakness and challenges of parents, they portray a sense of security and strength to their children, so children can be care free.

Part of growing up and respecting your parents for who they are is starting to learn that they are human and have weaknesses.

It's OK for you to doubt whether your parents do everything right. Ultimately no parents do everything right. Your doubt or even opposition when absolutely necessary does not mean that you don't respect and love them.

its hard to say where to draw the line, its up to the parents to teach us our values etc. I used to feel like you are portraying up until about 18 years old, n used to hate my parents whenever they told me off. But now im happy they did, becos it kind of helped me in the long run, but each family is different.

but sometimes parents can get into a habit and not realise that they take out the anger and stress on their kids. Best thing to do is tell her on a good day how much it hurts you when your being told off and that shud make em think about it more............