shastars

54 members have voted

1. 1. shastars

• YES
    • no

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Im yes! Theres a story that guru sahib even did chaur shaib over the shastars himself, can anyone else confirm this? And i think sikhs can bow to shastars as u cant turn your back to em and have to do matha to them while playing gatka. I love shastars. Can we do matha to nucleaur bombs, etc? :T:

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Guest Jas Singh

i havent heard of that particular story but i think this is done out of respect for the power they hold. Guru Gobind Singh often described god in his writings as the sword or the spear etc... I've seen alot of time b4 in gatka people bow to the swords out of repect again for the power they have such as self defence, protecting the weak etc.

Found this quote a while back, its most likey from this dasam granth, forgive me if im wrong..

As Kirpan Khando Kharag, Topak Tabai Ar Tir,

Saif Sarohi Saithi, Yahai Hamara Pir.

The kirpan, the sword, the spear, the gun,

These are all my Guru.

(Guru Gobind Singh)

Bowing to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Shatra are two different things.

We bow to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji because it is our Guru. This is One kind of bowing.

We also bow to our parents, and elders out of respect. There are many references in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Bhai Gurdas Ji's Bani to touch the feet of GurSikhs. This is a second kind of bowing, out of love, respect, and devotion, which does not make them our Gurus. To me, shastra bowing falls under this category. Yes, it may look like idol worship when we start performing Hindu rituals with shastra, like they do with moorties in Mandirs, such as doing Aarti, meditation infront of them, doing ardas to them, begging for things, etc. etc.

We also bow to our dastar, the wonderful gift by our Gurus, but again, this does not make one idol worshipper, because the reason and intent of bowing to these things is totally different from bowing to Sri Guru Grath Sahib Ji.

I don't know if I make any sense.

What do you guys think?

Jaswant Singh

Guru sahib says Akal Purakh himself is in our shastars and we are to bow to them and respect them.

Jithae Shastar Naman|| Namaskaar Taman||

Jithae Astar Bheyan|| Namaskaar Teyaan||

I am not very knowledgable but basically this pankti means that wherever there are arms/weapons (Shastar) or firearms (Astar) you should bow in respect.

Guru sahib says Akal Purakh himself is in our shastars and we are to bow to them and respect them.

Jithae Shastar Naman|| Namaskaar Taman||

Jithae Astar Bheyan|| Namaskaar Teyaan||

I am not very knowledgable but basically this pankti means that wherever there are arms/weapons (Shastar) or firearms (Astar) you should bow in respect.

Sardar Bahadur Singh Sahib MKhalsa Jeeo!

Here Here!

Absolutely! We matha thek infront of Maharaj in the form of Shabd-Guru and Shaster-Guru.

I too have heard of the puratan Singhs performing the Chor-Sahib seva upon their Shasters...in fact, it was also necessary to clean them regularly and keep them sharp!

Maha Kaal rak // hamaaro || Maha Loh mai kinker Thaaro ||