Why?

Guest guest

Sat Sri Akal:

Nagar Kirtans...why...well, why not? They are ideally a way to get the Sangat together for Kirtan and remembering Sikh history. In countries outside of India, they serve as a way of letting your fellow humans of your existence and provide an opportunity of education of the populace.

Guest penji

nagar kirtanz are a way to make ppl aware of sikhi...its like an anotha way of donig parchar...

but sadly no.gif nagar kirtanz these dayz r jus a big mela on the street...there r ppl dancin...talkin...chekin out grlz/guyz...and bibiya man...they dress up like as if they r goin to some party...its like hellooo its a nagar kirtan not a fashion show:(((

waheguru meher karn

nagar kirtanz are a way to make ppl aware of sikhi...its like an anotha way of donig parchar...

but sadly  no.gif nagar kirtanz these dayz r jus a big mela on the street...there r ppl dancin...talkin...chekin out grlz/guyz...and bibiya man...they dress up like as if they r goin to some party...its like hellooo its a nagar kirtan not a fashion show no.gif

waheguru meher karn

159019[/snapback]

ohmy.gif i thought it was only me that had noticed that!!

but its important 2 recognise not all sikhs are like that....

its also a way of promoting unity..by bringing the whole sangat together ' a v important time of the year.

Guest _HaRdKaUr_

actually it has a really deep meaning and i can only touch the surface of it cuz i dont knwo it all either, but i've heardthat if you walk the whole way, it's like ur path to sach khand and when u've come bak to teh gurudwara sahib, then u've reached sach khand? iuno, i noe thats a bad explanation but it's something about sach khand.. :wub: