Music

mushabooom

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguoo ji kee Fateh.

Lohgarh Singh Bhaji, sikhi's not about making it easier for people to come into sikhi. I mean if thats all we wanted was people to become sikhs why not say its ok to eat meat?! i'm sure there would be so many more people coming into sikhi then. wacko.gif

I just stated what Gurbani is telling us and what we as Guru Jis sikh's should follow.

Sikhi isn't a pick 'n' mix where you pick and choose what aspects you want to follow, i mean obviously theres parts which you have to work at but our aim should be to achieve that. And of course the first thing you shouldn't say to someone who doesn't no the basics of sikh is that they can't listen to music etc. As other things come before that. But on are path through sikhi we do learn about new things wich we shud try to apply to our lives to become better sikhs.

And as sikhs we should be learnin all the time, and not lettin our hankaar gt in the way when sumone disagrees with what we say.

The more we can do the better, but no matter how much we do its not enough.

Bhul chuk maaf.

Vaheguroo ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo ji kee Fateh.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well...some rap isnt all swear words and not all of them have lustful stuff in it...

i guess you can change words like "F" to like stinkin' ... :cool:

just a thought :wub: lol

"Where's the love?" by black eyed peas is a good song...

theres nothing bad in there...

"Dear mama" by Tupac Shakur is good too.

so....i guess people like me can start with these kind of songs and then go to the remix Jatha songs that khalsaforce was talking about. rolleyes.gif:@

......right? :wub: blush.gif

Listen to Anything U want ...Being a Sikh shudnt Prevent U Frm doin ny thing as far it is morally and ethically Right ..no pnt in arguing over this....Infact I listen to Gurbani in the Morning(Sikhi is the Only Religion in the World that Introduced Gaayan Puja because Muzic can initiate a Lot of emotions in your Soul with backed by the Strong Meaning Of Gubani lyrics.)Then I listen to R&B and then RAp typically Kayne West man He is a Brilliant Rapper ...his words are Meaning ful and nt Just Long 'T'S and Phat Nickers ..I tune into some Bhangra Beats .UK wich Bade Sardar changa Kam kar rahe ne.

Chill Man Sikhi is not for Narrow Minded ...But make Sure U dont listen to those Remixes and visualising the Girls With Skimpy Dresses.

ENJOY !!

WJKK

WJKF

Wow. It's kind of sad how the only other type of music listened to to rap or r&b. WOW. I don't think there is anything wrong with my music. When I listen to punk...(real political punk, not mainstream pop punk) it has meaning, SO MUCH MEANING and it makes me realize things and gives me a new perspective. It talks about actual issues going on in the world, not about sex money and drugs or what have you. The thing most people don't like about it is all the screaming is loudness of it.... but I enjoy that also.

Regardless if a song has good or clean meanings is not the point. Why listen to anything other than Gurbani? If you are a Sikh then why listen to American music which has good meanings? The bottom line in a Sikh's life is Gurbani. All the good meaning and messages that people are looking for in non-Gurbani is useless. Gurbani can give you soo much meaning and stuff that can change your life why the need to get good meanings out of songs? We try to fill the void in our lives with what the world says is the way to be happy dancing, singing, have certain fashions, and so on.. All we need is Guru Sahib, be it through doing Paat or Singing through kirtan, that's all the meaning you need. If you feel that you can't get everything from Guru Sahib and there is a need to listen to black eyed peas for meaning then do as you wish, but it will be a waste.

For those of you in this thread that are not really into kirtan or have doubts listen to the track I posted in my other post in this thread. See if you feel anything:).

Galteea Maaf Karnee Jeeo

Well..... i only listen to music..... dont concentrate on lyrics.....lol :wub::  :@:

159717[/snapback]

Thats Nice and There S no Language For Muzic...Its just that if u wanna listen to Muzzic Do It.

OF Course GURBANI is the Ultimate harmony which Connects you Directly to The LORD...but ny way that doesnt mean u are Forbidden Frm Doin nything else

Regardless if a song has good or clean meanings is not the point.  Why listen to anything other than Gurbani?  If you are a Sikh then why listen to American music which has good meanings?  The bottom line in a Sikh's life is Gurbani.  All the good meaning and messages that people are looking for in non-Gurbani is useless.  Gurbani can give you soo much meaning and stuff that can change your life why the need to get good meanings out of songs?  We try to fill the void in our lives with what the world says is the way to be happy dancing, singing, have certain fashions, and so on..  All we need is Guru Sahib, be it through doing Paat or Singing through kirtan, that's all the meaning you need.  If you feel that you can't get everything from Guru Sahib and there is a need to listen to black eyed peas for meaning then do as you wish, but it will be a waste. 

For those of you in this thread that are not really into kirtan or have doubts listen to the track I posted in my other post in this thread.  See if you feel anything:).

Galteea Maaf Karnee Jeeo

159715[/snapback]

And again... isnt that just another form of brainwashing? I dunno, it might not be, but blocking out media forms which enable you to think another way so that you will be focused only on another form sound kind of like it.