Respect?

Guest respect?

Guest respect?

vjkk vjkf

i wantd to know wever why is it showing respect when you cover your head? and i also wanted to know why do people remove their shoes when ardas happends?i know its out of respect, but how is this respectful? help me please!

Guest lowest of the low singhni

this is interesting .. if you get deep into it. your question is kinda the same as asking why swearing/giving someone the finger is disrespectful - it's the way society views it. all you're actually doing is raising your middle finger and showing it to someone, but it has a deeper meaning in society and is viewed as rude etc.

for covering our heads, well... Guru Saheb told us to cover our hair all the time and we should obey Him. our kes is like any other part of our body, and in the same way we wear clothes on our body, we should wear a dastaar on our head. a dastaar is a Gursikh's crown, a gift from Guru Gobind Singh. to not cover our heads would be plain disrespectful, especially since our Guru Sahebaan covered their heads and wished us to do the same.

taking shoes off is generally the same idea as taking shoes/socks off when going to the Gurdwara - shoes have a lot of filth on them. when praying to Guru Ji it's nicer to be as clean as possible - it's like imagining what you'd be wearing if you actually met Guru Saheb and prayed to Him. you wouldn't be wearing your dirty shoes which have anything/everything from the ground on them. ( although it's not always possible to remove shoes when doing ardas, like in extreme situations when you're frantically praying for help tongue.gif but i think Guru Ji would understand in those circumstances. )

i hope i helped/made sense/didn't offend anyone etc.

~l~